The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I feel so bad for Mark icon_frown.gif Ah well, he'll get over it in time for next year's thread.

I just want a decent midfield, Ruud to stay, and for us not to finish fourth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'll get 3rd, one decent midfielder, a domestic cup final...and you'll make the knockout rounds of the CL :*)

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Liverpool 20

Leeds 18

City 17

Arsenal 11

Chelsea 11

Bolton 8

Blackburn 5

Newcastle 5

Everton 4

West Ham 2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say that's about right. Maybe City equal to Leeds.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

so you are looking for a young viera sort of player. ivory coast had a leggy centre mid didnt they?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean Zokora? icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Frey could do a job in the holding midfield role... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I don't care if we win the treble this season, this MUST be Fergie's last season.

Sunday mirror saying out of the Italian lot, we'll be after PV as Fergie searches "for the new Keane" and Nedved

i thought kuszack was older than 24.

getting a reasonable 24 year old for 2m plus steele and rossi on loan wouldnt be too bad. rossi needs to go on loan to the championship for a bit of a battering and steele obviously isnt good enough for us. so £2m for a half decent keeper isnt too bad. im sure he has a resale value of about the same as he isnt too old.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshyboy1984:

Update: 32 Minutes

Riot!

As predicted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as funny as child abuse

Thinking about it, most of the Carrick fee came from the £12m we received from the John Obi Mikel saga, someone who's never played for us, not bad at all... So maybe the Carrick transfer didn't rest on the Van Nistlerooy deal after all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

O'Shea in midfield though, shows how much Fergie thought of Jones and Fletcher pre season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or that Jones isn't a defensive midfielder?

I know that O'Shea isn't either really, but he is nominally.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

so err Trezeguet it is tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still have hope that it will be Tevez (if anyone ffs)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A sheppard herds the sheep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Now I'm surprised when we win icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

remember we are top of the table so there is hope for us winning the league this year icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have as much hope of winning the league as Gael Clichy does of making 30 appearances this season icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with cole gone you never know icon_biggrin.gif

C'Mon the Busby Boys!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Richardson would have done a job in the 2nd half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If anything yesterday he should have started so Ronaldo could play on the right & Fletcher in the middle with <STRIKE>Carrick</STRIKE> O'Shea.

But no, we had to watch that crap instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Yeah, out of interest, why do none of your players attack CRonaldo's frankly terrifying corners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rio too scared.

O'Shea too busy being out of position and planning his next loss of possession.

Brown just put off by O'Sheas crapness.

Silvestre wrong shaped head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Was just too long I'm afraid, have to draw the line somewhere... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I know...good work anyway...I BEAT MARK! I WON & EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW DAMNIT!!!...okay I'm done...

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

So Fergie has come out and named 5 world class players he managed at United. Those being Schmeichel, Keane, Cantona, Giggs and Rooney.

He also said Cristiano will become world class and maybe there is a case for Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Scholes isn't or hasn't reached a World Class level of performance then Rooney definitely hasn't. He and Ronaldo are only very good shouts to become world class talents. Neither are that right now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Saha calls for support

Manchester United striker Louis Saha has called for a section of the club's supporters to back him rather than pine for the departed Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Despite having proved his quality this season in impressing alongside Wayne Rooney, Saha feels that several of the United faithful still make unfavourable comparisons with his former team-mate.

The French international, who currently tops the club's scoring charts, believes he has adequately filled the somewhat daunting void left by van Nistelrooy's switch to Real Madrid in the summer.

Having scored 12 goals already this season, Saha is in line to top his best ever tally for a campaign and with this in mind, he has called for total support from the Old Trafford crowd.

"It is not good for me that if I have a bad spell or make a mistake there are sections of the crowd who let me know about it," Saha told the News of the World.

"If I have a bad 20 minutes they start singing Ruud's name and of course it doesn't make me feel good.

"Ruud is a legend at United and taking his place wasn't easy - it still isn't.

"It was a big step-up coming to United but I have done my best and I happy with my contribution to the team.

"At United the pressure is always there. You're not playing for a mid-table place. Of course it makes you raise your game.

"You must perform to keep your place. That is what I am trying to do and hopefully I am doing okay."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> SIR ALEX FERGUSON is ready to offer Cristiano Ronaldo a jaw-dropping £26million to keep him at Old Trafford.

Sport of the World can reveal Fergie has invited Ronaldo's representatives to discuss terms over a new double-your-money five-year deal worth £100,000 a week.

A source close to the Portuguese star (right) revealed he is almost certain to snub the attentions of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

The source said: "United are a massive club and Cristiano will in all likelihood stay there for many years."

Ronaldo's current deal, which he signed 14 months ago, is worth £50,000 a week and runs to 2010, with a further two-year option.

But the United ace is set to be awarded a bumper pay-hike following his stunning performances this term, where 13 goals have made him favourite for Footballer of the Year.

The new deal will put him on a par with Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand, who are United's highest earners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DO IT, DO IT NOW

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Some certain people can't use punctuation so their views don't matter icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't the grammar in that sentence slightly off? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably, that always happens though. You tell someone that they can't spell and you type speel or something icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

I guess that's a part of it yeah. Also with Ronaldo when he was younger he was too self-centred, you knew he'd get the ball and not pass, which generally ended in a shot over the bar/wide and fans screaming at the TV to pass it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was but a mere youff.

He has matured somewhat lately, but there is still room for improvement.

Same very much goes for Rooney, tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying he wasn't young, but that didn't take away from the fact that it was frustrating to watch.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i dunno why, but i've got more faith in smudger stepping up to the plate when it matters than i do rooney atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Rooney has been useless in all bar about 6 games this season perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am going to Peterborough am I? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we took your silence as consent. oo-er

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"These players have it all. The only limit for them is what they limit themselves to. If they let themselves go on, there is going to be a lot to come from these players. And I am not just talking about Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. We know they are going to be, or rather are two of the best players in the world, but there are others here who still have another couple of gears in them. This side is a very, very exciting team to be a part of. It has pace. It is back to the old United that I used to watch back home before I came to Old Trafford. It is back to the speed of the Andrei Kanchelskis, early Ryan Giggs and Lee Sharpe era. The pace we attack with now is fantastic and so much like those days. The young players we have now are also so brave. They always take the ball. They always want it no matter the situation The belief in ourselves is great. What we have done this year is a fantastic achievement. If we can pull off a win in the FA Cup final it would be a fantastic end to a great, great season. But just to be a part of this exciting unbelievable team is something I will always treasure. I always thought I could still be a part of this despite everything I had gone through. I am not getting any younger but if the gaffer wants me to be a part again of this squad for 10, 20 or 30 games next year, then I will be delighted." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

god bless you Ole <3

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

They're all dives anyway mate, it's CLEARLY all about I&G / FS and plush Canary Wharf offices. Although it's fairly immaterial anyway as in the year I was there I spent, oooh, say 15 days in the actual office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a working year for Nick.

Archived