The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

so fergie confirming ruud is reporting back for pre-season? interesting... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His name wasn't mentioned when the article was first posted......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> originally posted by spotg:

Originally posted by pago:

so you are looking for a young viera sort of player. ivory coast had a leggy centre mid didnt they?

You mean Zokora? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, i meant yaya toure. zokora didnt look overly leggy and and short african midfielders apart from essien just remind me off djemba djemba.

but sod it, any midfielders would be nice.

have any of teh italian players actually been sold today? i thought it was all happening today?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

I WANT HIM TO COME UNITED.THAT WUD BE EXCELLENT.BUT WITH ROSSI IT WUD BE DIFFICULT FOR HIM.IN ADDITION HE WONT EVEN THINK OF CUMIN TILL THE DEPARTURE OF RUUD IS GUARENTEED.

Makes me feel better about our legion of ***** <3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and yet still makes me cringe less than the average boreclaw post

I'm also just remembering the Jimlad posts earlier saying he thinks Richardson will start ahead of Park this season

I can say right now I'll be tempted back to the suicide pact if this happens.

Basically:

Park ifb and underrated

Richardson ifffffs and overrated (by Fergie)

utter joke if KR somehow makes our first choice XI

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lord Stadler:

we played djimi

case closed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we played O'Shea

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

I must admit i'd like to see him come to us for the season ,get some experience, probably toughen him up a bit as loads of fullbacks will be out to kick him.

Would be good for all parties i feel icon14.gif From what i hear he is quite highly regarded at OT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the fullbacks kick him, he'll either;

1)absolutely rip them a new one skill wise

2)get sent off himself for retaliating

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

It really wasn't, just surprised by it when I don't see him as any better than either Foster or Howard. Just makes little sense to me.

But hey ho, Foster is probably better off with a full season of playing, and Howard doesn't look to be making any inroads (not sure whether you'll agree), so like you said he's as capable as the likes of Almunia and Dudek. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree about Howard, hence why I think this is a good signing. You're simply not going to get 'very good' keepers to sit on the bench every week.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I don't think you can be considered a top central midfielder unless you can stamp your authority on a game, whether that's in an attacking or defensive capacity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe we have different definitions, but I don't think a player needs to stamp his authority on a game to be a big influence. Makelele does lots of little things that nobody notices, yet is hugely influential, same with Gilberto. Yet I wouldn't consider that either stamp their authority in the same way as Gerrard, for instance.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Eddie, I'm trying to get a swap for Everton for a Chelsea, fingers crossed icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did see this earlier.

Just like to say that me ruv you rong time if you can manage that. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson is hoping to welcome teenage striker Freddy Adu to United on a trial basis.

The Reds boss revealed this on Friday, following renewed media interest in the 17-year-old prospect.

"We've known about him for a long time. We tried to get him some years ago but he signed for DC United. That stopped our progress in keeping tabs on him."

Adu himself was quoted earlier this week as saying, "My ultimate goal is to go overseas and if it comes sooner rather than later, I'll take it."

Ghana-born Adu has been with DC United for three seasons, having signed for the Major League Soccer side when he was 14. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Good round up Mika, although you can save your Fletcher smugness for when the lad's played consistently well for more than 2 and a half games...

I loved our win this weekend. Had such a feel of a 1-1 game all the second half, so I was ridiculously surprised and a tad giddy when Rooney popped in the second. And then I laughed and laughed and laughed when Ronnie missed the easiest chance I've probably ever seen a United player miss (certainly worse than the Giggs v Arsenal one from 02/03, although I remember Ferdinand missing from about a yard against City that season as well).

We won't beat Chelsea mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

surely 54 points in January is a record for us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 53 we were on before today was a record so probably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oi morgan

Tollgate tomorrow for Liverpool/Chelsea then town for our game.

compromise, not going into town for both games, no siree </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seems fair. not sure i particularly want to watch tomorrow's game though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BARDSLEY EYES VILLA SWITCH

Phil Bardsley would be happy to secure a long-term future at Aston Villa and insists the midlands club can still qualify for Europe.

Bardsley is confident Villa are "moving in the right direction" under Martin O'Neill after years in the doldrums.

He has been impressed with January signings John Carew and Ashley Young while off the pitch a new £8million training ground, a few hundred yards from the current one at Bodymoor Heath, will be completed by the summer.

Bardsley said: "I think Villa have their foot in the garden now and I honestly believe we are moving the right direction.

"This is a club that has been in the wilderness for too long but I think it is time that Villa, with the stadium that they have, the training ground they are building, and the players they are bringing in, are moving forward."

Villa ended an 11-game run without a win in the Barclays Premiership with victory over Watford last weekend after being third in November and Bardsley believes they can quickly reclimb the table.

He said: "When I see the quality of our squad and I look at where we are in the league table, it does not seem right. We should be higher up.

"But every team suffers a dip in confidence and we had that. Look at other teams, like Manchester City, who are doing okay now after a poor run.

"It happens. I am sure we will put a few results together and rise up the table. I think we will soon be pushing for a European spot, even this season. It is not out of the question."

Bardsley, who previously had a loan spell with Rangers, is initially with Villa until the end of the season

But he insisted: "If my future is to be at Aston Villa, I would be happy with that. It depends on whether the manager wants me here or not. I will have to see how it pans out."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Bugger

the youth cups on telly tomorrow not when i'm bloody working

what times KO??

might try and sneak a half shift or is it a two legger anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 legs and kick off is at 7:45 as far as I know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bleeding 26th is a back shift too for the return leg

bastards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

christ, apparently SSN are apparently reporting only 10 outfield players trained today - Ole joining the injured list /O\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the plus side Richardson was with Vida, Saha & Evra so he shouldnt play.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

he's no worse than those divs who were wishing Leeds promotion to the Premier League just so we could play them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut your trap gummy

• 2 weeks later...

in other less reliable speculation, thisisthenortheast.com (really) link us with Mark Viduka, and old favourite tribalfootball.com link us with bids for Ajax's Wesley Sneijder and Brescia's Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamsyk. and the Irish Daily Mirror are saying we've offered JOS a bumper new contract.

• 2 weeks later...

wow wsr, I stick up for you and you repay me by voting me sorest loser.

talk about stabbed in the back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops!

There was only three choices. icon_frown.gif

Cool video btw, Mika. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Franny, your old club were linked with the Hull chairman weren't they? Seems like he's selling them...might be the start of an attempt to take over at Leeds? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Francis sooooo doesn't care about Leeds anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

btw, is this the last day of this wonderful thread? Feel like there should be some sort of tribute or something...

Is it the biggest thread ever to appear on OTF? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

524 pages in a touch under 51 weeks, not too shabby really.

Dont think its the biggest thread ever? Will just get bigger next season too.

Nick the official thread starter?

Archived