The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Why do we have so many morons lately supporting United?

mentioning no names markggoodguyelmonzoolipepper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think on the bright side, they're nothing compared to the absolute machine that is the Liverpool thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel sorry for the decent scousers icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Perhaps not European class yet, but then again Reo-Coker has plenty of time to develop. And he has all the raw attributes to be a great centre midfielder, plus he knows and has proven himself in the Premiership </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proven? One season? John O'Shea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JOS was a one off in terms of the extent of 'one season wonder' ishness

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

haha including welshmen, scousers and geordies as "homegrown" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry.. i must have missed the year when Newcastle, Wales and Liverpool were declared independant from the British Isles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

british isles icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

cmon davey gill

show us what you're made of </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the F.A decide to make an example of Scholes and Rooney to prove Dein didnt have any influence on Arsenal punishment decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Anyone feel like posting a list of our injured players and estimates of their likely return dates so I don't have to go looking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Link

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Silvestre is >> than O'Shea anyway as a defender, when on form. O'Shea's just like a big sturdy turd that runs funny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just that though, 'when on form' - he always fecks up once a game.

Your location is icon_cool.gif btw.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

There seems to be a pattern of us dominating games and having loads of chances but scoring scrappy goals. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're scoring but I'd like one of those brilliant one-touch passing moves to be finished one of these days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The move with Ole and Rooney today that Smudger put wide would have been a beautiful beautiful goal icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It reminded me a LOT of the mnove for the 2nd (injury time) goal against Arsenal in THAT game :*)

• 4 weeks later...

Clearly the Atletico scouts were there and Fergie wanted to give him a run out so he could boost the price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i know the gabby love-in in here is quite strong, but for mine, paddy >>> gabby both defensively and especially going forward atm. paddy really looked a united player for the first time against porto in amsterdam in pre season, and hasn't really put a foot wrong since.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely, Evra's firmly entrenched as first choice left-back for me. He's been excellent since preseason and I think the only way Gabby's going to get back in regularly is if Patrice loses form.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

richardson was richardson. nuff hate about him already, although i'll at least give him the fact that he was willing and got stuck into some tackles. pity he just gave it straight back every time he won it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

momohair?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

i hate people who blag unjustified sick days, bunch of slackers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if i can take some more i'll take thwm

up to me whether i really need them or not

the last fwe times i pulled a sickie was down to having open uni assignments to finish and not being allowed time to do it at work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Right, match-going reds: I've decided that with my situation being as thoroughly mundane and lonely as it is I need football back in my life in a big way. One of my New Year's resolutions is therefore to sack off my principals and start going to Old Trafford again (cue inevitable criticism of either the original decision to boycott or me reneging on it). Anyway, just looking for a bit of advice re: tickets. One United members - what's your current success ratio of applications to actual tickets? With the new 'one year' season tickets taking up space, are there certain stands in teh ground where you're more / less likely to get tickets? Anyone ever go through touts on the match day, and if so, what prices are we looking at (away from your bigger games with Liverpool, Arsenal etc)? For that matter, what prices are we looking at in general under the Glazers? Does parking anywhere within a 5 mile radius of OT remain as much of a farce as it used to?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm talking to you on MSN but you're ignoring me so no tickets for you icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nah, I disagree with Rio being a cuuunt, shown he's dedicated to the shirt, hasn't done anything cuuntworthy for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never hounded Rio

just like I never hounded Ronaldo

proud of it on both counts tbh. they've been fb for us.

and how often are Irish bookies gonna pay out stupidly icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Injury concerns for Reds

Sir Alex Ferguson has a number of injury concerns ahead of the Premiership clash with Charlton at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Edwin van der Sar is definitely out after breaking his nose in the victory at Tottenham last Sunday. Tomasz Kuszczak will deputise, with Reserves' stopper Tom Heaton likely to be on the bench.

John O'Shea - who took over in goal from van der Sar for the final ten minutes at White Hart Lane - is also unavailable after picking up an ankle knock whilst on international duty for the Republic of Ireland earlier this week.

Michael Carrick (groin) and Cristiano Ronaldo (head cold) should hopefully be fit to face the Addicks, while Wane Rooney has recovered from the hip injury which forced him off after an hour against Spurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

erm, if they built a new stand would that mean the end of the wall? icon_frown.gif

gtf if it would </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually just pictured Martin chaining himself to the wall as bulldozers come to demolish it. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"You money grabbing bastards. This is MY WALL. You're not taking it from me so that you can line your pockets you filthy bastards"

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

they played catania, not lecce </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that's what I meant, dunno where I got Lecce from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but yeah, they cruised, resting totti and taddei due to knocks, but they'll be fit tomorrow (also rested mancini and a few others). bear in mind the CL is all they have this season, they've pretty much tied up 2nd in serie a, no chance of the title, so we'll have to be at our best to beat them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

2 new tifo flags for Sunday, including the 2 that were in place for the Milan game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

reading that has just made me go on the sef site...

who is that with sir matt?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived