The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Saha icon_frown.gif But his tackle was a bit wild, but the ref let worse ones off without a booking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel bad for him but he was screwed over because of the time-wasting one in towards the end of the Brazil game, not last nights booking.

Thing is the ref last night was clearly to scared to book anyone because the big players (ZZ et al.) all had bookings and after what Blatter said yesterday about big players missing games like Sunday's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Bayern Munich open to swap for Man Utd's Van Nistelrooy

Bayern Munich are open to a cash-plus-player swap involving Owen Hargreaves for Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Daily Mail says it is understood United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is back on Hargreaves' trail after the 25-year-old emerged as one of few England successes at the World Cup and has again sought indicators on whether he could be prised away.

Bayern may part with him if they can land Van Nistelrooy, 30, in a part-exchange deal that would include a cash adjustment of around �7m in United's favour.

Though Spain has always been Van Nistelrooy's preferred destination, sources close to the striker insist he would happily start next season with the German champions.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes, yes, YES PLEASE

It's come to something when the potential signing of Owen Hargreaves causes that reaction, admittedly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that missing symbol pounds sterling or euro's?

If its the former it could be a very fair deal.

Of course its no different from the theories we've concocted ourselves since hearing of Fergie's interest in Hargreaves and Bayern's interest in Ruud.

We're still lacking concrete info on anything so lets not get too excited.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Try ringing the ticket phone line? 0161 442 1999 i think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm waiting on a phonecall about a job, so don't want to be tied up on the ticketline for the rest of the afternoon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough. iirc it's automated and only takes a couple of minutes, but that may have changed since I last used it.

Basically if you count a season as 10 months, in the last 2 seasons he's had 5 months injured, 5 months on form, and 10 months off form.

I'm more optimistic of him getting his form back as his game is less reliant on the physical aspects that go first with age than most players. But of course there are no guarantees.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

:*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but too late to stop us breaking the unbeaten record :****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:***********) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we beat the record againt blackburn didnt we icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Has Rooney ever scored a header for us? I seem to remember a while back someone saying he hadn't, and i couldn't think of one.

The only one i can ever remember him scoring was that one at Euro 2004, i think against Switzerland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure he hasn't. He mentioned it himself in an interview not too long ago as well.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Mark, unless I'm mistaken that post roughly equates to 'Scholes one was fair enough, Rooney's was a bit of a joke' and that would make it possibly the longest ever post agreeing with the ~80 ones before it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last bit was, the rest was more to counter the nonsense blaming of the FA for every aspect of this, when they've only got one bit (albeit horribly) wrong.

Anyway, i've done far longer "you're all correct but i'm going to put it in my own words (and twice as many of them) anyway" posts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

guys i want to take you back to BUTT in 98, best player of the world cup for England. we all knew he was a good DM, but we also knew he lacked somethingn to be great.

OWEN H is alot the same and afew years back we wouldn't be even looking at him, not as atop target anyway . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're talking BS about Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And about Butt. He didn't go to the '98 world cup, and he did well in 2002 but he wasn't the best English player there, whatever Pele might have said. Hargreaves is already a level above where Butt was then, and he's younger as well.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I thought they always said it would be a pick up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not what I was told...but that may be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Taken from the sun but anyway...

And if we were to loan how much of a shockwould it be to see him go to Sunderland?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Keano ready for Rossi raid

MANCHESTER UNITED superkid Giuseppe Rossi is set for a shock loan switch from Newcastle to Sunderland.

Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson is unhappy at the 21-year-old striker’s lack of first-team chances at Toon.

So Fergie is recalling the Italy Under-21 star from St James’ Park — and then letting him join Newcastle’s North-East rivals, who are managed by his old skipper Roy Keane.

Rossi has started only five games — three Premiership and two Carling Cup ties — since joining Glenn Roeder’s Magpies last August.

His only goal was in the 3-0 League Cup win over Portsmouth in October.

Keane has already been in touch with his old boss with the promise of games for Rossi.

And Keane will also try to persuade Fergie to let him borrow centre-back Jonny Evans, who is already a Northern Ireland cap at 19.

Reds right-back Phil Bardsley, 21, whose loan at Rangers was cut short after a bust-up, is already set for a loan move to Sunderland.

Ferguson is ready to allow the Rossi move to go through because his squad has been buoyed by the arrival of striker Henrik Larsson on loan from Swedish club Helsingborg.

Larsson, 35, will be available in the New Year and has already impressed in training. He retired from top-flight football at the end of last season when he left Barcelona to see out his career at his home-town club.

But Ferguson has taken the one-time Celtic and Sweden star on loan until the end of March and cannot wait to have Larsson available as he aims to utilise his squad after a busy holiday programme.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Cheers Nick.

Btw, how do you go about rating Mamam? The rest you've obviously seen in the youth/reserve teams but as far as I know Mamam has been on loan at Antwerp and hasn't come over since we signed him up. At least Dong has been on pre-season tours.

Also, is it viable to assume that, out of all those players the four most likely to depart at the end of the season are Eckersley, Bardsley, Howard and Eagles.

The rest seem to be either too young to abandon at this point in their development or too promising to allow to leave. With those four, and with Eckersley I am only going on his rep, the loans seem to be precursors to them leaving for the teams they are at now or for teams of a similar level. I might be being a bit harsh on Barsley but with O'Shea and Wes still in the mix I think he'll be behind them as far as being Gary's deputy goes in Fergie's eyes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as Mamam goes (and indeed Dong), that's entirely down to the Antwerp researcher. I'll get to rate Dong (arf) in the summer, at the moment he's not even in my file.

Suspect you're right about departures, for exactly the reasons you state. Eagles needs to move for his own sake, same with Eckersley really, suspect loaning them is purely to try and attract a bid from someone rather than having to release them or wait until their contract runs down. Howard will stay with Everton I reckon, and if he does alright I can see Bardsley staying at Villa. As you say, Wes + O'Shea + Danny Simpson means the right-back position is well covered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

haha, just seen this from the Mirror:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MANCHESTER City legend Mike Summerbee has come up with a novel way of stopping Manchester United next weekend.

City must score to avoid going down in history as the team with fewest top-flight goals at home in a season and Summerbee says locking United in their dressing-room until kick-off might help. He explained: "I don't think we should allow visiting teams to warm up on the pitch. Keep them in the dressingroom until just before kick-off.

Even some of the best players would bottle it having to run out in front of 40-odd thousand." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's serious isn't he? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know about serious, maybe Delusional though, when did City last get 40-odd thousand at Eastlands?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived