The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Redcafe icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it all becomes clear...

I'd be happy if we got one of those players. Or even half of one [insert Franck Ribery joke in here]

icon_frown.gif

But given the likelihood of Ruud forgiving Fergie and being fully committed to him being rather slim, and the need for a midfielder still pressing, I'd consider it.

Still not as mad on Hargreaves as everyone else though as I've hardly seen him play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Either Wes must have REALLY p*ssed Sven off somehow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have dreamt saying everything about why Wes was out of favour with Sven before the World Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On a previous England trip he was up most of the night causing an almighty racket which annoyed Sven.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KevinLFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

5 years, 1 premiership winners medal, 1 fa cup winners medal. not exactly great icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont forget the mighty league cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which trophies made up your 'wonderful' treble in 2001 Kev? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

living off 99 :*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

RYDOG laying down the law.

wb to civilization sire. oh wait, you live in Edgeley xsmug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as if you know what edgeley is like you dirty yank scum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what it's like, Jordan is half right icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I <3 where i live

OH MANCHESTER

IS WONDERFULL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But what about Stockport?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Am I the only one who isn't exactly hyped about Hargreaves. Don't get me wrong, I never thought he was useless either but this hype does seem to be built, for most, on one decent game against Portugal.

He has a great amount of energy but his passing is average. I wouldn't mind him for the right price but shelling out anymore than £15 million would disappoint me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Haha, the 4-5 years of consistantly playing well for Bayern counts for nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

I still need to know where the meet is on Sunday.

What time ? Who do I pay for the ticket, etc ?

Otherwise I won't be there icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here.

I'll be there at 11am so someone will be around icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool.

Plenty of parking nearby, I see. That's good.

This wall. Is it a pub, or just a wall ? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

He was limping but played on so I assumed it wasnt that bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would YOU take him out of our defence leaving Silvestre and O'Shea un-attended while Watford are raining balls into our box? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes of he's broken his Toe ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

it's the best when good old fergie is crying after the games, anyway enjoy your misery icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Misery?

So who is going to win the league for the next ten years then?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh ffs, Ronaldo has flown back to Portugal tonight, his mum is really ill.

Poor sod, I really really feel for him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would explain all the praying before ko.

Hope she gets better soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Plus your tits aren't quite big enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So basically it's Jordan or Keyser? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too male applies there too icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Would depend on a number of things for me, are we talking a fit Ruud who hadn't been dropped for the cup final, or the destroyed Ruud that we saw at the end of last year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

such a drama queen. icon14.gif

(Mika, not Ruud).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

A bit of a surprise that Ben Thatcher didn't wu tang Ronaldo in the Manchester derby the other week. What is the minimum amount of points, people will be satisfied with away at Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 in total would do me. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hasten to add that I believe we'll get 6, but that's not what you asked.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit I don't have the self-confidence to be standing up and chanting if nobody else is, it's not me. If some people are though I tend to join in, and generally loosen up during the match, always louder in the second half.

From Sky Sports.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie fancies a bit of Salami

Manchester United have joined the chase for highly-rated Nigerian starlet Adigun Salami.

The 18-year-old FC Midtjylland midfielder was invited for a trial at Chelsea in November and Premiership rivals United have now shown an interest in securing his signature.

The two English giants famously indulged in a protracted and bitter transfer wrangle over John Obi Mikel, another Nigerian starlet plying his trade in Scandinavia, and could find themselves in direct competition for the latest teenage talent to catch the eye.

However, the Danish club have refused to allow Salami to undergo a trial period at Old Trafford for fear of compromising his market value.

"The club believe it would hurt Salami's value to send him on trial, but I believe the opposite," agent Daryll Powell told BT.

"It will boost his price if both Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in the same player."

The club are keen on keeping hold of Salami for as long as possible after losing star midfielder Mikkel Thygesen, although United could still make a move for the youngster.

"Alex Ferguson is welcome to table an offer for Salami, but we feel it would be best for his development to stay with us for some time," said FCM director Jens Oergaard.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly the greatest news headline ever icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i think Liverpool will finish within three points of us. we'll probably jammy a win in one of the tricky away games to just keep our noses in front of them.

Chelsea to win it by six or so anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea are a mess, you lot will beat them down at Stamford Bridge. They have problems all over the pitch - never seen them play so poorly as they did yesterday. On their form they are in no way capable of winning 10 or so of their last 14 games.

Being really serious here - I think you lot will take the title by about 5 points from either us or Arsenal. Chelsea will fall away when teams realise they need to have a go at them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

AC Milan 1-2 Man United

Inzaghi '24 Rooney '44

Scholes '74

</pre>

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

yep, those glazers sure are killing united. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh come on now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on then, what weak glazier beef is it this week?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

£4m is a steal. I'd have gone as high as £6m for them to take him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived