The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyway onto non ****ish related ronaldo shenanigans.

would expect there would be some demand for hargreaves services now, plus it looks like ze roberto is leaving bayern on a free and so they may not be too keen to get rid. hopefully england being out will see us either sort out the carrick deal or turn our attentions to someone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i know you would be devestated really dave, think of the lack of bbb in your thread bantering it up :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he'd still be in there, pretending making the playoffs in the 1st division > a cl final.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Does this cancel out any chance of a roundup again, in the same way that the Ronaldo nonsense did for 1-50? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elmonzo hasn't popped up demanding one yet, so we've no need to worry.

I was only 9 at the time icon_biggrin.gif Ask Mark.

From what I know, it was the club that forced the issue. He didn't ask to go or anthing. They bid. We accepted.

I know there were some problems because the deal was confirmed a good time before he actually left, and it impacted his form (and the excellent start we'd made to that season.)

Sparky was blameless AFAIK.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Albion target swoop for Steele

Aug 10 2006

LUKE Steele is set for a shock move to Albion after his Coventry loan spell was cut short by Manchester United, as the Baggies check out two international strikers.

The goalkeeper will be used as a makeweight in the Tomasz Kuszczak move, which should be completed in the next 24 hours.

Steele joined Coventry on a season-long loan deal last Friday and was on the bench for their victory against Sunderland on Sunday.

But he was not included in Coventry's squad at Southampton last night with United pulling the plug on his loan spell in readiness for a move to The Hawthorns.

United centre-back Paul McShane, who spent last season on loan to Brighton, is also expected to join Steele at B71. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So because Bayern have said he'll stay that's what will happen?

"Andriy Shevchenko is incredible," Galliani told the AC Milan website.

"We've been asked to name our price but answered he was beyond any price and out of the market. He has four years to run on his contract - he'll stay."

"I am fed up with Sir Alex Ferguson trying to disrupt my club and constantly try to unsettle my players," said al Fayed.

"I have a clear message to Sir Alex and anyone else who is interested: 'Read my lips, Saha is not for sale'."

"I tell you the same thing - he's not for sale and that's the end of it."

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

ok then. I assume the same is true of foobR, or was his a standard 3 monther? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Olipepper ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meanie icon15.gif

Yeah nobody gets on the Eccles trams eve nthough the people tell them they can get to OT that way too icon_biggrin.gif

You can see OT fro mthe stop when yo uget off anyway. Jsut follow the crowds.

Eccles tram makes it quicker to get to the ticket office too.

Ignore the ******** about getting there 90 minutes before. It's like the crap they put on tickets about being in your seat 2 days before kickoff.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

they are. i think. aren't they? icon_frown.gif

i thought you'd got rid of it anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah they're not.

i did get rid, but they rung me offering three months free and all sorts of other goodies so i relented... icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

It was indeed icon14.gif

MUFC > Robbie Williams > Vermin icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im sorry but how in hell did Bolton get on that list, them along with Blackburn & Boro are the worst fans i've seen.

And I would reluctantly let Wes go to Bayern if it meant getting Hargreaves, As much as I like Wes Hargreaves would be the difference in us winning the title & coming in second place tbh.

FC \o/ icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

O'Shea ahead of Fletcher is annoying, as is Silv ahead of Neville :/ apart from that it's not too bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neville's injured.

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to the last page, I have had the same seat since 2001 (before that was in family stand).

1 2 3 4 5

_____

| | 6 7

1-Season ticket holder , although seen LOADS of different people sit there this season.

2-Crazy old woman from down south somewhere.

3-My uncle (Mart this saturday icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif), one of the three people )inc. me )who sings around us.

4-ME

5-A bloke from manchester somewhere, around mid-late twenties, usually have a bit of a natter, usually pipes up with songs when everyone else joins in.

6 & 7 both daytrippers.

Being in North Stand tier 2 sucks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

best left back in the country

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would be incredibly hard to argue against him getting the left-back slot in the Prem team of the season unless his form really falls away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

what a result (in the end) \o/

Scholes is just so legendary :*)

brilliant that there's all this talk about the atmosphere, and I came out of the ground thinking it was pretty average, that's what South Stand does.. /o\

literally 95% of the game, from my position, the away fans were louder than our lot.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

they'll all be swipe cards as of next season.

no direct debit for cup games just credit and debit cards.

you screw up one payment they send a letter, you screw up 2 they have the right to take your ST from you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

best get your bank card sorted then hadn't you as i aint paying for yours next season as i in theory can drop out of the auto cup scheme as it was never compulsory for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can't mate, EVERY ST holder has to be in it next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived