The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local reports here in Barnsley are linking Rossi with a season long deal with the club, He nearly signed on loan last season but Ferguson blocked the move as he wanted him with the squad but Andi Ritchie has confirmed contact..What do ya reckon guys?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

I said it in the euros and I'll say it again now. lampard and gerrard will always be **** together in the middle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true. Superb alone, but s*** together

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He has blantantly acted on pure selfishness against memeber of his own football club who pay his wages. He did it to Rooney and he did it to Gary Neville. If he thinks that all is going to be forgot and forgiven when the season comes, then he is still very immature and that is just something that we don't want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ryno SO thick icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I've got you banned once before and I'll happily do it again if you like. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never been banned, but nice try son. next step is the vertical slash along the vein.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

The thing is, should we really be spamming Keyser's mailbox? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ba dum tish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

“If you look at us signing Eric Cantona for £1 million — and I think this is probably the best way to do it — and how much you’re seeing centre forwards like Shev chenko going for, you have to ask yourself this: is Shevchenko 35 times better than Cantona?â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Btw, this supposed transfer request before the cup final last year - we have no more than Fergie's word on that as far as I know? I suppose it'd be completely out of character for Fergie to try to discredit Ruud in the eyes of the fans....

Forgive me if I'm not entirely inclined to take everything our beloved manager says to the press as gospel these days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick, there were plenty of rumours at the time and even comments from Linse that hinted at the situation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

john van lampard icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

why do all these clowns take the names of chelsea players, first joe cole and now this chump </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget that Terry Cheung character </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

terry cheung is decent though. plus john terry is a united fan icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I'll do the ones I know to save everyone having to quote this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Right, last call for our fantasy football league thingy:

Register here, pick your team, join the United Fred league with the code 61635-85153 and get beaten by me. Not physically.

Already in are:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Team Manager

Wimples Dimples J C</pre>

For those of you not obviously identifiable by real name, might be handy to have usernames to see exactly who is trailing behind me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Scatter said he'd entered but I'm not sure which of the missing people he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wimples Dimples is me icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We basically had a kamikaze moment in the first half, Evra fell over, gave ball away, Rio tried to clear, awful, right at O'Shea, came to Silv, awful clearance to the edge of the area. Then nearly gave a pen away icon_biggrin.gif

But obviosly people ignored Evra and Rio's cockups because they aren't as popular scapegoats icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus Silvestre is clearly sh*tter than both of them icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Who's been counting the MOM votes? who won for the first two matches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got them on in Word, not sure if Nick wants it announced or not so will keep it quiet for now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Mika, break free. You don't have to be dictated to like that. You are your own man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ambrosesimon:

Hello

Has anyone experienced problems signing up to One United this year? I signed up about 2 weeks ago and have received nothing from them but an automated email confirmation, which gave me my membership number. The official site, however, tells me this number and my email address are invalid.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had any probs? (I've emailed them a couple of times, but had no response)

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what I've experienced so far with the ticket/membership people they're all over the place

2 of the 3 membership packs I applied for have been sent. one still waiting on.

And I STILL havent heard if I got tickets for Spurs ://

Normally would have heard about 2 weeks agoi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any of you lot would be equally smug if you were dire at football but were being paid five figures sums every week regardless and attracting fine specimens like that as a consequence, FACTO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick, you and me would be smug just getting 5p a week at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Just come back from a nice shopping trip where I purchased the new away top for £31.50. icon14.gif

Saha, if you see this before tomorrow morning UK time, let me know if you want me to get you one because it works out at approx $75 and you can pay me back for it. I can get home or away at this price and it is thoroughly genuine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've no idea if I'm even in time or not, but I'm sorted for kits this year already icon14.gif

Thanks anyway though mate.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also did they pay money to go & watch Muse? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the usual procedure. You Pay money in exchange for goods or services, in this case they obtained tickets for a concert with music for a couple of crisp bank notes.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

When you say 'snubbed' Mart, do you mean you just didn't go up to him or was he screaming "GET YOUR RICHARDSON AUTOGRAPHS HERE" at you whilst you nonchalantly pretended to be deaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically everyone lines up around these barriers and the players that can be arsed go along the line signing whatever's thrust in their faces. we just didn't hold anything out to be signed when he came around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly how I hoped it had happened- a sea of pens, programmes and acclaim from the fans as Vidic passes, only for Richardson to step forward and the hands are all withdrawn. Superb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

nah it's late and I've already annoyed my housemate with Saturday antics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CRIPPLEFIIIIIIIIIIGHT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

******* on gq

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I refuse to take the word of a website promoting both the son of God and internet smilies at the same time.

It's daft anyway, I laugh on both sides of my face because I've never been in a farming accident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look, it's an expression. stop being weird just because liverpool have arrived to steal your title.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldinho set for Old Trafford

The prospect of seeing David Beckham, Ronaldinho and Steven Gerrard take on the likes of Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs is the stuff of fantasy football.

But the Jubliee Charity Match at Old Trafford on 13 March, which celebrates 50 years of Manchester United in European competition, will witness exactly that after Barcelona confirmed that four of their players will join the ranks of Marcello Lippi’s all-star Europe XI squad.

Ronaldinho, two-time FIFA World Player of the Year, is joined by his defensive team-mates Carles Puyol and Lilian Thuram, and midfielder Gianluca Zambrotta.

Europe XI: The squad so far

David Beckham (Real Madrid)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Jamie Carragher (Liverpool)

Eric Abidal (Olympique Lyonnais)

Gregory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais)

Juninho (Olympique Lyonnais)

Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

Carles Puyol (Barcelona) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fredthered:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

ahaha utterly convinced we had this lost regardless of the domination. sounds like we should be about 5 up with the comedy misses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we would have lost this game last season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

Yeah I liked giving both Heinze and Carrick 4s and Fletcher a 5. They have some random ratings sometimes, think it was Arsenal at home last year when they gave Vidic a 4 despite pretty much everyone else having him as a MOM contender. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha I remember that - got the Times that day and Vidic who probably was MoM given 4 fb icon_biggrin.gif

Did they really give Fletcher 5 for yesterday? icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived