The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

ffs carter it was accidental, he didn't do it deliberately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm really not sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A fee in the region of £30 million has been mentioned, but new Real president Ramon Calderon insists there is no chance of the shot-stopper leaving the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfffffffffft... we couldn't afford to pay 30m lira right now ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

do you not think we should be getting rid of a defender to free up transfer funds and wages, then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes. especially kidney-shaped-head useless ones who's contract expires at the end of this coming season.

oh, and vieira can get tae feck. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gotta lay off those drugs. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Ruuuuuuuuuud Van Nistelrooooy Van Nistelrooooy Van Nistelroooooooooooy

:*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

and rossi's not yet as good as some people make out but he looks like he could be which is good enough for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs, right there

• 3 weeks later...

could do with Huntelaar as a replacement to RVN after his demolition of the Irish team last night. Van de Vaart would not be bad either. oh and Saha was apparently quite good for France last night, according to what i've read this morning in the online french press

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Vaneeestlenose is simply genius </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its better than Trevorgay? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, I actually like Trevorgay tbf. icon_frown.gif

To me I just don't understand the likes of Bardsley and Rossi going on loan. Both could have easily staked thier claim this season for a regular place.

Then when you have to sit and wath the likes of West Ham buying Tevez and Masch and you start to think well if they can afford them why aren't we looking in that direction.

I want to be optimistic especially given how the start of the season has gone but I just don't know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

Clichy has never really proved himself. He's showed signs of promise but to say he's better than Riise based on the potential he's shown is foolish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. Riise's a decent enough left midfielder, would be a handy left back but Clichy's already shown enough for me that I'd rather him in our squad any day of the week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gallas is undoubtedly a great defeneder, and a good signing, but he's not a LB, no matter how much he can adjust to the role. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irrelevant, we're not talking about natural positions, we're talking about each team's strength in depth in particular positions, and Gallas is amongst the best in the league at leftback regardless of it not being his best or preferred position. He's got to be in contention to play there until Clichy is fit with Arsenal having Toure/Djourou/Senderos soonish in the middle and only Hoyte/Flamini on the left, and as such I'm counting him, and as such Arsenal are better.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Yeah they did in terms of clear cut chances but I always thought that eventually the pressure was going to show.

Fergie stressing how tired we were and using that as a reason atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More tired than Arsenal, who were in Germany midweek? Maybe he should admit he was tactically found out once again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanman007:

Just came across what must be one of the greatest combinations known to man. Gorgeous supermodel Alessandro Ambrosio and a Manchester United scarf...

Linkage </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hubba hubba!!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Nev going close. Sounds like an even better performance than against Bolton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being at home to Pompey is an easier game than away to one of the best home teams in the league though tbf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Chelsea won't be selling Richards next summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't bother signing him in the first place. Dean Richards has been over the hill for years.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

yeah the silence was observed, shame the scouse cuuunts couldn't have done the same </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc it was the Blue mancs? We observe minute silences impeccably, we have enough practice at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blue Mancs with scouse accents then it seems

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

at birmingham you have to go through a fenced off car park area to get to the turnstiles. It's a secure car-park too so all the coaches go there. Boyle was walking around 30/40 minutes before kick-off handing out leaflets about the boycott in front of the police with no problems.

Then when he went inside and did the same thing in front of the actual kiosks they suddenly arrested him for breach of the peace or some other ********. Was let off without charge a few hours after the game IIRC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Bit harsh on Cathcart really, gets taken out of the FA Youth Cup Final because of the injury crisis and has a chance to come on at home against Sheffield United - which, really, should be one of the 'easier' games to make your debut in - and gets shunted for Kieran Richardson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>summer move to Madrid for the shattered young man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Richardson? I agree!

I do believe that people are picking too much on Richardson this time around. Yes his performance was bad but apart from 2 or 3 situations where he almost double crossed Gabby (and could have resulted in a goal) he wasn't as bad as usual.

For his level of performance i consider todays game as being "weak" only icon_biggrin.gif

Come to think of it right now, Gabby sure had alot to do tonight. Not only had he to adapt quickly to the CB (and stop with the diving son, that don't work in the centre sadly) and with Brown as his partner but tonight he basically had to do both CB and left back because he had to cover for Richardson time and time again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to think fergie would allow two of the senior defenders to go to allow Evans and Pique to make the step up, if silv and gabby to go then we are left with:

gaz, wes, rio, sheasy, vida, evra as senior experienced players and evans and pique as fill ins.

Quite like the look of that tbf.

an xi next season of: big ben, pique, evans, vida, evra, carrick, fletcher, ronaldo, rooney, nani, anderson with an average age of about 13 would be qg icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

We should keep Rossi at United and play him, if we don't we risk losing him to an Italian team. Why we would be interested in Anelka when we already have Rossi (especially with the "Smith Leaving" rumours) is beyond me. Plus it's unlikely to have any more money spent on the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely the 'Smith Leaving' rumour adds to our need for another striker?

Anelka and Rossi vastly different players. As I keep saying Anelka and Saha basically very very similar, and it's just a judgement call as to whether a twattish attitude is worse than a body made of glass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the fact Anelka is a far superior player? Hope you keep Smith though.

Archived