The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

How much cash have we even got to spend?

And if were aparently spending £14m on Carrick....how the hell are we going to get any others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Selling Ruud :/

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

balague confirming the link is real and their is 'firm contact' between ronaldo and real. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Balague also said the Torres deal is agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

apparently the Ruud deal is €14m, so less than £10m.

ouchies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Approx £9.59 million.

Where did you get that figure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the fantabulous Marca, but I expect it'll be reported elsewhere as some French dude told me. Either way, won't be much either side of that.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

Although gonch you can take comfort in this:

Alonso >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meh. we'll see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I'd say the gist isn't far off but there's some pretty ludicrous exaggeration in there, to the point that it looks an awful lot like a glleful opportunity to attack Fergie seized. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats pretty much my feelings on the article. It seems like a bitter attack on Fergie more than anything.

Many of the comments are unfair or exaggeated, claiming that we're mainly relying on players like Richardson and Fletcher is way off the mark for example.

Yes we've lost direction, yes a lot of it is down to Fergie but that attack is very unjustified. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes we've lost direction, all of it is down to Fergie and frankly he needs more people attacking him so that it might get through to him to make the requisite changes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> originally posted by coldberg:

£2.3 mill for Pallister

£2.7 mill for Keane

Those were the days

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they were both british record transfers though. the equivalent of us spending £30m ish now!! kind of.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I was utterly enraged at the easeh chanting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, I recorded some to moan about later, I shall upload.

Bayern:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Manchester United have stopped their activities," he added. "I have been in touch with my colleague David Gill and they stick to what we have agreed to. That is correct and serious." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'd cum everywhere seeing Tevez and Rooney play up front for us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yas, me too.

not a group **** though, bit gay

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

icon_biggrin.gif yeah after your threat about if I didn't turn up what was going to happen so brought a bit of protection incase any "Big boy **** went down".

Nah was my housemate from uni , usually go with my uncle but he's on holiday. Just finished peppering him on Pro Evo actually with my United side minus Mr O'shea icon_cool.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

bah.

if only we could hear his real thoughts over the top of what he was speaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Blah blah can't afford to drop any points blah blah... hmmm, I really should use up that mince for dinner tonight before it goes off... blah blah best squad we've ever had blah" etc etc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nucampe:

This kind of thing happen often? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did have Djemba x2 back on the roster the other day if I remember correctly..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

WHERE WERE YOU LOT WHEN O'SHEA WAS ****, EH? icon_mad.gif

(I am of course aware that he's still ****). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want a detailed list of my movements for the last 4 years?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red&white army:

Can't see Pique and Rossi making it at Utd tbh. Pique is behind Rio, Vidic, Brown, maybe Silvestre (who I reckon will stay) and Evans. Rossi couldn't get a game at Newcastle even when they only had Sibierski available upfront.

btw, I thought Smith played very well last nite. I really hope he gets back to his best and stays, as we won't be able to afford a big name striker as well as Hargreaves (who has to still be our no.1 priority this summer) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a) Pique is younger than those players and Silvestre needs to be shipped out. he has plenty of time to show himself to be good enough if he's prepared to.

b) Rossi didnt get a game for Newcastle? Nothing to do with their Manager being a clueless unqualified moron?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Christ, those 4 aways in a row are going to be a total killer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sheer weight of the manic fixture list over the next month-to-5/6 weeks is so major in every way its hard to comprehend how any team could possibly manage it. Not one game has a measure of ease or respite about it.

I only hope that we don't do any version of a nervy grind out performance against Sheff Utd & Boro. Anything less than comfortable and secure "we're going to be champions so screw you Chelsea" performances - nice 2/3 nil jobs - in those games sends the sort of uneasy signal that we do not want out there.

Agree that the Everton fixture in particular is crucial btw.

Back to Europe for a moment since I have a question or two:

First, did any of the bookings that we received last night result in a suspension for the first CL game against Milan?

Second, has it been cleared up as to whether Scholesy will return with one booking still to his name after being sent off in the 1st leg of the quarter-final against Rome?

Cheers icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived