The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

well it probably wouldnt be as an effective attacking partnership as having say scholes in there. but carrick offers the long range passing ability to start attacks else where i.e. probably down the wings. plus rooney plays in almost a scholes type role as he drops deep and starts from there so it shouldnt matter so much.

so it would probably be more of a 4-2-3-1

with (hopefully but probably not) ruud being the 1, and then the 3 being (L-R) giggs, rooney, ronaldo.

although rooney probably wouldnt be as deep as the others.

i just hope we dont buy ribery (yet) as hes looked a bit crap this WC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shonte:

Have you guys seen this quote from AF today?

"If I was to start the season with the players I have now, all fully fit, I would not be disappointed." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you expect him to say?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> When asked about his failure to sign a single player so far this summer, Sir Alex Ferguson today responded with a very negative assessment of his current squad. "Obviously, the players we have at the club at the moment aren't up to the job." he replied. He continued "Quite frankly, if we don't get anyone in before the deadline, we'll be lucky to make the UEFA cup this year" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i suppose the one thing you cant deny about fergie is that, over the years, he's a very good judge of when a player's performance level drops enough for it to be a concern. i still think he does it with the good of the club in mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Just got my season ticket and spent about 20 minutes counting the vouchers in there, wondering why there were only 19 for a 20-team league. Oh dear oh dear oh dear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'd have been ****ed in the old days when it was just numbers, but they didn't use 13.

Ali, I was literally bouncing around work, then I get told it's from a magazine but then it turns out he wants to leave.

Mon Hargreaves

I <3 ebay, got the new shirt with Solskjaer 20 on the back for 30 notes

ebay>>>>*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yesterday, don't get me wrong, I hate the scousers but yesterday it seemed 90% of songs were about the scousers, the Gerrard song, why? It's embarrasing, do the scouse sing non stop about us?

We had a fecking great game yesterday, we've got songs for every player but now it's all about the scousers.

The week before a us/scouse game is fine but not the first game of the season when we're playing some bloody great football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not as bad as easeh chanting twats

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Tevez + Rooney teaming up would open up some sort of 11th dimension tbh

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much be the only way to accomodate them both tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

it's irrelevant hoping for Richardson to have a good game because everyone knows he never has one. ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not true tbh, he does alright and hes only young. and tbf he has to compete with giggs, park and ronaldo for his AML role at united while at england he has to compete with cole and downing so its hard for him to get his chance.

fletcher is a icon_cool.gif man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Did any of you lot see the bloke get head butted in the Strettie during the 2nd half?

Also the SoW campaign starts here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did the guy get head butted?

I think martin with his so called connections can start by posting a letter for the SoW.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We'll manage, but we're thinner at centre-back now, and I still prefer Silvestre at LB to Evra, despite his good start to the season.

Basically Heinze becomes 4th choice at centre-back now and I don't see him being as good there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While he's not as good a CB as LB, i'd still much rather a back 4 with him at CB and Evra LB, as one with Silvestre at CB and Heinze at LB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naturally, I wouldn't icon_cool.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

west ham icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just justified me wanting us to lose in Copenhagen icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually thought Silvestre was better than O'Shea overall vs Wigan :/ though the penalty incident was classic Micky to have his 'at least one costly f**k up' quota filled

Kieran was worse than both of them though by a mile. Just don't be in the team tomorrow. Just. Don't.

Oh, I forgot about the Carrick/O'Shea sub. Was basically thinking 'bloody hell, that's probably the most useless tactical decision in the history of the game and for some reason we continue to... ole! well, that's swell.'

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Hypothetical question time, would it have made any difference had Hargreaves played for us today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not much, thought the midfield was sitting FAR too deep as it was and the centre backs were at fault for their goals anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it would definitely be awful.

shuddering at the thought.

just IMAGINE a United/Liverpool final though.... I'm honestly not sure my heart could take the full 90 minutes.

ffs I was even suffering chest pains watching us vs Reading the other week icon_biggrin.gif ..which may have been linked to why I was ranting so much after that game...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

But wasn't that an indirect free kick btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's what I thought as well, but there weren't any protests and there isn't much point to award indirect freekick from that range, like anyone's gonna shoot icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think it's somehow down to the ref's opinion as to whether someone will shoot or not as to whether it's an indirect free kick? It either is or it isn't depending on the offence, which end of the pitch it happens is immaterial.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Shreeves got torn apart by Fergie icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ALEX FERGUSON launched a foul-mouthed attack on a TV reporter in a bust-up over Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United’s boss called Sky’s Geoff Shreeves a ‘f*****g bastard’ and told him to ‘f**k off’.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday’s FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot’s off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

Shreeves grilled Ronaldo about his latest ‘cheat’ storm in the tunnel after the quarter-final replay.

Beeb reporter Ivan Gaskell then tried to record Southgate’s verdict on the defeat for Match of the Day, only to have his work wind up on the cutting-room floor thanks to Ferguson.

Here is the full transcript of the blast at Shreeves from Fergie’s renowned ‘Hairdryer’.

SHREEVES: “I asked him . . . â€

FERGUSON: “F*****g (inaudible) bastard.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off to you.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.â€

F: “Don’t you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?â€

S: “Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?â€

F: “You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.â€

S: “I’m entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer.â€

F: “F*****g hell with your answers.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off.†(door slams).

Gaskell to Southgate: “I’m going to have to ask that question again, if that’s all right.â€

Ferguson later announced he was ‘disgusted’ at Shreeves’ ‘disgraceful’ TV interview with Ronaldo.

He said of Monday’s spot-kick and Boro’s anger: “It was a clear penalty. It’s a shame. They are putting a stigma against the boy that he doesn’t deserve.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the source of this article? I.e. gimme the god damn link icon_mad.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Am I the only one not buying into this "Richardson has been decent over the last few games" thing? He hasn't done anything to warrant it. He has maybe given the ball away a bit less but that's about it. Eagles has done more in his few minutes on the pitch than him.

He should be sold (and many thought he was a cert a few weeks ago) but he won't be. He'll still be here next season. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not alone mate. Richardson is respnsible for Maddie being abducted and apart from this is definitely deserving of aids/cancer and or both.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lads, season over, moping after saturday mostly over, time for our annual awards SPECTACULAR

you all (mostly) know the drill - categories are below, please try and vote in all categories and by all means give reasons. once you've deliberated, cogitated, masticated etc, email your votes to unitedawards2007@gmail.com, making sure your OTF username is present in the email somewhere, preferably in the subject line. voting will be provisionally open until the weekend, but if we can get everyone's votes in sooner then all the better.

United Thread Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Reserve Player of the Year:

Worst Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Most Disappointing Player:

Best Team Performance:

Best Individual Performance:

Worst Team Performance:

Favourite Moment:

Worst Moment:

Biggest Disappointment:

Funniest Moment:

Goal of the Season:

Favourite Game:

Best Decision:

Worst Decision:

Best Chant/Song:

Best Away Fans:

Worst Away Fans:

Best Away Trip:

3 Players to Sign:

3 Players to Go:

Most Looking Forward to Next Year:

United Thread User of the Year:

United Thread Worst User:

United Thread Most Improved User:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

few clarifications:

* young player is for those aged 21 and under (for the first time in years it won't be ronaldo vs rooney) and is for players who have been at the club this season (i.e. no loanees, sorry Taz).

* worst player is for the outright worst player, whereas most disappointing player is for the player who has fallen below his usual standards.

* worst moment is for an individual moment in time that was particularly awful (a late goal conceded etc), biggest disappointment is more general.

* best/worst decision can be interpreted as you wish - a managerial decision, a club decision, a refereeing decision etc

* 3 players to sign = the three players you'd most like us to bring in. realism is desirable. 3 players to go is obviously the three you want to see shipped out.

right, that's it. go vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on you twats, vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll do it tonight

Archived