The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

hero? brave choice of words, that. he's a greasy nonce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeh, but he is our greasy nonce rich :*).

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

A mate of mine at work was right next to it, some kids celebrated when FC scored and did the easeh chant and then got layed into by some FCUM "fans" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah right, cheers mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has reviewed his current striker situation, and has revealed that he plans to play Alan Smith as a forward when the ex-Leeds man returns from injury.

Smith suffered from a horrific leg break in The Red Devils' FA Cup tie with Liverpool last season, but Ferguson is now planning the 25-year-old's role in his side for when he makes his recovery.

Smith, a striker in his time at Leeds, made a controversial £7 million switch across the Pennines in 2004 and originally started his Old Trafford career in attack.

The England international was pressed into a midfield role to try to compensate for the loss of Roy Keane, but he could now revert to a striker again.

"We are going to convert Alan Smith back into being a forward," said the Scotsman.

"He will be back in training soon and should be available by the end of August or the beginning of September."

The tenacious Yorkshireman has already demonstrated his skills in front of goal for United, having scored four times in his first five appearances for the club.

Ferguson had been expected to make a move for a new striker in the current transfer window, but is now seemingly looking to juggle his current options, rather than splash out on a new signing.

"We have Louis Saha and Wayne Rooney and we are considering keeping Giuseppe Rossi with us, even though I would prefer him to go out on loan for six months," he continued.

Despite Ferguson's striking situation being aided by the return to fitness of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, his side have been linked with a number of big names this summer, including Tottenham's Jermain Defoe, Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres and David Trezeguet of Italian side Juventus.

His side are likely to be without Ruud van Nistelrooy next season, who is the subject of a rejected bid from Spanish giants Real Madrid, and his imminent departure has prompted many a link with some of Europe's biggest names. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ That was the article I was referring to earlier I think. Its from skysports. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all that article says to me is 'we have no money, my hands are tied'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nyte`:

what drug was Senna found to have taken?

ps. didn't know he was Assuncao's cousin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Betametosona and Metilprednisolona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in english, for those of us who aren't chemists?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Hargreaves isnt totally unrealistic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id think he was pretty unrealistic.

bayern have lost ballack and i cant find what happened with the ze roberto situation but i know he was looking to leave too. hargreaves is more important to them than ever and has a long contract so will more than likley be pricing him out of our league. unless the £25m warchest thing wasnt total bunk of course.

you need to understand, i dont like barton anymore then you do. but i am honest enough to

admit that he is the kind of player we need, yes he has issues but he has drive and he is agood player and i think he can develop and yes he reminds me of Roy keane and i think he is agood player and i dont care what you say .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Yeah, he's watched him twice in the last two games, nice to see icon14.gif

Was Tony Coton there again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure, just saw fergie chatting to martin o'neill at the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More because United are playing Watford soon than to specifically watch Foster I'd imagine.

at least we know where David Gill's been all day then. Sealing Rossi's move to Newcastle and watching the rest sign for arsenal.

I actually thought Kenyon was the biggest transfer **** up artist in history after letting Ronaldinho end up at Barcelona but if we don't sign someone really good tomorrow I'm gonna ****ing cry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The problem with Rossi was apparent against Fulham, 5-1 and cruising, great time to bring him on, but he had 3 strikers ahead of him and didn't even make the bench.

And that's even before Smith returned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha and Solskjaer won't stay fit for ever, Rooney won't be available for every game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. I still think that it's a good move though, if Rossi goes there and gets goals, he'll come back here a much better player for it, and with more confidence.

I mean lets face it, pre-season here he couldn't hit a barn door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it doesn't help when your opponents have the uber-c**tish chris sutton in their ranks. his unique ability to molest opposition defenders and make it look like he's the one being fouled is always hard to deal with. thankfully nearly every other aspect of his game is dire.

i didn't think we were that bad on set-pieces today anyway, fwiw. there was a dodgy one first half where they hit the post, but we weren't too bad at all. i don't think we've been that bad in that department all season, frankly.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Nick on Steve Bennett's perfromance, fwiw, totally inconsistent and ridiculous decisions on the lead up to both of Arsenals goals.

I'm also close to adding Mika to my ignore list for his ridiculous comments over the last few pages. He might as well not support the club it is that bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Pff - eff all this fancy-dan continental nonsense - why's nobody talking about the BIG news of the day: (From BBC Sport)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dong Fangzhuo has been called into the Manchester United squad for the first time ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ding Dong ftw icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

F365 have the story as well - under the headline "Fergie To Ease In Dong"

Juni's explanation has just made me far more optimistic then any of Scatter's 'BELIEVE' statements and such like ever have icon_biggrin.gif

On a slightly related note, I don't know which would be worse - Liverpool making it 6 times or Chelsea winning the quadruple.

If we want it an F.A Cup final place is surely ours and i hope we put out a team good enough to beat Boro.

Like everyone else says the Champions League really is anyones this season but i dont feel we can win on three fronts with the injuries/squad we have.

Prem going to be a close run thing too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

dire against Fulham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still strongly dispute that, was the match where those there thought he was dire and those watching on TV thought he was MOTM icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye he were gash:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

o

/|\

\|/

|

/ \

</pre>

that was giggsy all game bar the goal which was a shin btw

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So many incredible little things. From the ref taking the **** out of Arteta before the fk he drilled straight at VDS, to Kieran being good again, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

argh, Joey Barton can **** right off. Such a massive ****. I mean I was against Smith signing as I thought he was a toss pot but in comparison he is a little old lady you'd help across the road compared to Barton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I always knew gaga's supreme intelligence and humility would shine through eventually. Never thought it'd come out of a match between two teams he doesn't actually support, mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you live in the UK...? Do you know what the media have wrote pe-match?

No didn't think so...

So shut the fcuk up! Thank you! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

and the paper plates / forks. Who is bringing them eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm sure some can be aquired from a supermarket prior to your arrival

paper plates and plastic folks ftw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We should keep Rossi at United and play him, if we don't we risk losing him to an Italian team. Why we would be interested in Anelka when we already have Rossi (especially with the "Smith Leaving" rumours) is beyond me. Plus it's unlikely to have any more money spent on the team.

Archived