The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

compatible how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its obviously not a offical update so whether it works or not basically

ta for the link anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no point talking technical to Rich, he's about to become a dad. The gene will have already kicked in which means he won't even be able to programme the video now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but he is gonna get a kid to do it for him icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

West Ham?

I'll cry if it's right icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

start crying icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

hahaha you lot didn't REALLY think we'd end up with either?

Jenas later on today by all accounts icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i blame you rich, you had no belief. although on all fronts you were completely right about everything and i hate you for it.

on a plus side, sunderland linked with liam miller in the bbc gossip column today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am ALWAYS right. Even when I'm wrong. When will you lot learn?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

dammit it was gone by the time i went to click it, are you old enough to be a senior? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, the divide between FCUM and MUFC getting bigger and bigger, 2 ***** went onto the pitch with a flag saying "Judas Scum", it's so gutting to see what that mongoloid yank bastard has done to our support. It's actually heartbreaking to see this divide between us and them.

FCUM was made because of Glazer, now we're getting a fella wearing a FCUM hat getting abuse from reds, It's gonna kick off big time soon.

Gutting that it's come this.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

On the performances i've seen so this season i really cannot see what the fuss is with Jones.

He looked utterly clueless and lost the entire game. Should have gone off far sooner than he did.

No disrespect intended here, but, if he can't impose himself on a game when we're playing Southend, then i do not see how he could do it in the Premiership. He looked totally inept whenever he had the ball. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After watching him in the reserves i thought of him as a player who could easily step up and offer us what Fletch or KR does, that said any random could offer what KR does, but after watching yet another shocking performance from the lad against teams that you would expect him to do well against then i just dont see him ever being given the chance to play with the first XI and rightly so.

Maybe the pressure or whatever of playing for Manchester United gets to him but he just doesnt seem to be able to make that step up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

And that's why I hate you with every inch of my soul. That's a lot of inches.

Carrick is doing the defensive side of his work a billion times better than all the "lololwtf he cant tackle at all" ***** thought he would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. our defence looking awesome atm, and carrick has contributed to that with his positional sense, willingness to get stuck in, and an ability to break up play. that and the fact that vidic and ferdinand are both just all sorts of awesome atm.

as for the rovers game... i said before hand i'll take a scrappy 1-0 win, and that's what we got. errr... except it wasn't scrappy, and we should have won by three or four. icon_biggrin.gif

motm: ronnie

2nd: rio

honourable mentions to scholes, vida, paddy and king louis.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

i hope you die mika. preferably by a ruud shot to the groin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a way to go :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

meh whatever, gonna join us for a can on Sunday dude?

Seems ages since the last home game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh Yes, should be there. Atmosphere is going to be superb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If you turn up with a jester hat and an airhorn I will shove it straight up your arse and get Razor Eddie to sodomise you.

Shouldn't be a problem with Bolton/Blackburn either, will let you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif SO tempted to do it now, just to see the look on all of your faces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admit it, you just want the Razor Eddie treatment.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

bomb at anfield >>>>>>>> draw > chelsea win > Liverpool win </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, mon Scouse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika. icon_frown.gif

Thinking it is one thing.

Posting it in a match thread is another.

Posting it in here ?

Same goes for everybody else that did the same. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Going back to the article on Ronaldo/Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo was in attendance at Old Trafford at the weekend having returned from a mini-break in Dubai, which was taken on the instruction of his manager, after the Scottish tactician noticed fatigue in his display against Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can instruct Ronaldo but not Rooney? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fatigue

Rooney never looked fatigued. He simply looked out of confidence. Which a goal could, and has, helped him overcome.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Carrick is scholes.

Few more seasons next to captain ginger and he'll be world class. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably can match him in passing ability and tackling but definitely not in anything else.

I still can't figure out what's wrong with Park's shooting though.

I mean the guy has dribbling skills, defending skills, reads the play extremely well and gets into alot of good situations, can and usually will come up with one or two brilliant passes in the game (pass to Ronaldo for example) and although at times he plays in panic mode he still manages to get out of these situations but he cannot freakin shoot even if his life depended on it.

I don't understand it, is he getting overanxious when he has a chance or does he think "i must score this one and prove my worth, i must score this one so that Fergie doesn't sell me, i mus.... oh damn"

If the guy could shoot he would be the freakin first choice winger alongside Ronaldo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I don't think that's necessarily true. Saha can pick out a man.

Ruud vs Bolton :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. He played more than one good through ball yesterday. There was one in particular, a great little ball between two defenders. can't remember who it was to, possibly Park as it came to nothing?

Not to say there weren't any, but i can't remember a particularly memorable through ball from Ole.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Don't get why we need Gary Neville replacement. iirc Finnan, Richards, Eboue, Diarra, Gerrard and Agbonlahor are ALL better right-backs than him. Anyone we bring in will improve the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said you don't get why we need a replacement. It's obvious why we need one, as he's so rubbish everyone is better there than him, as you then pointed out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, the phrase 'Gary Neville replacement' was, when used in this particular context, suggests we would hope for someone to come in and essentially continue in the same vein as our current #2. It is also implied, given that potential targets being mulled over are all of a relatively young age, that whoever did come in would 'take over' after Gary has retired, perhaps in three or four years' time. I was hoping to highlight his obvious inadequencies and therefore change the overall direction of thinking to short term action, possibly including the actual sale of Gary, as useless as he is.

Secondly, just **** off with your smart arse answers, alright?

• 2 weeks later...

there is rumours flying around about him and fergie falling out after the liverpool game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Evra? :/

i didn't think Gaby was too bad last night fwiw (not much considering how drunk i was) and he's been good the last few games, would be good to get Paddy back though definitely.

pretty chuffed with 1-2 having said at half-time that i'd take 0-1 in a heartbeat. brilliant brilliant counter-attacking goal which i reckon we're going to be incredibly grateful for, great work from Ronnie, perfect cross from Ole and a surprisingly composed finish from Wayne.

i missed the first half hour, i've only seen the two tackles Scholesy was carded for and on that basis alone a red looks pretty harsh, but i'm reliably informed he'd put in a few dodgy tackles before then so can't have any complaints really. i love the little ginger genius but that's two really daft and irresponsible red cards in a month or so now. he's lucky that the team put in such a gutsy performance - both Roma goals had elements of luck about them and while they looked threatening at times, they didn't really create a whole lot when we were down to 10.

anyway, 2-1 down sets up a potentially fantastic game next week. atmosphere should be special, hopefully the lads will be well up for it and we can get the early goal we need to completely change the complexion of the tie. good to see the otf lads get back safe and sound, even the gloating one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

David Jones can play on the left can't he? Worst comes to worst, we can stick Giggs up front and put Jonah on the left.

Oh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'd have only bottled it mate.

• 3 weeks later...

most annoying thing about last night was, whilst being sat in a leather seat on a 747, trying to sleep was a no-no thanks to that arsehole who would NOT stop coughing, not even a real cough either tbf, just this pathetic noise icon_frown.gif

was desperate to stab him in the face with my fork

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Fergie saying Saha did his knee the day before the City game, which he would have played, and wont be available for the final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SSN saying GNev still doubtful as for the final as well icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived