The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Lads, did you lot ever have a shirt that was worn purely for European games and no other, Im sure you did.

A photo and the season would be nice.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we had one in '99, should clearly introduce one again.

Will dig out a picture in a sec. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a luck standpoint or to help the clubs bank balance?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Who knew a reserve we let go nine years ago would so capture the imagination of the thread. icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been working on a movie script about this tbqh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

No Cronaldo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As pointed out earlier on the page, MUTV say Fergie wont consider Saha, Silvestre and Ronaldo for the Fulham game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, I'll read the thread before I post in future. Whats wrong with them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing, all had extra time off because of exploits in the world cup so havent played any pre season games for us and have only been in training for a week so he doesnt think they will be ready in time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they aren't definitely being left out taz. they need games but they'll get them and id expect to see them play particularly if rooney and scholes are banned.

fergie also said he's probably going to leave ronaldo out against oxford on tuesday to 'save him for a home game.' clearly anticipating a hot reception for him and thinking its not worth the hassle for a pre-season game.

heinze, silvestre and saha will also be back for tuesday \o/

*SEETHES*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

tbf, you're all lunatics. noone knows the full situation behind all this.

i'd bet these MSI fellas offered united machareno but the terms were just completely ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs basically. The full story is not and probably wont be known for some time. Funny to see the spazzing out though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely irrelevant. The main anger is being directed at David Gill saying we didn't consider Mascherano to be a player we required. Either he's lying when saying that, and can f**k right off, or he's telling the truth, in which case he can f**k right off and take Fergie with him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

word for word everything nick has said about the whole shambolic affair. no matter what way you look at it, this has been one royal feck up.

there can be no excuses now - we're knocking back world class midfielders. if we don't win things this season, ta ra fergie. no more building a side, no more transition. all or bust.

i've already voiced my opinion in the transfer thread that mascherano >>> makelele. even if you disagree with that, it's very hard to argue against jm being one of the worlds most sought after and highly rated players in his position. the fact gill claims we just knocked him back as opposed to failed in negotiations or some such, but knocked him back cold... *seethes*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

maybe but you know how the fans would act if it sounded like we didn't sign him because we couldn't afford him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate, can't speak for everyone, but for myself, and i imagine plenty of others, it would preferable if they just came out and said that rather than treating us all like fecking imbeciles every ten seconds. i know there'd be backlash by the MUST/MEN paraders, but it'd certainly keep a large section of the fans off of fergie's back if/when things go pear shaped this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So last night…

MOM: Paul Sch…just kidding! icon_biggrin.gif

Really this time:

MOM: Michael Carrick

2ND: Nemanja Vidic

I know people will probably be heralding the “Return of the Roon†because he was involved in some lovely link up play last night but I was honestly more impressed with the two players above. Carrick had his best hour of football for us so far IMO last night before being subbed and Vidic was a rock. Evra was good again as well though I still want better crossing from him.

VDS rarely troubled. O’Shea was solid apart from when he fell over on his arse and somehow managed to get himself a goal (not at the same time mind). Wes was fine but overshadowed by Viddy. Fletch looked off the pace last night and couldn’t get his delivery together really. Didn’t really look ready to be back in the fray but he’ll be back up to snuff soon enough. Scholesy was good again, great strike for the opener and should have had a penalty, but was ever so slightly less influential than he has been recently I thought. Ronaldo showed a couple of flashes but didn’t really get himself into the game & Saha was nowhere all night for me.

The subs didn’t do a whole lot, good to see Smudge get a few mins and just as I was deriding the fact that Richardson had come on for Scholes ahead of DJ given that the game was won he gets typically lucky with a long ranger – but hey, they all count so fair play. If you don’t buy a ticket and all that…

Overall weren’t really tested but some nice football was played at times so a good nights work especially with us clearly being able to give Saha, Carrick and Scholes time off towards the end. One more win and we can enjoy the last two games, but we should really be looking at making a statement, maintaining our form, and pushing for maximum points from this group dependant on the surrounding domestic fixtures.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Scholesy still blind apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saw that in the metro this morning icon_biggrin.gif

Blind, yet still the best player in the Premiership this season icon_biggrin.gif

Though I think he's a superhero, and he passes on his blindness to others (like the Liverpool defenders)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yas, can't wait. Me, Nickogs, James07, Coldberg, Bagpuss are all going.

Fernhurst icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, getting ther eabout 2:30ish, still gotta pick our tickets up from the ticket office.

Comon \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Aston Villa v Manchester United, Saturday 23 December, kick off 3pm

We will receive an allocation of 3600 tickets priced £32 adults and £19 under 16's and over 65's.

Executive Members can apply in the usual manner ensuring your incoming envelope is marked “Aston Villa Away†and is forwarded to the Ticket and Membership Office no later than 5pm on Friday 17 November.

Season Ticket holders who have purchased both Celtic and Copenhagen home cup games from Season 2006/200 are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 20 November through to 5pm on Tuesday 21st November.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fantastic, no chance of a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

injuries to Saha and Ronaldo as well. We cant do with losing them both for the near future. one you can live with but two. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, coz we have an abundance of strikers just sitting around waiting to get a game atm?

repeat for wingers actually. we HAD to win tonight. our squad is too thin to get into a protracted race for the title. the only way we finish as champions is if chelsea fall a few more behind and then drop more points because of the pressure of playing catch up. going to bolton now for example will be a hell of a lot easier than it would if they were already six behind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Why do you care about being in with a shout for Euro aways Nick? It'll only be the UEFA... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not just for Euro aways - you can only apply for domestic aways if you've been to all prior home cup games, so i'd have not been able to apply for all the decent aways we have coming up after christmas.

And besides, the UEFA might throw us up some interesting places to visit. A return to Amsterdam certainly appeals...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Meh id take mourinho asap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really, really wouldn't.

as i said in another thread, i'm not doubting his credentials or ability as a manager in any way shape or form, i just don't think we'd be right for him or him for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Giggs is ****ing ****. How the **** he gets away with I do not know. I wouldn't mind if it was every now & again but it isn't. For the second half of the stadium he had been consistently poor & yet people only pick up on the odd good game he has (Roma home etc).

I thought Vidic was amazing against Drogba & Rooney ran & ran. Scholes can only play so many defence splitting passes & you would have thought we could have converted one of them.

For some reason I am not even remotely gutted. Maybe it's cos it was such a **** game.

Glad I didn't go all that way & pay all that money now icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Premiership - Manchester United eye Ustari

Premiership - Young Argentina keeper Oscar Ustari is not joining Villarreal and is interesting Manchester United, according to his club Independiente.

FOOTBALL Ustari - 0

The 21-year-old shot-stopper - who was an unused squad member at the 2006 World Cup - had been reported to have signed a contract with Villarreal in a 6 million euro deal.

But no such transfer has taken place, according to Independiente's president, and if there is any chance of him leaving the club it would only be for a giant such as United.

"I have heard in the radio what has been said about that Manchester United is interested in our goalkeeper but I haven't received any offer yet," Julio Comparada said. "Maybe someone has got in touch with the player.

"We aren't trying to sell him because we aren't currently in a hurry financially. Anyway, if there is a proposal that is very interesting for the player and the club then we will analise it," he added.

Reports in Spain had claimed that Ustari had signed a deal with Villarreal, but Comparada denies that there has even been contact from the club. But they would be open to the right offer - from the right club.

"We know that there are many European teams interested in our keeper but until we don't receive an official offer we can't say anything," he continued. "And if there is an offer we will see if we will accept it and if the team interested wants to pay what we want for the player.

"I think that the only way that we would sell Ustari is if it's real that Manchester United wants him because I am sure that any player would like to play there.

"If it's for our benefit, we're not in any hurry, the club is okay and we are well within our budget for building our new stadium, so we don't need to sell a player in this moment."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where's that from? and if it's reputable, what mark said.

Archived