The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

apparently the Ruud deal is €14m, so less than £10m.

ouchies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Approx £9.59 million.

Where did you get that figure?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

wakeyrocket yhm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't access my hotmail account at work but i'll check it out tonight when i get in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

come on work with me lads, its the optimism hour </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was 9pm-10pm icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I did, but I soon realised they were unrealistic and bitter-esque. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good because I have Gonzalez, and the other 7m midfielders are shoite! O'Shea ffs.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

How can West Ham land both Tevez and Mascherano on loan? If it does go through like reported then Man Utd want ****ing.

To think we could have landed the pair on loan doesnt bear thinking about because West Ham cant afford £30m to buy the pair and we didnt half need Mascherano. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ng. Come on Taz, if this goes through there's clearly decidedly dodgy **** going down behind the scenes taking them to West Ham, and we never had a chance of getting them.

It's a ****ing joke but for once, not our fault.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

it's ok 157 minutes left!!!

Where's Jack Bauer now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sucking Glazer off icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I can't wait, going to be an awesome day, can't let Keith get too drunk he'll dance again icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol maybe he can eat you lol because you're name is BBQ!!!

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

why is everyone banging on about the chelsea game already? weve got points to drop at home to pompey and at blackburn before then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I foolishly mentioned it in my hypothetical Ruud/Saha question for Mika. Snipersdream said it was a moot point as we'd play 5 in midfield for that game rather than 2 strikers, so it moved on from there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd venture that moving Jones D on (and sending Jones R out on loan) must surely suggest midfield reinforcement(s) being on the cards in January, but this is United we're talking about. Fergie will probably seize the chance to bring in another left-back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

You'll be happy to know that i am goin to the Chelsea game now and i'll just have to tell her that she needs to leave on Sunday mornin icon14.gif Doubt it'll go down well but it needs to be done!

Got 3 Chelsea tickets and 6 Everton tickets this mornin as well as my 12 Benfica tickets! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a Chelsea ticket. I know where you live. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm i'll let you know as soon as i can if i've got a spare, i doubt it though.

I've got a couple of Chelsea supporting mates who have first dibs icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We'll qualify I think but it was just so obvious what was going to happen tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so f**king true

that first half was a shambles because we just treated it like a training match that didnt need to be won

and second half we just got caught cold by Celtic ACTUALLY putting some effort in plus some awful/non-existant performances from the attackers except Ronaldo

and it was so clear theyd somehow nick a goal

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Yeah strangely that somewhat reassured me :/

although we shouldnt have been in that position to start with so yea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know exactly what you mean, sometimes you wonder if he sees the problems we all know are glaringly obvious and when he says things like that to suggest that he does, then it's a relief somehow icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. It still makes you wonder why we're in this position. It could still be that he sees them, just after it's too late to get anyone else in, or that he sees them but there's actually no money available. The only option that lets Fergie off the hook is if there was simply no-one available.

My last two appliations have done the usual trick of having no evidence of me applying so I have wiped my hands of the ticket office now.

I am sorted for Wigan, Reading & I think Villa at home already with the minimum of fuss icon14.gif

Need a Vila cup ticket though. Not too bothered if I don't get one.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fulham v Manchester United, Saturday 24 February, kick off 12:45pm.

We will receive an allocation of approximately 3800 tickets priced £45 adults, £30 over 65’s and under 21’s and £20 under 17’s.

Executive members can now apply for tickets by telephoning the ticket order line during a designated period of time, for the Fulham game this is 9am to 5pm from Monday 15 January through Friday 19 January, for the time being we will continue to accept postal applications, the same deadline applies, late applications will not be accepted under any circumstancesand it is important to apply by one method of application only.

Additionally Season Ticket holders who purchased a seat for the following 4 home cup games: Celtic, Copenhagen, Benfica and Aston Villa, are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 22 January through to 5pm on Tuesday 23 January. Please note that this is a 24 hour service and tickets are not allocated on a first come first served basis.

All payments must be made by credit/debit card, however please note if successful an administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged for this service.

COACH TRAVEL TO CRAVEN COTTAGE

Executive Coach £27

Depart Car Park N2 6:00am

Est. return to Old Trafford 7:00pm

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3800 - decent allocation

adults £45 - rip off (as per usual)

U17s £20 - pretty cheap, not sure if i'm applying though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone wants to sit in the home stand at Fulham then let me know, I could well pick up a couple of tickets... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I will please

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

My cousin says you will regreat getting only a point from west ham,newcastle & arsenal away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No points were gained in the latter game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Can I just say if Darren Fletcher, Kieran Richardson, John O'Shea and Wes Brown ever pull a United shirt on again I will scream - useless bunch of overpaid tossers. How a Premiership footballer cannot pass to a teammate is beyond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How quickly things change icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

We're 8-1 to win the treble? Hahahahahahahahaha.

Not coming over all Mika, but we've no chance. Chelsea got more chance of doing the quadruple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked betfred and we were 8 - 1 to win the title.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

ahh cool. Me and Burrage are both aspiring lovers icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kind of from the Roma match thread, but why is Richardson still at OT?

His attitude is bad and he's not good enough to make that part irrelevant, so why hasn't he been cast out like Bellion, Djemba x2, Miller, Kleberson, etc?

What does he do to deserve a stay of execution? I blame Bryan Robson. I love him, but if Richardson didn't play so well for West Brom in that season they escaped relegation I doubt he would still be at United.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived