The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Erm, where has all this Hargreaves love come from all of a sudden?

I wasn't party to it but I seem to remember a lot of "Oh ffs not Hargreaves you red nosed fool! Stop listening to Queiroz!" pretty much every time we've been linked with him in the last 18-24 months or so.

Or maybe I was imagining it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nyte`:

what drug was Senna found to have taken?

ps. didn't know he was Assuncao's cousin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Betametosona and Metilprednisolona

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

bolton?

are you related to bbb?

perhaps his brother or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, never met Mart the reprebate , been meaning to come to the sacred place that is 'the wall' for nigh on a year now so will probably meet you guys in the flesh soon enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

a fletcher/carrick combo would be as soft as **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher's a better tackler than Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a better tackler than Scholes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you agree with me?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c275/Matt_2745/Manche...%202006/DSCF2049.jpg

MASSIVE gay :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

it's basically Brent :**) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahaha yas icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

dont think we need huntelaar right now tbh, more pressing matters in midfield.

also, was ole's goal in the 6-2 win at newcastle his last prem goal before tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prem...yeah probably, had one in the CL since though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Look, I think there's been a mix-up.

All Mart said was 'Hargreaves will be playing at Old Trafford by the weekend'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know employers are supposed to stick up for their <STRIKE>lackey's</STRIKE> staff, but the Queen wasn't that brazen in the Paul Burrell case icon_rolleyes.gif

Veron iafc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rossi could stay with Newcastle for the season

Newcastle loan signing Giuseppe Rossi has hinted he could stay at St James' Park beyond January.

The 19-year-old, currently on international duty with the Italy Under-21 side, completed a temporary move from Manchester United to Tyneside on deadline day.

Under the existing agreement, he will return to Old Trafford on January 1, but American-born Rossi has raised the possibility of staying longer.

He said: 'I know I will definitely be a Newcastle player until January, but we will look at it again before then and discuss whether I will stay for the whole season.

'It was decided it would help me and Newcastle if I was to go there on loan, and this was the best solution for me. I will have more opportunities to play with Newcastle.'

Asked if there had been interest from Italian clubs, Rossi replied: 'No Italian clubs came in for me, but I preferred to stay in England anyway because I am settled and I know the style of football.

'I like being in England.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I thought Scholes was our chief scout nowadays? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was taken off scouting duties when his eyes recovered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

do you want to see my **** acou? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exsperminate exsperminate

hello I'm the naked mini-me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

"Thomas the tank engine...."

I dont think the thread wants us to go through another gervais quoting session tbh.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our squad cannot cope with a run in 3 competitions.

I want the league & nothing else. Don't care if Villa knock us out of the cup (they have to get something out of one of the 3 games surely?) & I don't mind us going out of Europe next round against a bigger team.

We cannot sustain challenges on all fronts. Well if Richardson & O'Shea remember they are footballers we might have a chance on two fronts but that's very unlikely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ferguson's squad, once so taut, is a baggy mess of has-beens, never-will-bes and Liam Miller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Heh, when was this actually written? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

Im confident. Had a great weekend so nothing can go wrong for me now icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All good things come to an end icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

Chelsea still have to go to Arsenal and if they get a point and we get one at Anfield they cancel one another out. (1 point each from those two away games)

No other real hard trips. Tottenham will roll over like they always do against us there, we're due at City. Maybe Portsmouth a bit tough but the Chelsea game will decide it. I'm actually quite positive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldnt be to sure about that, they have one of the best home records in the league as do City. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They always have a decent home record and the talk is always pre-match how they'll give us a real test and we stroll out with a comfortable three points.

Top marks to me there, I've totally jinxed us for that one now icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Ali, I'll try and get you a Bolton mate, shouldn't be a problem icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

♥

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

must point out that one thing I do remember from my degree is that Football Balance Sheets and 'the deductions from Turnover' are extremely dodgy anyway, as how do you value 'stock'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remember more than that from my degree(s) and i didn't even finish it icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been getting paid to read books for the past 4 months, its kind of all got lost in the mind numbingly boredness that has occured.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Chelsea Man Utd</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Middlesbrough (H) Saturday 10th Feb - KO 3pm Charlton (H) Saturday 10th Feb - KO 3pm -6

Fulham (A) Saturday 24th Feb - KO 12:45pm -9

Liverpool (A) Saturday 3rd Mar - KO 12:45pm -12

Portsmouth (A) Saturday 3rd Mar - KO 5:15pm -9

Man City (A) Wednesday 14th Mar - KO 7:45pm -6

Bolton (H) Saturday 17th Mar - KO 12:45pm -9

Sheffield Utd (H) Saturday 17th Mar - KO 3pm -6

Blackburn (H) Saturday 31st Mar - KO 3pm -9

Watford (A) Saturday 31st Mar - KO 5:15pm -6

Tottenham (H) Saturday 7th Apr - KO 12:45pm -3

Portsmouth (A) Saturday 7th Apr - KO 5:15pm -6

West Ham (A) Monday 9th Apr - KO 3pm -3

Sheffield Utd (H) Tuesday 10th Apr - KO 8pm -6

Man Utd (H) Sunday 15th Apr - KO 1:30pm Chelsea (A) Sunday 15th Apr - KO 1:30pm -6

Newcastle (A) Saturday 21st Apr - KO 3pm Middlesbrough (H) Saturday 21st Apr - 3pm -6

Everton (A) Saturday 28th Apr - KO 12pm -9

Bolton (H) Saturday 28th Apr - KO 3pm -6

Arsenal (A) Saturday 5th May - KO 3pm Man City (A) Saturday 5th May - KO 3pm -6

Everton (H) Sunday 13th May - KO 3pm West Ham (H) Sunday 13th May - KO 3pm -6</pre>

The figure at the end is how many points we are potentially behind Utd if both teams take full points from fixtures, and draw in the head to head. Now obviously it's not intentional but that is ridiculously in Man Utd's favour. We only get the opportunity to put pressure on by closing the gap in an early kick off twice whereas they have the chance 6 times! one of these being a chance to open the gap up to a massive 12 points.

I took the times from the club websites but I think they may be subject to change as I can't see the Arsenal or the Bolton game being a 3pm kick off but we'll see. Grim reading if that's the case though icon_frown.gif

Just posted that in the Chelsea thread but thought it might be of interest to your lot as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well you've played before us loads of late so i think its only fair.

• 4 weeks later...

actually mika that picture helps. icon_biggrin.gif

james is right, the problem isn't really the railway. that amateur render was well off. it looks pretty deep set in that pic, and wouldn't be an issue.

access rights look like they'd be bitch.

oh, and leave my ****ing crayons alone icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

while we're on the subject of 1 on 1s, rooney also pretty gash at them as things go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But at least he hit <STRIKE>one</STRIKE> two against Bolton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay lets get it out the way, disaster scenario..

West Ham scrape a draw against us on the final day to hand Chelsea the title

We lose to Chelsea in the FA Cup final (on penalties)

We lose to Liverpool in the CL Final. Fowler hat-trick.

Now frankly, apart from the Fowler bit, that is all quite possible.

I think I'll keep telling myself this is what will happen so anything that doesnt turn out that way becomes a huge bonus

• 2 weeks later...

and voted also.

just looking at train times, seems it is possible to get back from Northwich after reserve games as long as they still kick-off at 7pm. two-hour round trip though ffs. hope it doesn't put off the anti-glazer protestors if that's the reason they're moving the venue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was counting the waffa amigo :*)

I don't mind being a decent cup side right now. best days are in front of me. bet you wish you could say the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah...the whole "this season's our year to win the league" thing, which has been going on since the days of...say...Roy Evans?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

not for £31m ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the 31m is not all from tevez, 25 million of it is for them taking Richardson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Giggs can offer us a lot as he showed in the first half of the season. i just think its a simple as him not having the legs to play everygame anymore and with our new signings he wont have to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much spot on there Taz.

Sadly for me, he'll benefit a lot by not having to play Internationals anymore.

Add in the fact that the only real options as a replacement winger were Park who was injured for most of the season or Richardson who shouldn't be wearing the shirt. Giggs was being relied upon far more than he should have been as a result.

Cantona & simply the best football advert ever icon_cool.gif

yes, better than his 'Au Revoir' and the Nike Airport one.

imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love Denilson's face (think it's Denilson) after Carlos scores his goal in that advert icon_biggrin.gif

well I had a fecking weird dream last night.

We were playing Lille in the CL Quarter final, only I had a ticket but Keith, Nick and Nicks g/f all came down to London to see me off icon_biggrin.gif, we got to London and I decided that I didn't want to go so cancelled the trip, we ended up going around London, in this mall thing, I ran across the floor and slid on my knees icon_cool.gif, we went into this shop that sold alot of hair but it had a drinks fridge, so we all went in and had a look round, we all stole a hair bracelet and the old dude in the shop was a right grumpy bastard and was very rude to us all (tbf we had stolen a hair bracelet), anyway this hippy woman came in and asked to buy all the hair in the shop.

then I woke up icon_biggrin.gif

Archived