The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

I can only assume West Ham are in there because the West Ham researcher has put us as one of their rivals (they always seem to have been particularly ABU) and the United researcher has bizarrely returned the favour. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. There was a lot of West Ham hate in the old thread as they got towards the cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like them, but not really for rivalry reasons. I get the feeling I'd dislike them no matter who I supported icon_biggrin.gif

I dunno, is there serious beef with them about ruining our title chances in '92 or '95? Ince-related stuff mebbe. I don't see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never quite got it either. I did wonder how much was down to the Beckham stuff after the '98 world cup, they were the worst offenders as far as i recall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wasm't the Beckham stuff because they were the first away game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, it's because most West Ham supporters are bald, lardy, Burberry-clad little-Ingerlunders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

iirc, this takes away my pain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but...but...but... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha that's so good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

once wasnt enough icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were cameras around when you last won the title? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

''The first permanent photograph was made in 1826''. So yes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

For example:

"I'd like to find Willow and Xander."

"Will you be slaying?"

"Only if they give me Lippi." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Dead Man's Party (right?)

Thats quite possibly the most creative way I've seen of slipping a Buffy quote into a United thread, possibly the first one in this particular version actually so kudos!

Quite funny really, I was browsing through the Buffy thread the other day because I hadn't been in there in a while and I was surprised just how many of the United posters have contributed.

A clear example of United fans having good taste if ever I saw one!

It's not quite the same - there's been resolutions raised over the last couple of years for China to acknowledge dual nationality, which, while they haven't been adopted, show that there's considerable internal pressure for it to happen.

And it'll happen because of business, not because China becomes a democracy.

It still doesn't matter one jot for Dong though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great match. I predicted 2-2 or 3-3 so wasn't far off.

MoM: Scholesy

Runner up: Saha

Carrick was excellent I felt. He looked so composed on the ball, almost Keane-esque in that regard. His passing was accurate and simple, which is exactly what we want from him. He worked well with Scholes, allowing his partner to attack more, but I'm not sure whether they would be strong enough against an attacking midfielder as good as Kaka or Ballack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cottager:

if you want cheering up. you won't enjoy the first minute because it's about smudge's injury, but after that it's about alan smith being fb. so watch it, I loved it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rvn's face after injury icon_smile.gif

smith vs terry icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh and because he's a flash twat that thinks he's made it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think playing for United and England would make me feel like "I've made it" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have a load of appearances then maybe, he's done NOTHING in a United shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Fletch love icon_cool.gif

Never thought I'd see the day when people saw sense icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm claiming the original fletch love bandwagon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll have to fight me, Nick and Scatter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick's easy, he gave up on the starting the huntelaar bandwagon; tbf though i did clearly start that one <3

People would be scared to get their notes out if they had James picture on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*opens Paint*

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reds fixture changes

United’s two trips to North London in the new year have been rescheduled due to television commitments.

The Reds’ first visit to Arsenal’s new Emirates Stadium was to take place on Saturday 20 January, but will instead kick off on Sunday at 16:00 GMT.

Arsenal are the only team to have beaten United in the Premiership this season but have failed to settle in their new ground. If the teams avoid each other in the third round of the FA Cup, the rescheduled Premiership clash will be the 200th meeting between the sides.

Meanwhile, United will be looking for their sixth straight win at White Hart Lane when they kick off at 16:00 on Sunday 4 February.

Originally scheduled for the previous day, the fixture may prove vital in the Reds’ march towards another Premiership title.

United haven’t lost against Tottenham since 2001, but the Reds will be mindful of Spurs’ recent home victory over champions Chelsea proving that Martin Jol's men are capable of an upset. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

snipers aye, but it wasn't a editorial comment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Letters page, natch.

Such a shower of clueless, pseudo-intellectual wannabe journalists.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh great, pompey at home, ****ing hell, another game with daytrippers galore /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aw come on, Fred_The_Red will have fun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

just reading that Wes is out tomorrow with a virus. please god let Vida be back, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he was in better form, there might have been more of a chance of seeing Heinze at CB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

assuming Agbonlahor plays, i think i'd take Mickey over even an on-form Gaby purely because of his pace.

although saying that, either Agbonlahor is a bit knackered or his pace has been hyped to high heaven because not only did Paddy outpace him a couple of times last week, he was also matched for pace by that reknowned speedster Darren Fletcher :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd question whether Agbonlahor would be up front even if he is playing. Isn't he far more likely to be as he started in the cup, wide in a 4-5-1? And while it's certainly debateable given his pace, i'm still not convinced Mickey's quick feet aren't nullified by his slow brain in that argument. An in form Heinze should be aware enough to use his positioning and awareness to make a straight foot race from a level start rare.

I'm not saying it would be a clear cut decision, but i'd certainly be leaning towards Heinze.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

wp on scrolling to the bottom and not actually reading the entire article. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">POINTS VERDICT

RICHARDS: 55pts

BALE: 55pts

Richards wins in more rounds than Bale, but his margins of victory are not as convincing as Bale's. In the departments Bale tops Richards, he is much better.

Separate them? We certainly couldn't.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there some more scrolling i'm missing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Awesome passing and movement in first 45, careless in possesion in the second (although we should have still won it).

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Carrick

Honorbale mentions to Gabby (looked back to his old self at times), Neville (hardly gave Downing a sniff), O'shea (another good display in his RICH vain of form) & Vidic (can't remember Viduka or Yakubu getting the better of him once).

Just a small question about the game, why on earth name Smith as a sub and not play for even ten minutes , especially seeing as our only main striker today is leaving after today's game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do agree with you that O'Shea looked decent in the first half but in the 2nd half he was as dreadful as Rooney and Giggs, unable to pass properly and unable to do any sort of first touch on the ball.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

N Vidic 2nd May

R Ferdinand 5th May

G Neville 5th May

L Saha 5th May*

M Silvestre June 07

Park Ji-Sung ??? ??

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed(fingers crossed)?

you think this is a possibility then yovan? i assumed it was just paper talk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it’s possible because I know how it works. €300k a year or more, a house and a good job to the parents...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived