The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You lot are in talks with him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

\o/

That really would be rather spectacularly fb.

Source?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would prefer Mascherano or Gattuso of course.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well who's to say that we wont sign one of those on top of hargreaves. we cant afford to get it wrong for another season so i say we should sign hargreaves (because hes fb and so we have SOMEONE) and then wait for the results of the italy scandal to see about gattuso or bid for mascherano.

for a club like manchester united two world class midfielders in one season shouldnt be out-of-our reach </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even though we've been unable to get one for the past few seasons? Added to the fact that assuming both Ruud and Ronaldo leave, we're going to need a new centre forward and now two new wingers (don't forget we were supposedly interested in Ribery before Ronaldo appeared to be leaving), that's 5 players. That's a lot of players to get in period, even before we consider the likelihood of getting even 3 or 4 of those right considering our recent record.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monteva:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

ffs Argentina obvi.

Man so many spelling mistakes by me recently, getting a smidge concerned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's worse is he doesn't actually play in Argentina but Brazil \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that.

I was going for the holidaying at home post World Cup set up rather than The Masch returning to Corinthians...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<STRIKE>Thing is, I'm all for squad rotation when you've got the players - it's a neccessity for maintaining a challenge on several fronts. But the players drafted in today, particularly in the case of Richardson and O'Shea, have proved on several occasions that they're not good enough. They're back up players, ones that we turn to if we HAVE to. We didn't have to today, and face a very real prospect of suffering the consequence of what can only be deemed Fergie's arrogance.</STRIKE>

Yeah, I wrote all that and went to press post when Ronnie scored icon_cool.gif

My points still stand :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is an old story (And it is, two weeks old except I only saw it now; not seen it on here but then again I don't read this thread much), but apparently the Larsson transfer isn't a loan at all, it's a somewhat strange "permanent" transfer. Basicly, a loan that short would violate some FIFA rule regarding international loans, so in order to make Larsson eligible both for his United spell and the start of the Swedish league, the clubs had to structure a rather strange deal. Larsson is a United player from today on, but United have signed an agreement to release him when the "loan" ends, and Larsson has signed an agreement saying he will sign a new contract with Helsingborg once that happens.

Now obviously in practice this will work like any other loan deal, just thought it was at least a tiny bit interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I kept saying that against Arsenal, Chelsea, Arsenal again and Newcastle the team looked like **** in the last 20-30min. I attributed this to the players not acting interested anymore and just strolling around the pitch waiting for the game to end with a win but it does make sense if they are tired.

Rooney has been looking tired 3/4 of the season so far.

I know I'll get slaughtered but from the moment Ruud skinned Carlos down the right early on with a lovely bit of skill, it was always going to be a great occassion, crowd right up for it and some great football, if I could have been at any game not from the treble season I think it might have been that one.

There's a debate I guess, if you could have been at any game other than the CL final, what would it have been?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Going back to the article on Ronaldo/Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo was in attendance at Old Trafford at the weekend having returned from a mini-break in Dubai, which was taken on the instruction of his manager, after the Scottish tactician noticed fatigue in his display against Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can instruct Ronaldo but not Rooney? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fatigue

Rooney never looked fatigued. He simply looked out of confidence. Which a goal could, and has, helped him overcome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney looked like he needed a rest and while it wasnt physical fatigue he wasnt there mentally and should have been made to take some time off.

I thought there was no affg yesterday. Not really a lot you can do about one like that.

As for MOTM, i thought Evra was excellent at both ends of the pitch for us. Surprised he hasn't been mentioned so far (unless i've missed it, which is entirely possible).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

i mean't the champions league.

Wasn't specifically talking about the treble.

You've posted similar comments in the past about the team being "light years away" from winning the CL, so assumed that was the same angle you were playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well no, it was fairly clear i was referring to the treble really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but it's also fairly clear which bit of the treble we're least likely to win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well.... yeah, but that's irrelevant icon_biggrin.gif

gregg's completely misread my post and tried to be clever, i'm just trying to correct him while making him look a bit silly. butt out icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Teamtalks are utter ******** mate. Let your assistant do them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. Fm07 in general icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

so I sold my OCS ticket and I'm staying home to watch utd \o/

feeling pretty confident about tonight, we've got goals all through the side, and I just can't see us not scoring.

come onnnnnn icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so you're clear. I'm blaming you when we lose.

If you had kept the ticket you would have gone and regretted going because you missed out on a famous United victory but now you get to watch United lose and you didnt get to go to the concert either. Thats how these things work. You bastard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB's fault. Started the thread. Went to the match.

Ban him.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone bored on a saturday afternoon might be interested in tuning into channel m at one o' clock for a special on fcum's cup win... (repeated 6:30pm today, and tomoz 12:30pm and 7:00pm)

alternatively, you can see the goals and/or highlights @ http://fcum.tv/ (click on 'Match Highlights & Goals')

• 2 weeks later...

and yeah, he got a few crosses in. dare say if we were playing 442 and had an out and out forward on the pitch one of them might have come to something.

i also think to say 'Ferreira nullified him' is rot, he was getting some joy out of him. seemed a weird choice to switch him over to me.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i guess im the only one that feels sorry for saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. How could you feel anything but pity for someone who's ******** for an Australian? icon_frown.gif

Archived