The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

I'm not blaming either of them nor am i saying either of them should get off scott free.

I just feel that too many people are prepared to make Ronaldo the scapegoat for England going out of the world cup.

The media have to blame somebody, so they all decide to blame Ronaldo, the dirty portugese player who decided to do an absolutely disgusting thing as to wind rooney up for 63 minutes till Rooney exploded. Then he went to the side of the pitch and started eating babies too.

When it's been English United players who've been the scapegoats, the club and fans have gotten behind the lads asnd supported them, showed them that we don't care because we'll look out for them.

Now its a portugese player, too many of our fans seem to be prepared to allow him to be thrown to the lions.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Appiah from Ghana wouldn't be far off what you're after. But I'm sure we'll just sit idly by and let Arsenal sign him for £2m icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently he wants to come to Arsenal as well icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Does anyone actually know how to spell Kusxkdskassksk btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomasz Kuszczak according to 'Window Watch' in The Times today.

Also saying that the Carrick deal has stalled based on us refusing to include Wes as part of the deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As if we need or want Wes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brown >>>>>>> Dawson and King? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?

You could make an argument for Brown being better than Dawson (certainly he perhaps had the potential to be better) but I wouldn't be convinced - at times Wes looks absolutely brilliant but how often does this happen?

And I really really rate King - maybe his positioning isn't always brilliant - but so strong and quick - I'd say he was significantly better than Brown - who surely will have to leave ManUtd for a regular Premiership spot with the brillaint Rio/Vidic combination?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

nick has a stetson iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You two been playing dressing up games again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's the Buzz Lightyear to my Woody. Or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">JBwfb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot to add. JBwqg.

He was another who's '99 performances get better every year. He took a long time to settle, was looking in decent nick by the end of that season, but never looked as good as he had for Gothenburg. He might have been fb had he stayed fit and had a second season, but he was actually short of confidence and quite tentative about taking people on when he first arrived, and took a long time to shake that off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

that article doesn't mention the McVities factory icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carlisle#s McVities Factory>>>>>Stockports

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hero of the Day:

How many people use the red issue forums here? What the hell does the abbreiation 'nft' mean? Its doing my head in they all use it and i haven't a clue what they are going on about. Or is it blatantly obvious and now look like a right prat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers mate, sick of all the rumours going round, the mutv one might be promsising unless they just want more viewers or something.

nft = no further text icon_smile.gif

I had no idea either fella icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

When does this bloody transfer circus end? I thought 6pm was the cut off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

midnight I'm afraid

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jesus wept, can't sell out for Arsenal

Manchester United v Arsenal, Sunday 17 September, kick off 4pm

A small number of tickets have become available for this match and they are available to One United Members only by calling 0870 442 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAS YAS YAS \o/

TO a shambles. It's the same for every 'sold out' game.

Did you not spot the empty seats last night?

Had two next to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Want me to pick one up for you tomorrow? I need to get one for Marshy too, actually, you'd need to go as well, one per member/ST holder, meet me at 3? get a beer as well?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha no chance becks, legend though you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wants to come back. The Glazers want him back. Ferguson is the only stumbling block really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he really still that big a marketing draw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More than that, they probably think he's some prodigal son figure who'd help win over any sceptical fans.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying not to get giddy though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's like Jamie Carragher trying not to be Scouse, not happening.

Utterly awesome day, Keith ended up driving so we had a 12 pack between the 3 of us before we even got to the pub, £9.99 for 12 stella and it was £2.50 PER CAN for Carling at the ground, I got bollocked off a copper for having my c0ck out when the portaloos were busy, lucky I didn't get a fine tbh, singing in the rain iffffffffffb, got a United hat as well so I didn't freeze to death.

Blackburn did a tannoy announcement asking us all to sit, cheah right never gonna happen, fantastic atmosphere aside from the first half consisting of "Murderers/2 times/Steve Gerrard" ffs I hate them as much as anyone but does it realllllllllly have to be done every fecking game?!

Second half much better with UNITED songs, battling performance from us, Ronaldo just orgasmic, didn't see the "penalty" incident as I was pishing but I guess it was Karma for last week.

The hoodoo is lifted and we're still 3 points clear.

Roll on next Saturday \o/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just looking at our fixture list and I can't say that I like the look of it.

Three (what should be straightforward home games), puntuated by away games at Arsenal, Spurs, Lille, Fulham and Liverpool.

Looking at it the next six weeks could be the defining point of the season, emerge from Anfield with a decent lead in the league intact and we have got a chance heading to the Bridge six weeks later.

Can't see us not dropping points in that run though, just depends how we react to any setbacks that might occur.

PS. We'll still lose.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Some of us always wanted Fletch icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Some people have always been too impatient or dismissive with him.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

nah, we only stopped the ruud songs cos it was upsetting poor little louis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf Louis was playing awesome when the fans sang about Ruud. Ever since they stopped he is **** poor.

• 1 month later...

Okay, firstly it’s good to hear that everyone that went off here got back in one piece.

Second, I can't condone the misguided reaction of the United supporters that charged the barrier following provocation from the Roma fans, but the whole situation highlighted once again the inadequacies of continental policing at football stadiums, and since plenty has already been said about all of that I’ll leave my disgust at the whole situation there.

Thirdly, the game itself was a bit funny in how it turned out really. I’m not happy we lost but like everyone else I guess I’m content that we’re going into the next leg one goal down and an away goal in the bag. Should make for a good return leg at least. Hopefully certain players will be closer to full fitness.

VDS, fine apart from dealing with Mancini’s long shot badly in the build-up to the second goal. Haven’t seen the replay’s of the first Roma goal from a good enough angle to see who it was that just let Taddei have all the time in the world to take his shot. Great take from the Roon after brilliant counter-attacking work from Ronaldo and Ole.

Gabby was out of position too often, Giggsy was anonymous, Scholes being pretty idiotic. Not a great night for those three. JOS either actually, kinda lucky Mancini didn’t see more of the ball.

MOM: Ronaldo, clearly our biggest threat.

2ND: Rooney probably, thought it was his best all-round game for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Possum,

You're a giddy convict who got lucky.

love

TOTFUT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but he didn't deviate and deserves props for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

We should keep Rossi at United and play him, if we don't we risk losing him to an Italian team. Why we would be interested in Anelka when we already have Rossi (especially with the "Smith Leaving" rumours) is beyond me. Plus it's unlikely to have any more money spent on the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely the 'Smith Leaving' rumour adds to our need for another striker?

Anelka and Rossi vastly different players. As I keep saying Anelka and Saha basically very very similar, and it's just a judgement call as to whether a twattish attitude is worse than a body made of glass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the fact Anelka is a far superior player? Hope you keep Smith though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Than Saha? Hmm, 'far superior' giving him far too much credit / underrating Louis imo. As I've said, he's a much better natural finisher, but I think Louis matches him in pace, movement and strength, and is probably better in the air. Anelka might have the edge, but it's hardly clear cut.

Archived