The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

OLLIE WILLIAMS

IT GON RAIN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IT'S RAINING SIDEWAYS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/12623/Family_Guy_Weatherman.html

iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahah legend icon_biggrin.gif

Well yes that's pretty clearly true.. but nevertheless we ARE holding out (which is a positive thing, really).. so its whether Madrid really dont want to go higher.

Then again Bayern will just come along and snap him up... actually I hope that happens... Hargs icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Smith eager for striker role

Alan Smith is on the brink of a United return, to the team and to the team's forward line.

The 25-year-old, who suffered the double blow of a broken leg and dislocated ankle against Liverpool in February, has endured a hard summer slog to be fit in time for the new season. And, as he revealed to MUTV, he isn't far off.

"This is the start of my second week of training with the lads doing everything in the sessions," he said in an exclusive interview. "About two weeks ago I said to one of the physios, 'I'm ready for a game now' and they had to tell me there was more work to be done.

"But now, as long as there's no reaction - touch wood there won't be - then my next aim is to take part in a game. I've got to be tuned in and positive so that when the time comes I'm ready."

Last season Smith's combative qualities were used to assist United's ailing engine room, but his return to action coincides with United having added numbers in midfield. Another signing is expected before the 31 August transfer deadline, meaning Smith will be vying for one of two places up front with Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha, Giuseppe Rossi and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

"I'm a better centre-forward than a midfielder, everyone knows that," he said. "I can play as a decent midfield player when the game is rough and tumble and 100 miles an hour. But when teams dropped off and you had to be the catalyst and keep moving the ball, that's when I found it more difficult. I believe I can be as good a centre-forward as I want to be." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Right yeah, I'm off I think. I appoint BBB and Mika as whores of the MotM poll thing, hopefully I'll have a new flat soonish and I can re-take up the reins icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miss you :*(

• 2 weeks later...

Probably posted already blah blah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Deportivo La Coruna expect a bid to arrive from Manchester United later today for midfielder Aldo Duscher. AS says Depor president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro is convinced United will try again for the Argentine, having had a £7 million offer turned down in January. Lendoiro is anxious to sell Duscher today and while Tottenham have also been in contact, he expects United to come in for the midfielder after being frustrated in their pursuit of Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Can United OTFers stop texting random transfer rumours around unless there's a source? icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

It's like a bloody chain letter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said what? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently the name Diop was texted from one larger than life OTFer to a similarly aged one who forwarded it to myself and a certain amateur, who forwarded it onto a snooker lover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

tbf, you're all lunatics. noone knows the full situation behind all this.

i'd bet these MSI fellas offered united machareno but the terms were just completely ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs basically. The full story is not and probably wont be known for some time. Funny to see the spazzing out though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly how ridiculous could they be? It's not like they could demand part of the club in exchange for their services which appears to be what is happening dow nat West Ham. The most they could have said was we pay their wages & maybe they have to play a certai namount of games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I couldn't go to the parade, had a GCSE that day, heartbroken, was even offered tickets by my dads mate to the final itself, was more than willing to chuck away my exams but the parents wouldn't let me :******( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar think happened to me, back in March of 99 my dad said I had an option of either going to Inter Milan away in Quater Finals, or wait to see if they got to Final and go to that. Like an absolute tool I choose to go to Milan, because I didn't think we would make it to the final. Well ****ed off I was before the Final about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Only reason I would say is that without Rio Wes never looks THAT solid imo.

However I don't think either should be dropped. Wes always plays well against Arsenal & justb ecause both made a mistake against Celtic doesn't mean they are both going to do it again against Arsenal.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkH:

Gents, I thought I would post this in here rather than opening a new thread.

I am coming to Old Trafford for the Eng - Macedonia game on Sat 7th Oct.

We are getting the train to Manchester Picadilly. How do i get to OT from there? I understand that there is a metro/train link to the station, does it run often?

The game is a 5pm kick off, so we should be out by 7pm. My train leaves picadilly at 7.50 - what is the best/quickest way to get back to picadilly?

Cheers guys, i have only drove to OT before, public transport scares me...

Any help appriciated.. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tram station is inside the train station.

Trams run every 10 minutes or so.

You can get the Altrincham line & get off at the Old Trafford stop.

OR

Get the Eccles line & get off at Exchange Quay. You are on the opposite side of the stadium butthe walk is just as long. Trams are usually less packed on this line too as not as many people know you can get to OT that way.

Assuming the match finishes at 7pm your best bet is walking (fast icon_biggrin.gif) to the tram stop & getting on a tram there.

That should get you back to Piccadilly train station with about 15 minutes to spare.

Of course you could leave a bit earlier & avoid some of the queues, just don't mention doing that in here (except to BBB as he could give you some hints & tips). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you sir icon14.gificon14.gificon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

FLETCHER OUT icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He pretends he likes him in here, but get him in other threads and he changes his tune icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

r jones >>>> d jones

on the night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitly, wasnt impressed with Jonah at all, the midfield was ***** all night, even when we went to 451 they were going through it too easy, only in extra time it stopped when they tired

Didnt think Barnes did too bad but he looked so nervous, I thought he was left footed? He scored a goal in the ressies with his left and was putting in loads of balls with his left yet he kept using his right last night to dribble, he showed enough pace but wasnt physically strong enough to hold of Otsemebor when he went past him.

Think the chants about having Paul Scholes brother on the wing got to him icon_biggrin.gif

Shawcross looked good when he came on, very commanding and assured

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Mart getting favours off God now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think God owes him, to be fair icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Giles plays in quite a few position's in midefield, but DeafParrot is right - he's mainly used as an AMC or the right of midfield.

I'd be annoyed if Giles went now really - we're in the top 6 financially stable clubs in the division now and after getting a board in, we really don't need to sell. So it comes down to whether Giles wants to learn his trade with us, playing regularly or go to a bigger club and play sporadically.

Davies has said it would take a silly offer for us to let him leave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Player of the Month : Scholes

Worst player of the month : Richardson

Most improved player of the month : Evra

Goal of the month : Ronaldo fee kick vs Portsmouth

Moment of the month : Left back-a-thon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has dismissed reports that Gary Neville will be out for six weeks because of calf and knee injuries.

The 31-year-old England defender is in the squad to face Newcastle on Monday.

"He's playing on Monday, so that six weeks has obviously been reduced by a miracle drug," joked Ferguson, who celebrated his 65th birthday on Sunday.

"This has supposedly come from a great authority. What kind of authority is it when he's going to play on Monday?"

In November, Ferguson said Neville may have to undergo surgery to cure a long-standing calf injury.

Neville has missed United's last two games, with his last action coming in the 3-0 win over Aston Villa on 23 December.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link - inc. fergie talking about chelsea and rossi

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I really don't think I could hate him more, going to get a myspace and hurl abuse at the useless **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about if he signed for Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love him for making them shitter?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">""During half-time, the coach told us," Flamini told L'Equipe.

"He asked us to remain focused and strong because Manchester will give up physically in the last 20 minutes.

"He said: 'They are not the same anymore after 70 minutes'. Once again, the coach was right!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing more than a psychological half-time pep talk from Wenger, or has he got a point there?

Worth noting that Queiroz (with Valter di Salvo in tow) was heavily criticised for his approach to fitness training at Madrid, where his team were dubbed 'the sixty/seventy minute wonders'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I was hoping you lot could shed some more light on this,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

who can we play instead of rio in mika's lineup for tuesday please?

richo at left back, heinze in the middle? frak it, why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'shea - Brown - Silvestre - Heinze

Park - Fletcher - Carrick - Richardson

Smith - Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep play that + the Kush (as Mika said).

Heck as long as we're throwing names out there for wholesale changes lets get Dong in the mix.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry mate, I was out with real life people icon_smile.gif

and I've just texted him now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say that like I should be jealous or that it somehow affects your ability to reply to a text?

icon_biggrin.gif to Ali & icon14.gif to mark.

- - - - - - -

In other news I was wrong about where the money going out of my account for tickets.

A £46 North Stand Tier 1 ticket has arrived for the Roma game (even though I only ever state E/W T2 & NE/NW Quads T1 as my prefered options), so thats the money that came out of my account on the 23rd, but it means I'm no wiser about what game the £35 or so that went out on the 19th because that is also more expensive than the seats I would usually purchase.

Anyone have a clue which of the Sheff Utd or Boro games (I assume its not Blackburn because a ticket would have already arrived with the game being this weekend) the ballot on the 19th (or around that date) was for? Obviously still trying to avoid contact with the TO in any form by asking this btw.

They've also painted me into a corner because even though its a fair load more there's no way I can pass up the Roma ticket now I've got it...damn them.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Jonah feature on SSN at the minute icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is it, an in depth look at players who never quite made it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a profile of a rising star iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So being transferred from us to Derby is "rising" now? Interesting interpretation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll humour you icon_rolleyes.gif

from being bizarrely overlooked with us to leading Derby's promotion charge and earning plaudits all over the shop is rising, yes icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Wigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was that the one where he tapped in the save from the keeper anyway?

Also htf has scholes only got 2 assists this season???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

ROONEY VOTED FOR DROGBA

Wayne Rooney has revealed that he voted for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba in the PFA Player of the Year awards.

The England striker expects teammate Cristiano Ronaldo to walk away with the award but admits that he voted for his biggest rival - Ivory Coast striker Drogba.

The leading pair are joined by Cesc Fabregas and Steven Gerrard as well as United teammates Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs in the shortlist.

"I think Ronaldo will win it [the main award], but he could win both," Rooney told the Manchester United website. "He's been brilliant all season.

"I picked Drogba - only because we weren't allowed to pick any of our team-mates. But Drogba has been fantastic this season, as has Cesc Fabregas, who I voted for Young Player of the Year.

"I hope Ronaldo will win it. If he does, it will be fully deserved."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

and so to the one you've all been waiting for. United Thread User of the Year. ofc the winner gets to start the new thread and enjoy the adulation of their peers for a full 12 months.

nominees:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">James07?

alilaw

mark g

ACou2000

Nick OGS20

Keyser

Rcjuk

No Longer Bling

Young Jimlad

Gregg Carter

Taz

Mika

BBB