The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8236/ronnie6ht.jpg

eurgh, english media can f'off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

And you can just see the moron masses lapping up the 'dirty cheating foreigner costing us GLORY' angle as well

argh

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Paddy Crerand on MUTV

"I think this is a massive year for Darren Fletcher to step up to the plate and make the midfield spot his own"

When asked by a caller as to why we havent signed anyone yet.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*slits wrists*

Sun star and Mirror all utterly abysmal today, saying Rooney BLASTS Ronaldo, then all using the same quote: 'Obviously I'm disappointed Cristiano chose to get invlolved, but I bear him no ill feeling etc' icon_biggrin.gif

So I'm disappointed that we lost on Saturday.

"ARGEL BLASTS ENGLAND"

"ARGEL IN FROTHING MAD INSANE ENGLAND RAGE"

"ARGEL SETS UP IHATEENGLAND WEBSITE SCORES 45bn HITS IN 1MIN"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

so you are looking for a young viera sort of player. ivory coast had a leggy centre mid didnt they?

but then any players who did even half decent at teh WC will have had their values doubled.

maybe an african nation that didnt get to the finals? nigeria, cameroon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah you get my jist. doesnt have to be african tbh. but just not someone expected or that has been good (not amazing) at the WC so they wont cost loads and loads and could turn out as a gem.

yeah they're online on the Website.

Also managed to get onto the match ticket buying screen, but it came up with a game date for the Fulham game as 5/7/06 at 10:39, and also in the old style of the website. So I'll have to give the TO a ring later.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

possibly not sure what im on about here, but remember when foobs did his version of the beeb website? can anyone tell me what he used to do that. i know its something thats older than the sun but i dont know what it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

luckily i asked foobs that and it's sitting pretty in my favourites

http://www.fubarweb.co.uk/BBC%20SPORT.htm

It'll be a pretty weak side again, basically the squad from the SA tour minus O'Shea and Solskjaer. None of those who played in the world cup are expected to feature until Preston at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Milan - possible, although unless they were going to change tactics he'd have to shift Gattuso, and they more need to replace aging defenders and the departed Shevchenko

Inter - they already had Cambiasso, had bought Dacourt, and were chasing Vieira from quite early one, which made me think he was first choice.

Barca - again possible, but they already have Xavi who would be very hard to shift, as well as Van Bommel etc

Madrid - Cappelo went straight for Emerson, which again suggests he was first choice. They've also bought Cannavaro and Ruud, so would they even have enough cash left?

So no-one who stands out as having both enough money, which we probably would have had, and a guaranteed 1st team spot, which we definitely would have had if he could destroy the photographs O'Shea has hidden away.

I'm not saying we definitely could have got him, but i believe there are enough reasons for all the other teams not to get him this year to say that no other bidders is very little evidence of Corinthians willingness to sell one way or the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree with the gist of what you're saying - and i wish we did/hope we do make a move for him this summer as it's probably our best chance to get him - but you need to remember that mascherano is only half owned by corinthians. some agency own half his contract.

if he doesn't cost upwards of 20m it'll be a minor miracle.

the only real hope we've got is that corinthians get relegated in december and we pick him up for a bit cheaper in january.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm sure me and Dan had "beef" early on in my OTF posting.

or am I dreaming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who'd have "beef" with me? Im such a loveable fella icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It doesn't rin in Manchester anywhere near as much as people say it does.

Take the weather now for instance, glorius sunshine \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

******** tbh.

Manchester is the rainiest city I've ever lived in. (admittedly I've only lived in two cities)

But Old Trafford (cricket ground) does have more games rained off than any other county side in England I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

arrogantly adding a ? to nicks name icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ? is there cos no one knows when he'll turn up

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Fletch love icon_cool.gif

Never thought I'd see the day when people saw sense icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm claiming the original fletch love bandwagon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You simply can't do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shotgun.

there, i just did icon_cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Wigan

Blackburn

West Ham

Villa

Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, you must be skint - I bet the presents you have bought for people for Christmas are ****.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

if jimlad did the round up it would have to be 5 times the thread itself icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, longer and more valuable than the United Opus and you'd all love every syllable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i flicked through the opus in the megastore against villa to kill some time before kick off. its ****ing huge

Nick:

Ole Gunnar Solskjær:

Made his debut i 1990 - only played a few minutes. (Didn't say whether it was a few minutes in only one match or more matches)

First team from 1991. Haven't found any info from this season, but I think he mostly played for the 2. team this season too.

In 1992 he scored 30 goals

In 1993 he scored 20 goals

In 1994 he scored 31 goals

From 1991 to 1994 he played 71 matches, scoring 81 goals.

Clausenengen from 1990 to 1994:

Clausenengen - 1990:

Clausenengen 22 - 3 4 15 - 26-61 - 13 - Relegated

Clausenengen - 1991:

Clausenengen 22 - 10 5 7 - 67-41 - 35

Clausenengen - 1992:

Clausenengen 22 - 14 3 5 - 61-38 - 45

Clausenengen - 1993:

Clausenengen 22 - 19 1 2 - 54-10 - 58 Promoted

Clausenengen - 1994:

Clausenengen 22 - 9 4 9 - 48-43 - 31

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to find any seasonal stats for individual players from early 90's LL football in Norway, so I think you just have to make a qualified guess.

Those 109 apps/115 gls I read about everywhere must include every match Ole played for Clausenengen's senior team (including friendlies and cups).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Doubt you'd get odds of 10-1 on us winning nothing though Acou. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was 16-1 last week iirc? icon_biggrin.gif

Definite value there.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

1616: Red faces all round at Old Trafford. Rio Ferdinand is embarrassed while a mature woman in the crowd is in pain after the United defender lashes at the ball in frustration and it smashes across her chops.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rio has just gone and apologised to her for the 2nd time. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

yeah, cheers. icon_biggrin.gif sadly mine was one of those that was very close to others so even if i win, it will still be a draw to see who goes to turkey! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's the best one by far i don't like any of the others

good luck though

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

please, please, please, please let Arsenal get something out of tomorrow, so we get a guard of honour at the bridge.

they might slap us 6-0 but it really really wouldn't matter.

Slap West Ham into the championship, nice day out at the cup final and then sit back to watch Kaka and co destroy the dippers in athens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be good. except the amount of abuse ive had from arsenal fans since wednesday i wouldnt mind chelsea twatting them, with us taking the title at the bridge icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

talking of religions, there is a certain 41st birthday event tomorrow that i think we would all find quite religious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's friday, and i'll only be 35 you cheeky git. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was this too subtle for people icon_frown.gif

sadly not dude, will be working every day aside from sunday for the next 6 weeks icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, we'll see. you always go 'put my name down for overtime this saturday, will pay for my ST/an away game/a fake world cup off eBay icon_cool.gif', only to pop up on MSN that morning and say 'didn't sleep very well, have told them i'm not coming in icon_frown.gif'

Archived