The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh go and F yourself Gerrard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he's right!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Is the 04/05 thread knocking about anywhere? I posted about three times in about thee years, but I'm almost 100% positive Taz owes me money / a drink if Ronaldo's not at United on the opening day of the 06/07 season and the proof's somewhere in there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chop busting, gotta love it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

beckham wouldnt be so bad from a marketing point of view. think of all the shirts sold and stuff. so if we could get him cheap it wouldnt be bad from a financial point of view. but i cant see it happening! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yay!

Good to hear that Dong will qualify for a European passport in December.

I'm assuming however that he'll stay out on loan until the end of the season at Antwerp rather than return half way through to make sure he keeps getting games to develop. He's going to be in Belgium at the start of the season rather than at NEC for instance though isn't he since thats where his EU passport will be based?

In addition I don't think Antwerp would be too pleased at us pulling him away since his goals have been quite important to them (top scorer last year wasn't he?). The other side of it is that he is our player and the club might want him on loan domestically to get used to more physical football but then that could be the plan for next season if we don't need him thrown in sooner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

ditchwater? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not heard of that phrase? icon_biggrin.gif

Razzler & Daaaaave this is a forum for united fans not two clowns to argue in, Daaaave the fact that you are coming in larging it up about Pennant & Bellamy is a joke....Pennant is ok but massively overrated and might i add a trouble causer and as for Bellamy he will be ok until he is convicted of the numerous off field allegations he is currently facing so all in all a waste of around £15 million-they'll be the two biggest chavs in Liverpool icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i haven't - and won't under any circumstances - opened the liverpool thread this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, I will confess.

But I saw that Daaaaave was holding Court in there and left again rather quickly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MadMadMad I hate him so much. I want to invent a time machine and travel back so I can strangle him in his crib as an infant. I'd rip his bloody....GOAL!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS CoolCoolCool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha what? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"We have the players to cover and there is nothing we can do about it now but one thing is for sure, we will not be playing in the Amsterdam tournament again, you can bet your life on that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll teach you Dutch lot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ferguson just proves what a sad figure he has become really... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not unreasonable, really. shocking treatment of Rooney.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I'm finding it hard to get as worked up about the possible signing of Trezeguet as everyone else. The last time i saw much of him was his first Serie A season i think, and i thought he was reasonable. Is he considered no talent awful, or unfulfilled talent awful? And is it getting him at all that's the problem, or would people be happy with him if say we were buying him as a backup striker for ~5m quid? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he has talent. and he has probably fulfilled it. but we just dont need to be spending money on someone like him with a Mascherano hole so gaping in our side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Can United OTFers stop texting random transfer rumours around unless there's a source? icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

It's like a bloody chain letter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said what? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently the name Diop was texted from one larger than life OTFer to a similarly aged one who forwarded it to myself and a certain amateur, who forwarded it onto a snooker lover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who comes up with this rubbish jpshakehead.sml.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Might go along to see FC this weekend. Chaps fancy meeting for a beer before the game?

Me going depends what some bird I'm meant to be seeing, is doing this weekend. She might be going to Liverpool to see her scouse nan icon13.gif Find out today though and can then start making plans.

dad does 'em as a threesome.

but we'll do mine on its own for Celtic, cos mum and dad are in the euro loyalty pot (their going to C'hagen) and were told they're 100% for Celtic cos there's not many that have been to both.....not sure of the ins and outs but United ****ed up on Benfica so a lot of the normal Euro away peeps didn't get in the pot - something to do with the ticket pick-up.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'd be tempted to leave Rooney on the bench. Start with Ole and Smith. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds guid tae me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

also (christ, can't stop posting this morning), anyone going to the friendly at Northwich Victoria this evening? will only be reserves and will probably be too soon for Park and Ole, but i think i might head down there.

northwich vics > upton park, sheehan icon_mad.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

hmm yeah... from his City days I'd have taken SWP but he really doesnt seem to have moved on at all. no doubt that's not helped by the fact he rarely plays.

anyway - that along with the fact we'd undoubtedly have to pay Chelsea LOADS means he's a No No. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously it would depend on the price, but his consistently excellent form with City says to me that he's a far better player than he's shown for Chelsea. As far as i'm concerned, his ability isn't in question. The gamble is whether his loss of form is simply down to an injury early on meaning he didn't get a run in the side, combined with not suiting the 4-3-3 or the diamond formations that Jose generally uses, or whether it's a temprement/pressure issue with being at a bigger club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Yep when Larsson goes and if Saha gets injured we will be left with Rossi, Rooney, Solskjaer and hopefully a fit Smith.

And of all those wingers listed you fail to say that Giggs is old, Park mediocre, Richardson crap, ole and Rooney forwards so that leaves Ronaldo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, if you were going to apply the same logic in reverse, you could say that up front we could play Rooney, Saha, Ole, Smith, Rossi, Giggs, Ronaldo or Scholes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Seems some Celtic fans went today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RI? King of kings 17? What an idiot, Liverpool fan too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon_biggrin.gif, what's your name on there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

United91 - don't go on much though.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Has anyone else got seriously crazy snow atm btw?

Got snowflakes about an inch across here & the road is now blanketed in half an inch of snow easily.

Cannot see more than about 15-20 feet in front of you it's that heavy.

It's like a blizzard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None in sunny , wonderful Bolton at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

platini is indeed afc.

Also alilaw wouldnt it be good to knock out the scum yourselves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I come over all Mika when it comes to playing the scouse. NEVER think we'll get anything from the game, especially at Anfield.

I'd much prefer Saha's scenario tbh... *prays*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In November, after a Uefa Cup tie between Paris St Germain and Hapoel Tel-Aviv, a hooligan was killed by a policeman.

However, the problem is very much restricted to Paris St Germain, who have a notoriously racist fan base who support the leader of the extreme right-winger, Jean-Marie Le Pen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahahahahahaha.

"we have hooligans, but only at one club"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Every single time that an ex-player is mentioned in the thread I think I should quote James' post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, because we've spent as much time talking about any other player?

Seriously, for our own sanity we should just stop talking about Ruud.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

1. Build a cantilevered structure over the railway, not sure how feasible this is. May only be able to fit an extra 10,000 or so in doing this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be prohibitively expensive as well. you'd have to knock down the entire stand and basically start it again in the likely event that the foundations for the front of the stand are ill equipped to cope with the extra stress caused by the added weight to the rear.

it wouldn't just be a case of taking off the roof and adding the extension, put it that way. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't we have to knock the entire north stand down and rebuild that from scratch as well?

But yeah I never expected it to be easy. How much would it cost to relocate the railway line by 20m or so icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bear in mind i have little knowledge of the area, but...

i don't see why the rail line would actually have to move. as little as a 1% grade on the line, some pretty severe **** off foundation work, and you could basically build a subway station slightly under/inside the framework for any new stand.

roughly how far back from the edge of the current stand is the furthest edge of the railway line?

roughly how far away are these houses as well? i'm assuming there is a road between the houses and the stand too...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but at the end of the day a net transfer profit of £4m in the summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But look where a net transfer debt gets you icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

can i change my favourite moment to mark getting sonned by a random? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. Gosh, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that by your self. Mmm. That's so fresh, too. Any Titanic jokes you want to throw into this forum while we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Because we're right here. God you're so funny! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will you have my babies jules? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i believe 'wow' jonny has first dibs but if hes not keen im all yours.

Archived