The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saffy on Smiffy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Alan is doing very well and we’re very pleased with the progress, but when he was injured in February we said he wouldn’t play for six or seven months so he won’t be back until the end of August, or early September." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Manchester United to sign England legend?

Former England and Stoke City star Sir Stanley Matthews, is believed to be on the verge of joining Manchester United.

The club is still in talks with God regarding the terms of his resurrection but it’s believed a deal can be brokered in time for the new season. The FA are expected to support the use of dead players and have also received a request from Manchester City to re-register Marc Vivien-Foe.

Seen as the ideal replacement for Cardiff bound Ronaldo Ronaldo, The Wizard of the Dribble has agreed a provisional 5 year contract brokered by Sir Matt Busby and Derek Acorah.

Despite being dead for nearly 6 years he’d be expected to provide stiff competition for the likes of Ryan Giggs. Sir Alex Ferguson is said to be too riddled with syphilis to comment but sources close to the drunken fool believe he plans to convert him to left back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*waits for olipepper to be outraged*

I'm gonna be in the minority on this one but I still wouldn't be against him staying.. not that I think players should be playing for us if they dont want to.. but simply because of the DIRE squad situation right now. A half arsed Ronaldo still >>> any other option we currently have quite frankly.

Also booing him is fs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Yeah. I <3 Ruud. Good luck.

Wonder if we'll try and snatch Gravesen as part of the deal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Imagine the 500 pages of relief at signing a player once we finally do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think jimlad would write a 5000 word post in honour of it.

Good luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If we don't sign anyone and finish 2nd I'll buy the following a pint

Keyser

James07?

NickOGS20?

Mika (well a coke)

JulesMUFC

Coldberg

Bagpuss

Rcjuk (shandy)

markg

Redblood

Blaine

Acou2000

Alansmithifb14

any of the other reg's I've missed off that can get to OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry Mart I won't be holding my breath. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

You been talking tactics with Taz again? He loves his 4-1-5 style formations. icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, 'Talking Tactics with Taz' sounds like an idea for a TalkSport show icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds more like an outreach program for the mentally handicapped if you ask me.

"It's only an hour a week, but Talking Tactics with Taz really makes me feel like I'm doing valuable work in the community. Seeing their little faces light up with glee when you suggest Smith, Rooney, Saha and Van Nistelrooy all up front makes the whole thing worthwhile."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Ruud was ***** with shots from outside the area. Ah crap, does that make me a hypocrite too? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that'll end the discussion for me. it's degenerating from an interesting debate into trading insults.

later people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were the one who called me a hypocrite ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you called me a bitter. icon13.gif

and i only asked if you being a hypocrite. hence the question mark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said it was bitteresque behaviour. Obviously just a lapse. I'm fully aware how damaging actually accusing someone of actually being a bitter could be.

And I'd venture you were implying more than asking, given the attached quotes...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

hargreaves and carrick for £30m plus = bad business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gonch would whinge if we signed Pele and Maradona in their prime in exchange for a packet of gummi bears :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they could never play in the same team anyway icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

BBC said £8 mill anyway Taz you fool

Disclaimer: If the buggers have rewritten the article since i saw it not my fault </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guardian

Uefa

Teamtalk

All say 6 million euros which is about £4m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If Saha gets injured for France I'm going to go ballistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't bother, it's utterly predictable and as such surely Fergie's got a contingency plan? \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs up front if we haven't sold him iirc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

im not voting outside my region in the quals icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've voted for Saha.....

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

just had a stumble across to RI there, that place is away to the dogs icon_frown.gif

what's with all the Irishness on there lately? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always been away to the dogs tbf.

Speaking of Red Ish, does anyone else here get it by subscription, and if so, have you got your latest copy yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get it by subscription, last issue I got was the one with Kieran Richardson and Venables on the back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Early last week or the week before, yeah?

Yeah, I reckon Royal Mail have mislaid mine. Or else my strange Lithuanian housemate is stealing my mail.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

Is that Larsson or Rio sitting next to Rooney at the end? Cant quite tell.

Still class though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was Callum Best at first glance icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

i dont want Ruud back. Too old, not as good as he was </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not want to buy back Ruud at his age and i dont deem him as good as now as he was at his best for us.

We dont need to go into but 'what if we got him on a free' stuff because we wont be.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Pj so wrong it's embarrassing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Gervais fans really don't know what comedy is, that is embarrasing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ergh, comedy snobbery, whatever next.

pegg ifb. gervais iqg. morris and coogan afffffffffffffffffffffb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

proper hair on back of neck standing up stuff that icon_cool.gif

if we get to athens i AM going. even if it means selling a kidney. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The amount you drink they wont be worth ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Giggs 4?

well it's true though i don't know who assited as i usually was too distracted by the awsome goals and scoreline icon_biggrin.gif

Did Heinze get 1 or 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None.

Carrick, Smudge, Rooney, Ronnie, Ronnie, Carrick and Evra.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I have missed something like 3 home games all season in all competitions & I don't have a ticket icon_frown.gif

Surprisingly not bothered at the moment though. Would still take one if offered but I don't care if I have to watch it in the pub with mates.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived