The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NSteelez:

Hypothetical, but if the situation was reversed would people be calling for Rooney to go or be so mad about it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be mad at Rooney for doing what Ronaldo did. I hate that s**t, I hated it when United did it, it's not sporting.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

hahahahaha the website, the banners icon_biggrin.gif I don't know what's funnier, those or the mongish siege mentality emails the Bender Brothers sent icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"OMFG!1! HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A UNITED PLAYER!!!11!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My e-mail was nothing to do with him beign a United player.

My e-mail was to do with the guy having such a sad life they have to make a website like that.

People that sad are pathetic and deserve to be told so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I wonder why Dortmund would accept £6m off you for Nuri.

They rejected £5m off chelsea, and that was before he became a first-team regular for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but also before they decided to sell players to help their debt problems (as they'd never previously let rosicky leave for such a low amount as 6m)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

understandable. I feel the same way...

about me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just those couple of vertebrae too many, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like I need an excuse to be even less productive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Are you settled in England?

"We really love it here. I think we have really integrated well around Manchester. This is the place where we feel at home. We like it here, we love the English way of life and we prefer it much, much more than the south of Europe. Italy and Spain really are not my countries.

"In Spain and Italy I would not have a life among the fans. Everyone wants to touch you, own you and approach you. I try to be as kind as possible to all my fans, but in those countries I could not do it. There they ask too much from you. They would want to be, literally, on top of you all day.

"The country life near Manchester I really love. No, I am not shy to go into town or to mix with people. But I like peace. Life here, where I live now, is so much similar to Brabant, the county in Holland where I come from. I am never homesick, that says enough." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a difference 2yrs makes etc.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wakey06:

Why didn't we try our luck with Nolan? consistantly performs in EPL and affordable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we need a destructive, defensive midfielder? Something Kevin Nolan isnt?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

aha, the real reason we aren't signing Hargreaves, from everyones favourite paper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hargreaves may even have become surplus to requirements in 12 months’ time if the likes of Darren Fletcher, John O’Shea and youngster David Jones continue to progress at Old Trafford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

during the summer i was sooooooooooo apathetic over ronaldo going or staying. i really didn't care one way or the other so long as if he went, we got a good fee for him. quite happy to say that was wrong. glad he stayed. he's been ffffffffffffb. long may it continue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Ruud scored a couple of penalties that day didn't he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

Michael Stewart arrogantly jumping on him to celebrate still amuses me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but nowhere near to the same level. I'd be more disappointed if I expected and genuinely though that we would win the title and didn't, than if I didn't expect us to and we didn't. Ultimately I still think Chelsea are a class team and will hit back, and be too strong for us in the end. Desperately hope I'm wrong, and if I am, we'll all be happy and it's a bonus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

oh and for 20 minutes of the second half the crowd was rocking. How it should be all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was brilliant - shame I couldn't understand what they were singing.

If we end up with the 3 keepers next season, and Foster doesn't get #1 I would quite like him to go to a team like Villa (on loan, obviously) - they need a decent keeper and have a good manager who will build a really decent team, could be the next step up from just parrying shot after shot for what equates to a sub standard championship team. Or of course, any similar team aslong as he gets first team. If he isnt going to be playing here he may aswell play elsewhere, aslong as hes getting the right experience he needs.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Goes without saying ofc, but I'd snatch your hands off for a draw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well that's the way i'm feeling atm, but that's unusual for me, i'm normally quite positive, except for when it comes to europe ofc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right, ATTENTION JULES/JOE:

it seems i inadvertently did apply for milan away (didn't think my online app had gone through) and lo and behold, i've got a bloody ticket icon_biggrin.gif

i definitely can't go, financially out of the question so it's all yours (one of you) for the princely sum of £36.05 (i can probably waive the 5p tbf). let me know asap, else i'll shift it elsewhere as i really need the cash.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

also love the way they go on about the carling cup thing as if it's some new policy that will benefit us. usually the opposition club veto reductions anyway, and when they don't we've had much more than a 25% discount. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

added to the fact that this year many could opt not to buy the cup tickets.

it's weird how there are so many exhilarating, enjoyable on-pitch goings-on and possibilities atm and yet off the pitch the club are pretty much f**king me off with every single thing they're doing (ticket prices, moving the reserves, the atrocious website and probably loads more).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

haha, just seen this from the Mirror:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MANCHESTER City legend Mike Summerbee has come up with a novel way of stopping Manchester United next weekend.

City must score to avoid going down in history as the team with fewest top-flight goals at home in a season and Summerbee says locking United in their dressing-room until kick-off might help. He explained: "I don't think we should allow visiting teams to warm up on the pitch. Keep them in the dressingroom until just before kick-off.

Even some of the best players would bottle it having to run out in front of 40-odd thousand." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's serious isn't he? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't surprise me if he was serious. Can't fecking stand that bloke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, he's only one logical step away from succeeding. Just don't unlock the dressing room until after the game.

Although with City's forward line, my money would still be on 0-0.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But even that was overshadowed by the Frenchman informing the press that he tells Cristiano Ronaldo before training every day: "If you do your stepovers on me I will kill you. I will break your legs and rip up your shirt. I am not here for you to take the mickey out of me." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair play young man! Gone up in my estimations by a long way! icon14.gif

Archived