The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Is it James M who is getting a (bit of) a season ticket out of me if he does. Or is it another james?

And he still hasn't bothered to tell me how much they cost icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haw! http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=43269&...e=1020&bPreview=true

come one Torres

1. Hate Alex Ferguson - nah just want a change

2. Hate Carlos Queiroz - yeah, not good enough

3. Hate David Gill - no, what's the point?

4. Hate the Glazers - no what's the point?

5. Hate Rio Ferdinand - no

6. Hate Darren Fletcher - no, just not good enough. should go to Celtic or Bolton

7. Hate 90% of their fellow Utd fans - yeah

8. Hate scousers but see no discrepancy between this and 9) - yeah, if the Scousers are Liverpoo fans, not Scousers in general. Apart from Bigley and Cilla Black.

9. Love Wayne Rooney - yeeah

10. Love Ruud (despite him being a slapped arse, past-it LIAR who's been looking for a move with years) - meh, sooner Cronaldo went, tbh

11. Once loved but now hate Ronaldo. - never loved him, greasy kunt

12. Love Paul Scholes - pre penfold, yeah

13. Love Brian Kidd - no

14. Love Ole - grateful, but not love.

15. Love Heinze - not really

• 2 weeks later...

VDS and Vidic = Awesome, Vidic one of my favourite Premiership player's already - mainly because some idiotic TIMES (yes, the TIMES) journalist came him 4/10 when you beat Arsenal 2-0 at home. Why? Why? Why?

Park = Promising

Evra = Just Wierd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richie J:

Liam Miller looking like the new Roy Keane </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks more like Gary Neville. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really does

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Another Brit stag party claimed Ferdinand

was a "top fella" who told them 'I don't care

if any Mancs are listening... I'd go back to West

Ham at the drop of a hat - I ****ing loved

the place.' There are 21 days until the start

of the new season.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you spend too much time on ri

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I might head down to OT on my dinner tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get my a signed shirt then kthx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Apart from being a drug cheat of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean Senna? afaik he was found to have small traces of a drug which helps combat asthma - we're hardly talking Ben Johnson here.

Him and Scholesy should get on well. Added bonus for the Glazers of being able to save money on inhalers icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny how pretty much every sportsman who ever tested positive for something performance enhancing either didn't know a thing about it, was spiked, or 'accidentally' took it in an over the counter medicine, isn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

If Chelsea made a 'name your price' offer for Rio, what would you do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell them to feck off.

kernt or not, we simply can't sell him - especially to them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

nah wouldnt get the 192

get the 42 instead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to get the 42 to work.

Has anyone mentioned that the Rooney decision is a joke yet? I've only just heard.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh yeah also was it me or was there some Ronaldo song about England being sh*te?

If so - what is it exactly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he plays on the left,

he plays on the right,

that boy ronaldo

makes england look *****?

now miller has gone then krifb is probably now the worse player in the squad icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

like ive said many times before, its nothing to do with any off the field apparent personality traits

its the plain and simple fact he is UTTER UTTER FOOTBALLING TRIPE .. and scoring a jammy goal like today is easily enough to make Fergie think picking him in the team more often is a good idea.

icon13.gif

from today's Guardian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">David Beckham has given his strongest hint yet that he would be prepared to bury the hatchet with Sir Alex Ferguson, opening up the possibility of a return to Old Trafford in the summer should Manchester United want him. Beckham's contract expires on June 30, 2007, when he will become available on a free transfer, aged 32.

While Real Madrid's president, Ramón Calderón, has insisted on numerous occasions that Beckham is close to signing a new deal, it is extremely unlikely that there will be any agreement before January 1, when Beckham will officially be free to talk to other clubs.

Despite Beckham's public declarations of commitment to Real Madrid, formal negotiations over a new deal simply never took place over two years of false starts and institutional chaos at Real Madrid. When talks did finally begin this month, it became clear that an important financial gap separated the two camps. Beckham has now started only one of the last six games and last weekend admitted he was growing frustrated at the Bernabéu.

"I love playing football and if I don't do that, I can't be happy," Beckham said. "I feel frustrated as a footballer. I go over it again and again and can't find an explanation. It's really hard when I don't play and I feel sad every day. My future doesn't depend on [Fabio] Capello but if he says I am not going to play, then that's different."

With Capello privately insisting that he sees Beckham as no more than a sqaud player, the Englishman's departure looks more likely than ever. The question now is where he could go. Ferguson's continued presence at Old Trafford has always been considered the greatest impediment to Beckham making a return to United.

In his autobiography, Beckham blames Ferguson for his departure in 2003, describing the Scot's bitter reaction to a missed free-kick against Real Madrid in the spring of that year as the moment he realised that he had to leave.

"His face told me everything I needed to know," Beckham wrote. "It's over. He wants me out." Now, though, he has admitted: "Perhaps [Ferguson] didn't want me to leave - and I don't believe that he would have wished me to have had no success. I have known Ferguson since I was 12 years old and we have only had one or two problems in all that time."

Beckham has also praised Ferguson's coaching style, insisting that Madrid can succeed with Capello precisely because of his similarities to the Scot. "I like Capello because he is the coach who is most like Ferguson," he said. "He is strict in training, in the team hotel in the preparation for matches, in everything. That is how I like things to be."

And, with three trophyless seasons at Real Madrid contrasting with his time at United, the former England captain has even explained away the infamous flying boot incident as an unfortunate accident and praised the Old Trafford atmosphere created by his former manager.

"[The flying boot] was an accident after a bad game against Arsenal. It just was a gesture of frustration from the coach," Beckham said.

"It's difficult to explain the lack of success [at Madrid] but sometimes if you are not a team then it is difficult. I was at Manchester United for 15 years and every day, in every game, every season we were a team. We won together and we lost together."

Beckham added: "Going out to eat together is very important and we don't do it enough at Madrid. At United we used to go out together every fortnight - all the players eating together, even including Ferguson and all the coaching staff sometimes. But here it is different. In the three years I have been here we have only done it four times."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Did you really think that KR might make an impression this season Jimlad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this was yesterday and it detracts from the whole "who is the new foobr?" debate (which clearly deserves a thread of its own) but I've not been online since, and the answer is that I really though he might really buck up his ideas and show some quality this season. So far I've clearly been shown to be massively wrong in that (mostly hopeful) assessment!

Anyway on to other things, I was watching the CL highlights this morning and a few other potentail targets were jogged back into focus:

Dan De Rossi from Roma - no introduction needed but he's a tough nut CM & has a hell of a shot.

Nery Alberto Castillo from Olympiacos - Left winger, beyond rapid and pretty skillful from what I've seen. Also has about four nationalities so thats a comedy tug of war in itself.

Aruna Kone - Striker at PSV, always looked as though he has potential to be very good when I've seen him.

Anyway, just another couple of names into the mix...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jesus, stand up and support your team, worst song ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who sang that? didnt hear villa fans sing that, they sang something about support your local club.

Anyway neither team deserved to win in my opinion and it looked like a nailed on draw until Ole did what noone else is capable of comes off the bench and rescues us.

Henke looked a class apart although he wasnt helped at all by a Rooney that is in clear need of a rest, honestly if Ole was fit enough why didnt Ferguson rest Rooney and play Ole in the first place? Ah well at least we through, Blackburn or Bolton away in next round please.

MoM: Henke

2nd: Evra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

Great save from Kuszack, Charlton are doing well, we are very complacent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arenaross:

How likely is it you'd allow Bardsley to leave, presuming we came in with a decent bid for him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very. you'll probably get him for like £1million in the summer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Christ if we let Chelsea overhaul us now we'll never hear the end of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true. I dont know why though. It's only a 6 point gap for f**ks sake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Jesus Christ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took that a bit serious there didn't I?

Sorry, just had to write a very formal email and I left my very serious head on...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Cup final ticket prices

Cheapest are £35, best are £95 and the majority graduated in between.

Just been announced on SSN and Brian Blimp..... sorry Barwick commented how he thought they were "reasonable". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...

Archived