The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

If Torres has any sense he'll turn them down and come to us.

It's not just about going to the club who will give you the most money, it's about playing football. Torres loves to play the game and hopefully he'll see us as a club where he'll have the ability to play on a more regular basis and become a legend rather than being replaced by the next flavour of the month next year.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

We could lock the thread every Tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm sure i'm missing something obvious here... why tuesdays? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why must everyone assume there's a reason behind my inane ramblings? icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

...every time he scored, he had a smile on his face and you knew it meant the world to him, especially the penalty against Arsenal.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

I want hargreaves at arsenal icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfeckin'lucky, then. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

things can change mate icon_wink.gif

This "we have midfielders who can do a job up there" rubbish can **** right off as well btw - so we're short on numbers in one area of the pitch, and we're now going to weaken that further by asking some of the few players we do have in that area to do a job elsewhere?

I've had enough of square ****ing pegs in round ****ing holes

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I only properly saw the 2nd half today but Fletcher actually looked rather good (certainly by his winger standards) on the right icon14.gif

Huge workrate and some decent link up play without too much giving the ball away etc. dfifb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He adds nothing to the offensive icon_frown.gif

His workrate helped him look good defensively, i even thought at one point "nicely done Fletch" but that was in our own half and doing the defensive job, not the offense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You’ve the likes of me, mark, taz, nick and terry C. discussing the real issues in a mature manner, with the rest of you scrabbling around like so many delinquents in a playground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick is honoured to have just been named in such esteemed company. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed icon_cool.gif

Although I suspect once I say I agree with the 'Ole was fb on the right that season and, in that formation, WAS a long-term option there pre-injury' view, I'll be disowned by that illustrious company icon13.gif

Gents, I thought I would post this in here rather than opening a new thread.

I am coming to Old Trafford for the Eng - Macedonia game on Sat 7th Oct.

We are getting the train to Manchester Picadilly. How do i get to OT from there? I understand that there is a metro/train link to the station, does it run often?

The game is a 5pm kick off, so we should be out by 7pm. My train leaves picadilly at 7.50 - what is the best/quickest way to get back to picadilly?

Cheers guys, i have only drove to OT before, public transport scares me...

Any help appriciated.. icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed

"A Club may at its discretion use three substitute players at any time in a match. Substitution can only be made when play is stopped for any reason and the Referee has given permission. A maximum of five substitutes may be nominated and they must be included on the Official Team Sheet handed to the Referee before the match."

Those are the rules for the youth cup, it won't be different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

If SAF gets even a tiny whiff of Mika optimism he’ll be resting players quicker than you can say ‘O’Shea and Richardson in midfield, Fletcher wide right and Tommy K in at right back for a laugh’ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Imagine the reaction if I text the team news to the wall and it has Richardson in it...

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Oh one other thing Taz, Boulahrouz did his medial knee ligaments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky twats, we would never be so lucky as to lose KR to an injury like that.

Watch Chelsea go and replace him with some £30m defender now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jose said he'd rather play his 55 year old Assistant there than sign someone icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, he surely has to bring someone in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said he'd rather play his assistant than pay well over the odds for someone, which is not the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

MotM: Ronaldo

Runner-up: Vidic

Credit must also go to Scholes and Carrick who made all the right decisions.

Ronaldo is turning into something of a game-opener. This isn't the first time he has broken open the scoring against a team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

i wouldve gone with 94 99 03 07 tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

Ruud icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

Though 2003 really was the start of the transitional period between the 1999 team and the current side I guess, I'd probably put it at the end of the 1999 side if anything. One description I remember of that season was that it was the last stand of a great side, and as it turned out, I think that was quite accurate.

But still, what a side :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Saha was utterly abysmal, worst i've ever seen him play - no first touch, no movement, no effort or workrate and never looked like scoring the chances he had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't mince your words Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was utterly infuriating. he has these days like today all too regularly (albeit not quite on this scale), just a complete waste of space when he's in that mood.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I'm not construction savvy so can I just make sure that I understand what a "cantilevered stand" would entail?: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that to do with basically allowing the roof to be there without having the being supported by pillars unlike at Goodison etc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

chubbed for Chelsea. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't get through. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm guessing when you got through you found out you'd been chubbed?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

wp wilbie btw who threw some notes on scholes scoring iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Shall pay for my night out tonight.

Performance of champions today lads, it's ours.

and yeah, i'd much rather be home first. keep it tight, don't concede any away goals and then pick them off on the counter in the second leg. if we played as we should play that'd be even more the case. as it is, with our current style, i can almost picture 0-0 in Rome and then them picking us off as we desperately try to manafacture a goal using our brilliant 451 at OT.

If you get to that situation again then might be worth offering turnstile bloke a sly tenner if your attempt at jibbing doesn't work and there's none of the ob in view - he's got nowt to lose by letting you push through after all his clicks would still add up and he's got all ticket stubs from people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

nah, the paedo stuff is no way as constant at keith. iirc noone else "banters" with me as much as you do, whereas keith gets it from everyone. if keith told me to stop it then I would, if I told you to stop it, will you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it upsets you & makes you want to self harm then yes I will. ****ing hell just tell me to **** off or kick me in the balls or something.

being sat where i do for that Carrick goal was very very special. following the line of the shot and then jerking my head back the other way as it struck the inner side-netting :*)

same thing for Rio's vs Liverpool in the other corner actually

Archived