The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

BBC's chief football writer reakons that the Torres deal is pretty much done. He heard a whisper from an ex-premier player who is apparently was one of the best imports in the last 25 years.

Here

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Daaaaaaaaaave so boring, **** off to your own thread.

Franny, you're a red anyway tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:************************************(

• 2 weeks later...

STOP THE PRESS

Some good news icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gab's Spain snub

By ERIC BEAUCHAMP

BARCELONA have joined Real Madrid in the £10million hunt for Gabriel Heinze.

But the Manchester United left-back, 28, does not want to quit Old Trafford.

The Argie defender insists he wants to repay boss Alex Ferguson for backing him through his injury turmoil last season.

Heinze said: “I’m settled in Manchester and haven’t thought about leaving Old Trafford. I’ve heard about the interest in me from Spain and I’m proud to hear a club like Real Madrid are thinking of me.

“It’s a great compliment and would make any professional happy.

“But United and the coach stood by me when I had a knee injury last season and couldn’t play and, if they want me to continue, that is what I will do.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously it's the Sun, but there's quotes \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Anyone coming FC vs AFC Wimbledon this Saturday? £7 in, think Mart said he might be, should be good craic with the Wombles and a top atmosphere icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rip off Sunday League sides are better & thats free </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concessions are £5 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

in all seriousness, I don't see tevez working out for you guys. his game is actually quite like rooney's...the two of them play direct, attacking football causing havoc in defenses but you wouldn't have anyone in the box waiting to capitalise on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's right. Tevez is no way a direct Ruud replacement. We need a striker like Klose, someone who will do most of his work inside the penalty area.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i watched him a lot for bayern when i was in germany. i always said he was far better than all the stick he got in the english press and wasn't surprised by how he did in the world cup, but at the same time from what i have seen i still don't think he is worth more than £8-9m tops. so id say i dont fit into any of those categories because i am both rational and informed. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You did?

not too sure about hargreaves really, i dont think hes a top player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and those are contradictory how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was the best I could find icon_frown.gif

Die search function etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

like i said, assist stat is so stupid. why exactly are you tracking them anyway taz? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we did it last year, its just a nice stat to look at whether it means anything or not and someone asked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

"But at Bayern Munich the chances of playing there are so much bigger, with Michael Ballack gone and Owen Hargreaves close to leaving the club." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and so? that quote has already been denied. I´ll bet you 10pounds as well if you want?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Tomorrow before the Brazil/Argentina game you mean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought that was on sunday?

but yeh javier to manchester

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I was actually born in Sarf London but moved up to sunny Stockport at the age of 2. My dad never really followed football. Enjoyed watching it but didn't support a team.

So basically it came down to the primary school I was at. I had to choose a club and the majority supported Man Utd. So I became the proverbial sheep and followed.

The first season that I can really remember was 93/94 with us beating chelsea 4-0 in the FA cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which school? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tithe Barn Primary. Followed by Priestnall Secondary and Parrswood 6th Form.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The thing is, Smith needs games. We need him to have games and Cardiff also need cover at striker.

At the moment, we cant really give him games and the reserves isnt a good enough standard to get him to the levels he needs to be at, so a short term loan would be a good thing.

Ideally, what i'd like to see happen would be a month-to-month or season long loan deal being agreed, with us being able to recall him at any time should we require it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

dammit why hasn't Ryan posted icon_frown.gif

I might go to Lens vs Lille on Jan 13th for fun, not decided yet, but if I do, I'll let any prospective train travellers know about all the fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it was you who changed his name to 'Didier Drogba IFB' then? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me? never icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Evra thanks Fergie

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra insists he never considered leaving even when he found it hard to break into the team.

Evra has started to show something of his true form after a difficult start to his Old Trafford career last season.

The Frenchman arrived from Monaco last January, but he struggled to establish himself as a regular in Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team plans.

Evra has emerged as United's first-choice left-back this term and the classy defender has thanked Sir Alex Ferguson for keeping faith in him.

"I never knew Guy Roux, but I believe Alex Ferguson and him have almost the same methods," Evra told L'Equipe.

"Ferguson is very close to his players and protects them. He is the father of our team. He knew I would endure a difficult time at first, but he was thinking to the future. He said: 'Pat, next season I will ask you your best'.

The 25-year-old revealed he never thought of leaving United and he also paid tribute to fellow Frenchmen Louis Saha and Mikael Silvestre for helping him settle into life at Old Trafford

"I never thought about leaving. I am obstinate, leaving would have been a defeat, and asking myself too many questions about my level would have been dangerous.

"I thank Louis Saha and Mika Silvestre for their help. Since the first day, Mika welcomed me and helped me a lot during daily life. I have never saw such a professional player like him."

Evra also revealed that Ferguson has been encouraging him to be more attack-minded.

"I have not changed my style in football, I just feel more powerful than before and that gives me more trust," continued Evra.

"After a match when I didn't take enough attacking risk, Ferguson told me: 'Pat, why did I buy you?' I replied: 'To attack.' He said: 'So, what are you doing?'

"I have to find the right balance, but the technical staff want me to participate in attacks." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So basically Evra's form is down to me :*********)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Purvis:

The Strawberry's on the other side of the ground.

Might have been The Trent House. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More likely The Black Bull, I reckon.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nah, I disagree, poor is the wrong word to use, he's played well for the team, just he hasn't been scoring as much as we'd all like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No poor is exactly right. Goalscoring isnt his only problem. Yes his work rate has been the usual but his passing is off, his shooting way off and more often than not he has been picking the wrong option in situations.

All kids go through stints like this and i have no doubt he will eventually get back to his best but he has been poor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

*only shocks are

Glad to see Heinze playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but i'd rather Evra. Now we have zero attacking threat down the left.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh and who else missed the goal? I was drinking a pint and Nick also missed it, looked up and BAM it's in icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was turning to post on the board. Wasn't expecting a quick one. We never normally take them quick icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Roma reaction to the draw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Francesco Totti: “Manchester United are just an incredible team. They have got a fantastic tradition and it will be an honour to play against them in the quarter finals. Clearly, it won’t be easy, but I’m pretty sure that we will make it, and progress in the competion. Honestly, I would have preferred a derby with AC Milan.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Roma President Rosella Sensi: "Totti is better than Ronaldo.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she is a woman tbf 'icon_rolleyes.gif'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">David Pizarro: “Ronaldo is an excellent player but he has a long way to go to achieve what Totti has in the game.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. you've got to bottle it on the big stage loads more yet Ronnie icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Roma coach Luciano Spalletti: “The dual between Ronaldo and Mancini will be fascinating. They both have speed, technique and invention. Ronaldo showed what he could do with that run down the left to cross for Henrik Larsson’s goal against Lille. But Mancini stole the show with the second goal against Lyon, so you’d say he’s ahead of Ronaldo right now. Liverpool were the ones who did really well in the last round. Manchester struggled a bit.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Spalletti again: "Unlike us, Man Utd have a lot of experience in this competition and a lot of tradition. They are a very strong team, they have a young side that have individual quality, a big team spirit and is one of the most complete teams in the competition. But we have do what we did against Lyon, we have to be convinced for our worth and be optimistic about our chances. After all, our football is more technical and better tactically than English football. I have confidence in my team, we have every intention of going all the way. It will certainly be good practice for the game against Man Utd (to face AC Milan 3 days before)" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The United Thread Stat-tacular 2006-7: OH WANKY WANKY

Appearances:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Total |

| | | | | |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | 26 | 8 | 1 | | 35 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 24 | 6 | 3 | | 33 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 19(2) | 3(2) | 2(1) | 0(1) | 24(6) |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 9(5) | 3(1) | 3 | 2 | 17(6) |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 29 | 6(1) | 4 | | 39(1) |

6. Wes BROWN | 9(5) | 3 | 3 | 2 | 17(5) |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 26(1) | 7 | 3(1) | 1 | 37(2) |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 26(1) | 8 | 2(2) | 1 | 37(3) |

9. Louis SAHA | 18(6) | 5(1) | 2 | | 25(7) |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 21(2) | 4 | 3 | | 28(2) |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 7(6) | 0(1) | 4 | | 11(7) |

14. Alan SMITH | 0(1) | 0(3) | | 2 | 2(4) |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 23 | 7 | 3 | | 33 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 22(3) | 8 | 4 | | 34(3) |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 5(2) | 2 | 3(1) | | 10(3) |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 23 | 7(1) | 1(1) | | 31(2) |

19. Giuseppe ROSSI | | | | | |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 6(6) | 1(3) | 3(1) | 1 | 11(10) |

21. DONG Fangzhuo | | | | | |

22. John O'SHEA | 11(14)| 4(3) | 2(1) | 1 | 18(18) |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 4(5) | 0(3) | 1 | 2 | 7(8) |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 12(6) | 3(2) | 2(2) | 1 | 18(10) |

25. David JONES | | | | 2 | 2 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 6(8) | 3 | 2 | 2 | 13(8) |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | 4 | | 4 | 2 | 10 |

34. Ryan SHAWCROSS | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

36. David GRAY | | | | 1 | 1 |

41. Philip MARSH | | | | 1 | 1 |

42. Michael BARNES | | | | 0(1) | 0(1) |

49. Ritchie JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Goalscorers:

| | | | | |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 16 | | 1 | | 17 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 12 | | 3 | | 15 |

9. Louis SAHA | 8 | 4 | 1 | | 13 |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 6 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 10 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 4 | 2 | | | 6 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 5 | 1 | | | 6 |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 4 | | | | 4 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 3 | 1 | | | 4 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 3 | | | | 3 |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 1 | 1 | 1 | | 3 |

22. John O'SHEA | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 1 | | 1 | | 2 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 1 | | | | 1 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | | | 1 | | 1 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 1 | | | | 1 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | | 1 | | | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 1 | | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

Own Goals | 2 | | | | 2 |

| | | | | |

Totals | 70 | 12 | 10 | 2 | 94 |

</pre>

Penalties:

7. Cristiano RONALDO 3/4

9. Louis SAHA 3/4

</pre>

Penalties won:

7. Cristiano RONALDO 3

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

8. Wayne ROONEY 1

11. Ryan GIGGS 1

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER 1

</pre>

Assists:

7. Cristiano RONALDO 14

8. Wayne ROONEY 11

11. Ryan GIGGS 10

9. Louis SAHA 9

2. Gary NEVILLE 4

3. Patrice EVRA 4

16. Michael CARRICK 3

6. Wes BROWN 2

13. PARK Ji-Sung 2

14. Alan SMITH 2

18. Paul SCHOLES 2

23. Kieran RICHARDSON 2

24. Darren FLETCHER 2

4. Gabriel HEINZE 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER 1

22. John O'SHEA 1

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 1

49. Ritchie JONES 1

</pre>

At Fault For Goal:

5. Rio FERDINAND 4

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 4

2. Gary NEVILLE 3

4. Gabriel HEINZE 2

22. John O'SHEA 2

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR 1

3. Patrice EVRA 1

6. Wes BROWN 1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1

16. Michael CARRICK 1

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK 1

</pre>

Clean Sheets:

Charlton away (EPL)

Tottenham home (EPL)

Benfica away (CL)

Newcastle home (EPL)

FC Kobenhavn home (CL)

Liverpool home (EPL)

Bolton away (EPL)

Portsmouth home (EPL)

Blackburn away (EPL)

Everton home (EPL)

Aston Villa away (EPL)

Watford home (EPL)

Tottenham away (EPL)

Charlton home (EPL)

Lille away (CL)

Liverpool away (EPL)

Lille home (CL)

</pre>

Yellow Cards:

| | | | | |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 7 | 1 | 1 | | 9 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 7 | 2 | | | 9 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 4 | 2 | | | 6 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 4 | 1 | | 1 | 6 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 3 | 1 | | 1 | 5 |

6. Wes BROWN | 2 | | | 1 | 3 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 1 | 2 | | | 3 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 3 | | | | 3 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 2 | | | | 2 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 2 | | | | 2 |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 1 | | 1 | | 2 |

22. John O'SHEA | 2 | | | | 2 |

9. Louis SAHA | 1 | | | | 1 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | | 1 | | | 1 |

25. David JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | | 1 | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Red Cards:

| | | | | |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 1 | | | | 1 |

</pre>

Average Goals Per Game: 2.91 (128 in 44)

Average Goals Scored Per Game: 2.14 (94 in 44)

Average Goals Conceded Per Game: 0.77 (34 in 44)

Games Won When Scoring First Goal: 29/33 (87.88%)

Games Drawn When Scoring First Goal: 3/33 (9.09%)

Games Lost When Scoring First Goal: 1/33 (3.03%)

Games Won When Conceding First Goal: 5/12 (41.67%)

Games Drawn When Conceding First Goal: 2/12 (16.66%)

Games Lost When Conceding First Goal: 5/12 (41.67%)

Games Won When Leading At Half-Time: 17/19 (89.47%)

Games Drawn When Leading At Half-Time: 2/19 (10.53%)

Games Lost When Leading At Half-Time: 0/19

Games Won When Drawing At Half-Time: 16/24 (66.67%)

Games Drawn When Drawing At Half-Time: 3/24 (12.50%)

Games Lost When Drawing At Half-Time: 5/24 (20.83%)

Games Won When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Games Drawn When Losing At Half-Time: 0/2

Games Lost When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Time of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 11 | | 3 | | 14 |

15 - 30 mins | 10 | | 1 | 1 | 12 |

30 - 45 mins | 9 | 4 | 1 | | 14 |

45 - 60 mins | 12 | 3 | 1 | | 16 |

60 - 75 mins | 16 | 3 | 1 | | 20 |

75 - 90 mins | 14 | 2 | 1 | | 17 |

Extra Time | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Time of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 2 | | | | 2 |

15 - 30 mins | 1 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 5 |

30 - 45 mins | 4 | 1 | 1 | | 6 |

45 - 60 mins | 2 | | 1 | | 3 |

60 - 75 mins | 5 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 9 |

75 - 90 mins | 6 | 1 | 1 | | 8 |

Extra Time | | | | | |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 13 | 6 | 2 | | 21 |

Right foot | 46 | 2 | 6 | 2 | 55 |

Head | 12 | 4 | | | 16 |

Opponent | 2 | | | | 2 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 63 | 9 | 5 | 1 | 78 |

Outside area | 9 | 3 | 3 | 1 | 16 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 61 | 7 | 7 | 2 | 77 |

Set piece | 6 | 3 | | | 9 |

Direct freekick | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

Penalty | 4 | 1 | 1 | | 6 |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 7 | 4 | | | 11 |

Right foot | 9 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 14 |

Head | 4 | | 4 | | 8 |

United player | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 16 | 2 | 6 | | 24 |

Outside area | 5 | 3 | | 2 | 10 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 15 | 3 | 3 | 1 | 22 |

Set piece | 2 | | 3 | | 5 |

Direct freekick | 1 | 2 | | 1 | 4 |

Penalty | 3 | | | | 3 |

</pre>

Form

Last Six (All comps): WWWWDW

Last Six (Prem/ship): WWWWWW

Home (All comps): WWWDWW

Home (Prem/ship): WWWWWW

Away (All comps): WWWWWD

Away (Prem/ship): WDLWWW

Games Unbeaten: 12 (all comps), 6 (premiership)

Consecutive Wins: 1 (all comps), 6 (premiership)

</pre>

Attendances:

Highest - 76,073, vs Aston Villa (Premiership, 13/01/07)

Lowest - 70,608, vs Reading (FA Cup, 17/02/07)

Total - 1,650,019 (22 games)

Average - 75,001

Part-Timer Watch:

Sevilla home - BBB left early, missed two goals

Portsmouth home - BBB flogged his ticket to feed his chocolate habit

Dubiously-legal female charity collectors ogled from the wall:

Ten

Delicacies enjoyed at the wall:

Beer

Pork pies

<STRIKE>Cheesecake</STRIKE>

Jammy dodgers

Forthcoming Fixtures

19.03.07 Middlesbrough (H) FA Cup Quarter Final Replay

31.03.07 Blackburn Rovers (H) Premiership

04.04.07 AS Roma (A) Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg

07.04.07 Portsmouth (A) Premiership

10.04.07 AS Roma (H) Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg

15.04.07 Chelsea (A) Premiership*

*may be rearranged due to FA Cup Semi commitments

</pre>

CAREER STATS

Appearances:

| Prem | EUR | FAC | TCC | Other | Total |

| | | | | | |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 439(58)| 99(6) | 50(7) | 25(5) | 12(1) | 625(77) |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 349(15)| 100(6) | 41(3) | 16(1) | 8(1) | 514(26) |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 300(64)| 88(12)| 24(10)| 11(5) | 10 | 433(91) |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 148(80)| 35(44)| 15(13)| 8(3) | 6(3) | 212(143)|

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 222(24)| 60(7) | 19(2) | 13(1) | 7 | 321(34) |

6. Wes BROWN | 133(21)| 37(6) | 22(2) | 16(1) | | 208(30) |

22. John O'SHEA | 123(33)| 34(11)| 14(2) | 17(1) | 1(1) | 189(48) |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 144(1) | 36(1) | 13(1) | 9(1) | 1 | 203(4) |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 90(32)| 25(3) | 15(3) | 8 | | 138(38) |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 70(15)| 18(7) | 9(6) | 10 | 0(1) | 107(29) |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 84(8) | 19 | 10(3) | 5(2) | | 118(13) |

9. Louis SAHA | 46(23)| 6(6) | 5(3) | 9 | | 66(32) |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | 64 | 16 | 3 | 3 | | 86 |

14. Alan SMITH | 37(16)| 10(6) | 0(5) | 4(2) | 1 | 52(29) |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 16(19)| 5(10)| 7(1) | 11(2) | 0(1) | 39(33) |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 37(7) | 12(1) | 7 | 4 | | 60(8) |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 30(17)| 0(7) | 5(1) | 3 | | 38(25) |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 32(2) | 7 | 5 | 0(2) | | 44(4) |

3. Patrice EVRA | 26(6) | 3(2) | 2(2) | 1(2) | | 32(12) |

16. Michael CARRICK | 22(3) | 8 | 4 | | | 34(3) |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 5(2) | 2 | 3(1) | | | 10(3) |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | 4 | | 4 | 2 | | 10 |

</pre>

Goals:

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Other | Total |

| | | | | | |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 98 | 25 | 10 | 7 | | 140 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 94 | 22 | 12 | 8 | | 136 |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 90 | 20 | 8 | 7 | | 125 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 39 | 4 | 6 | 2 | | 51 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 34 | 1 | 7 | 2 | | 44 |

9. Louis SAHA | 23 | 4 | 3 | 7 | | 37 |

14. Alan SMITH | 7 | 2 | | 1 | 1 | 11 |

22. John O'SHEA | 7 | 1 | 1 | 1 | | 10 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 6 | 2 | 1 | | 1 | 10 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 1 | 2 | 3 | 3 | | 9 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 5 | 2 | | | | 7 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 7 | | | | | 7 |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 5 | | | 1 | | 6 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 1 | 2 | 1 | | | 4 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 4 | | | | | 4 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 3 | 1 | | | | 4 |

17. Henrik LARSSON | 1 | 1 | 1 | | | 3 |

6. Wes BROWN | 1 | 1 | | | | 2 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 1 | | 1 | | | 2 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 1 | | | | | 1 |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | | | | | | 0 |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | | | | | | 0 |

</pre>

Potential Milestones:

* Ryan GIGGS needs three more appearances to reach 500 in the Premiership

* Ryan GIGGS is one away from 100 European starts

* Gary NEVILLE is one away from 350 Premiership starts

* Ole SOLSKJAER is two away from 150 Premiership starts

* PARK Ji-Sung is three away from 50 Premiership appearances

* Nemanja VIDIC is two away from 50 United appearances

* Mikael SILVESTRE is four away from 250 Premiership appearances

* Louis SAHA is two away from 100 United appearances

* Ryan GIGGS is two away from 100 Premiership goals. Paul SCHOLES is six away from the same landmark, and Ole SOLSKJAER ten.

* Cristiano RONALDO is six away from reaching 50 United goals.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Reserves Update

Appearances (FAPRL, MSC & LAC): Kieran Lee 19, Michael Lea 14(1), Michael Barnes 13(4), Jamie Mullan 13(2), Tom Heaton 13, Aaron Burns 12(4), Daniel Rose 11, Séan Evans 10(2), Ryan Shawcross 10, Ritchie Jones 9, Alan Smith 9, Craig Cathcart 8(3), Philip Marsh 8(3), Christopher Eagles 8, David Gray 7(1), Dong Fangzhuo 7, Floribert N'Galula 7, David Jones 6, Sam Hewson 4(2), Tomasz Kuszczak 4, James Chester 3, Kieran Richardson 2, Thomas Cleverley 1(1), Lee Crockett 1(1), Wes Brown 1, Richard Eckersley 1, Darren Fletcher 1, Conor McCormack 1, Liam Miller 1, Ji-Sung Park 1, Giuseppe Rossi 1, Mikael Silvestre 1, Danny Simpson 1, Ron-Robert Zieler 1, Febian Brandy (6), Christy Fagan (3), Antonio Bryan (1), Daniel Drinkwater (1), Magnus Wolff Eikrem (1)

Scorers: Burns 7, Marsh 7, Barnes 3, Brandy 2, Rossi 2, Eagles 1, S Evans 1, Gray 1, D Jones 1, Lea 1, Lee 1, Richardson 1, Rose 1, Shawcross 1, Smith 1, own goals 1 (Webster, Wigan)

Premier Reserve League North Table:

P W D L F A GD Pts

2. Man City Res 13 7 2 4 23 15 +8 23

3. B'burn Res 14 6 4 4 12 9 +3 22

4. Man Utd Res 13 6 3 4 19 13 +8 21

</pre>

Recent Results:

15.03.07 Sheffield United (H) 0-3

06.03.07 Wigan Athletic (A) 0-2

01.03.07 Newcastle United (H) 3-0 (Barnes, Mullan, Eagles)

Forthcoming Fixtures:

19.03.07 Oldham Athletic (H), Manchester Seniors Cup @ Carrington (2pm)

22.03.07 Everton (H), Barclays Premier Reserve League North @ Hyde (7pm)

27.03.07 Everton (A), Barclays Premier Reserve League North @ Everton (7pm)

Academy Update

Appearances (Academy and FAYC): Christy Fagan 25(2), James Chester 25, Febian Brandy 23(1), Richard Eckersley 21, Daniel Drinkwater 20(4), Sam Hewson 19(2), Benjamin Amos 19, James Derbyshire 18(3), Craig Cathcart 17, Magnus Wolff Eikrem 13(3), Thomas Cleverley 14(2), Daniel Galbraith 14(2), Daniel Welbeck 13(11), Antonio Bryan 13(9), Conor McCormack 12(4), Corry Evans 9(6), Ron-Robert Zieler 9(1), Kenny Strickland 8(1), Michael Lea 7, Nicky Ajose 3(2), Joseph Dudgeon 3, Oliver Norwood 1(2), Séan Evans 1, Scott Moffatt 1, Jamie Mullan 1, Matthew James (5)

Scorers: Brandy 13, Fagan 9, Welbeck 8, Hewson 7, Bryan 3, Cathcart 2, Drinkwater 2, Ajose 1, Chester 1, Eikrem 1, Evans 1, Galbraith 1, Lea 1

U18 Academy Group C Table (as of 15/3/07):

P W D L F A GD Pt

5. Crewe Yth 23 9 2 12 37 44 -7 29

6. Man Utd Yth 22 8 4 10 40 37 3 28

7. L'pool Yth 21 5 7 10 20 26 -6 22

</pre>

Recent Results:

17.03.07 Middlesbrough (H) 2-0 (Fagan, Welbeck)

14.03.07 Arsenal (A) 0-1

10.03.07 Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2 (S Evans)

Forthcoming Fixtures:

24.03.07 Barnsley (A), Academy @ Barnsley

28.03.07 Liverpool (H), Academy @ The Cliff, Salford

02.04.07 Arsenal (H), FA Youth Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg @ Old Trafford

goals for park x2, rooney x2. assists for ronaldo x3, smith. yellow card for homohair. no affg, it wasn't a penalty, f**k off wiley.

Rooney's first today was his 50th for us, wp Wayne icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>not for the last 6 weeks he hasn't. no fault really on him tonight, but you can see him slipping, a bit like Lehmann at Arsenal. Could well be age catching up with them after a long season, and if they can't handle it, they shouldn't be playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the last 6 weeks we haven't had a defence, he made two mistakes a few weeks ago and now he "shouldn't be playing" wtf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stfu you po faced moron, he isn't and was never Big Pete, so why shouldn't he go? He isn't "fb" at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahaha you want to play without a gk then? because no-one is "big Pete".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swfcrule4eva:

surely you would have prefered to have won it by beating chelsea next week? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>indeed this was a **** way to win it

Still at least it's over now

Should be a good night on wednesday

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

"why sky likes mancs so much?"

"looking forward to Sky's 10 minute celebratory montage of United's glorius season/Ronaldo-best-player-in-world clips.

of course, they outplayed absolutely everyone this season. they totally outplayed us at Anfield.

icon_rolleyes.gif"

"FFS GIVE Raffa THE MONEY FERGUSONS HAD AN HE WILL DELIVER THE PREM.

point im making is man u have bought the prem."

"icon_rolleyes.gif

the fans gathering behind that reporter really showed what a classy, intelligent bunch they are."

scousers ftw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha where's that from? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i'd be quite excited by that if it wasn't Martin Ferguson. as it is, we'll probably end up with the opposition keeper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Heerenveen keeper got a red card, so I highly doubt it. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't know Martin Ferguson icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Haha can't believe you got a picture of my chatting up those 15 year olds nick icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surprised Keith isn't in there.

The look the guy in the FCUK jumper is giving you though, almost green with envy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I think rather too many of us made secret pacts with the footballing gods with regard to saturday and tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a pact so to say but I had said to many friends I would take defeat in the Cup final as long as Liverpool had lost.

Our season has been awesome anyway. League Champions, FA Cup runner up & CL semi-final going out to the winners.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived