The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Richardson, Giggs, O'Shea, Fletcher.

oh yes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson, Parfitt, F.Rossi, Fletcher icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the **** was Jonah only given 10 minutes? icon_mad.gif

He's blatantly going to get shunted out on loan again after 'failing to impress' in pre-season, while JOS racks up forty appearances in the heart of our midfield. Aaaarrrrrgggh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

We could always bring back Yorkie icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just in case Gaby and Evra get injured icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you not see the World Cup?

It's pretty obvious Yorke is the new Keane.

Hi guys ive only just checked this thread,Im a hardcore Man U fan, I just wanted to give my views on the whole Ruud thing plus our whole situation.

I think this was actually the best time to sell RUd. Ruud and C Ronaldo are my favourite players throughout world footie and i was praying for Ronaldo to stay and as soon as that was resolved then another club wanted another one of our players! But i dont think Ruud is the same man that took on all the Fulham team and scored or the one that sped past campbell at Highbury and scored, I thought he may have been back to his best at Charlton (That chest then volley was amazing!) but it wasnt to be, He isnt as mobile as he once was and i think its because he was rushed back from injury and never looked the same two seasons ago i think its messed up his game a bit, Now saha can never replace a guy that scores over 20 goals a season even if he isnt at his best i think we needed torres but he isnt going anywhere so i think it wilkl be tough to get the premiership back but with two key signings i think we can do it I'd much prefer Mascherano to Carrick but Carrick is still quality.

Final word is that Van the Man saved us so many times and i will never forget what a good player he was but i think hes past it now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

There will be no in game updates from me today as my net is playing up and 8 out of 10 posts take ages to go through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Danny Pugh makes it 1-0 to Preston inside 3 minutes. McShane missed his tackle and it left Preston in and Pugh put it in the top corner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

McShane has horrid hair iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very bad ! And ginga, too. icon_smile.gif

Goalkeeper's ****, though. icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No room for Dazzle?

10 pts. Dwight Yorke

9 pts. Paul Scholes

8 pts. Ruud van Nistelrooy

7 pts. Ryan Giggs

6 pts. Eric Cantona

5 pts. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

4 pts. Teddy Sheringham

3 pts. Gary Neville

2 pts. Steve Bruce

1 pt. Louis Saha

Ups and downs since last year

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Irwin 11

Whiteside 5

Neville (G) 4

Scholes 1

Hughes 1

Cole 1

Cantona 0

Ole 0

Robson 0

McClair 0

Stam 0

Strachan 0

Johnsen 0

Keane -1

Giggs -1

Schmeichel -1

Van Nistelrooy -1

Kanchelskis -1

Silvestre -1

Beckham -2

Butt -2

Coppell -3

Cryuff -4

Bruce -5

McGrath -6

Pallister -7

Ferdinand -8

Ince -11

Heinze -13

Ronaldo -14

Sharpe -21

</pre>

What's Sharpie done to upset everyone? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrgrapefruits:

The following takes place between 12:00 am and Midnight on the last day of the English transfer Window. Events occur in real time. icon_cool.gif

00:00

We have signed no on-one - 1,440 Minutes left </div></BLOCKQUOTE>1 minute to slow icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason I'm not certain about Fletch getting in ahead of O'Shea is the fact that every Scottish player on Weds against Lithuania looked like they'd been run totally ragged, and understandably so since they all ran their socks off.

Add that to the fact that he picked up a slight injury in the game last weekend and I get the feeling Fergie will think that a combination of Davids/Zokora/Taino might be too demanding energy wise after the international games.

• 4 weeks later...

Ant's right here tbh. I quite like Mickey, but he's been more likely to be rubbish than decent for the last couple of years, and he's never ironed out his one major flaw. He's not Richardson bad, but the scorn is understandable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

Would still have been nice to see Ronaldo actually attack the full backs instead of cutting in.

Also, how many corners do we need before we learn how to get the ball past the first man? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st thing to learn: Don't let KR take them.

2nd thing to learn: Don't let KR anywhere near a freakin football pitch.

Then our setpieces will improve, just ask Vidic icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i almost lost faith in vidic being a hardman after he rolled round on the floor like a girl after getting brushed in the face. luckily he redeemed himself by flattening cudicini and then trying to melt frank lampard with his stare. luckily for frank his rolls of flab protected him.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

West Ham V Man Utd last season did it end 1-2 or 1-3?

Scorers Harewood,Rooney,O'Shea?Brown?

Need to know asap, thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2-1 rooney and o shea

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

best left back in the country

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would be incredibly hard to argue against him getting the left-back slot in the Prem team of the season unless his form really falls away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont be silly.

Warnock, Riise, Lauren, Bale, Bridge, Cole, Gallas, Gardner, Konchesky and Powell all better left backs than Evra </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you forgot Gerrard icon_frown.gif

yeah there's been a general rising trend of "we're gonna do it" though - I guess understandable as the season has progressed with us staying top

but another dropping of points tomorrow, being just 3 pts ahead of Chelsea, having much tougher games to play, Chelsea inevitably returning to better form ... I think we should consider a dose of reality.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced the Glazer family would reject any big-money bid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona are both believed to have targeted the brilliant Manchester United winger.

Reports indicate the duo would be prepared to pay a world record £45million to land the 22-year-old, who has been an instrumental figure in the Red Devils' Barclays Premiership title drive this term.

Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill have consistently stated Ronaldo is going nowhere.

However, the suspicion has lingered that owner Malcolm Glazer might be tempted to cash in - given the vast amounts of money he borrowed to complete his controversial takeover in 2005.

Ferguson, though, is confident in the Glazers' desire to keep Ronaldo - who cost what now looks a bargain £12million when United signed him from Sporting Lisbon in 2003.

While he accepts the American family would have the final say over the Portugal international's future, he does not believe there would be any pressure to sell.

"I am very confident the Glazers would not sell," he said.

"We always refer things to them, because they are the owners.

"They would have the final decision - but they have been great. There has been no problem at all."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie's nose still firmly tucked between the Glazers' arse cheeks I see.

And I thought Zidane went for more than £45 million? Still, would anyone actually consider selling at that price? I know it's a bit of stupid question given that we know approximately £1.60 of it would go towards new players...

• 2 weeks later...

"I only listened on the radio at work but have had to deal with a very tearful eight year old son on the phone.......it hurts like hell but let's all look foward to Tuesday.

I still maintain that Liverpool play fairly and I'd much rather have my kids have Gerrard and Carra as role models than Rooney, Scholes and Ronaldo."

tugs at the heartstrings doesn't it :****(

i should really stop reading this

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

by the way i fail to see how booing one of our own players can be seen as a good thing, whether he's **** or not (which he clearly is) that is so cityesque its untrue.

booing our own players + fans leaving early (even in a game as amazing as that) = bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

If you get both no way is Rossi staying. He'll be off to Juve on loan faster than you can say Nani </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are trying to depress me then you are doing a very good job at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Nick, have you pulled a sickie again?

I think you had better swap names with the user Saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having good-but-crippled strikers in your username is seemingly a key to greatness.

Archived