The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Comet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

This whole ***** business with us making no signings does make you wonder. If all it takes for a successful football club (or any sport for that matter) to be destroyed is a lunatic millionare to borrow hundreds of millions of pounds so he/she can then land that debt on the club itself then any club is open to this. I do get the feeling that there won't be any signings this year because we simply cannot afford it.

We have gone from the richest and best run football club in the world to a club with astronomical debts in the matter of a couple of years. And the ironic thing is that it's not as if we've spent without regard on players, the debt just sort of 'magically' appeared.

I worry that the ageing and depleted squad we have will not be able to maintain the form necessary to keep the expected revenue coming in and that the club will suffer as a consequence ala Leeds. So... Nationwide One here we come in a couple of years.

I do hope I am wrong about all this, and that this bl**dy press conference will begin soon to announce our 15 new signings icon_biggrin.gif but that's not very realistic. Realistically, ManU's premiership years are soon to be over.

jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone really needs to get this deleted before Mika reads it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, he's clearly a Mika alias... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is Mika?

I'm just a realistic supporter of a club that used to be the best... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from the debt "magically" appearing maybe? I think we all saw that one coming.

I don;t think its too much a case of not being able to afford signings as much as its a case of some players don't want to coem to a club where you know the manager is probably only going to be there for another season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else feel we missed out on Capello? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly a Mika alias icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still no clue as to who this Mika is... Mika Häkkinen?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-0 means kids on in the second half hopefully icon_cool.gif

Keep Ole on, let him get a hattrick, get Jonah, Eagles and Evans on for Giggs, Fletch and JOS, then Simpson and Gibson a bit later on, and probably Dong for Ole at some point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Didnt Vieira have a great first half of the season and a very poor second in which the Juve fans were getting on his back for his poor performances? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he became the scapegoat for the team's poor performances in general, particularly after Arsenal knocked them out of the CL, and their form started to slide.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I forgot to mention that anyone following up with a jpshakehead.sml.gif in response to the banning is immediately banned from the thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your threats carry no weight in here. You're not in the Buffy thread now. jpshakehead.sml.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

no, a few things.

-the way our youngsters have performed in pre-season. a lot of them look promising and a new manager would disrupt their progress.

-the fact that i now know fergie IS actually looking at players to bring in rather than sitting on his arse.

-carrick to a lesser extent.

-the feeling that, when i look around, i dont see many people around i feel could do a better job.

dunno really. im in a weird mood today regarding united. feeling very 'meh' about ruud too. it just hasn't processed yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do largely agree with that and the last post, I think with Ruud the fact that it has dragged on so long leaves you feeling like that.

I'm reasonably optimistic for now, even with the disappointment of losing Ruud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you optimistic in a Mika sense of the word (i.e. you think we might avoid relegation) or ACTUALLY optimistic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

funny thing was he was saying how fergie had stood by him, brought him to united describing them as the 'greatest club in the...' then stopped, realising he's at a madrid press con </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Was Forlan actually s**t? I remember him not really being able to play with Ruud, but was he just really turd too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasnt half as bad as people make out. He just needed more than the odd game here and there and few minute sub appearences to shine. When he was given a run in the side he usually delivered goals. Though he only ever got one little run in the side.

He netted 17 in 37 starts and 59 sub appearences.

He was a tidy footballer with good passing and nice movement. Was never a goalscorer though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

straight red having already been booked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so we're both right ! kind of </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice try icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

I'd just like to point out that Mart never left early today.

He did however vanish for a while during the second half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beer too much for him?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

so yeah. I still think we edge it. Certainly first XI wise.

But inevitable injuries to Rooney/Scholes/Carrick shall influence things somewhat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rooney played 1 game

carrick is only 1/2 fit

scholes played 1 game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

"A sheppard herds the sheep" That name just screams SBA to me icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well my last name is sheppard so my mates made a pun on it and came up with that. ive used it for many things.

and whats SBA? i really should of learned some OTF history before i started coming in here icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Fergie has apparently denied what Lennon said about Neville saying that he knew Saha would miss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should be a right barrel of nerve-shattering laughs if we get awarded another crucial penalty on Sunday...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

that penalty cost me two predicton points icon_mad.gif

sell Silvestre in Jan please, we don't need him at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But what if Evra and Heinze and O'Shea ALL get injured at the same time? WHO WILL PLAY AT LEFT BACK THEN?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

7 minutes...tissues at the ready </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin will be the same, but with a whole other purpose for the tissues.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

must be reassuring for the scouse fans on here knowing they've always got some clown over the other side of the world ready to step in and maintain their high standards of mongery while they're sleeping :*)

FANTASTIC result , i've een many a european united performance and this tops them all we were absolutley brilliant.

Our midfield was superb (thats something you don't here everyday) and closed their players down and didn't give them any space, can't find enough good things to say about them.

Ronnie, Rooney & Smudge just fb.

yeah Mart when I heard the booing for Richardson I almost fell off my seat laughing icon_biggrin.gif.

MoM: Michael Carrick - the best I have ever seen him play

2nd:Darren Fletcher - again best I have ever seen him play.

Honorbale mentions to everyone else apart from Richardson.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

mark g 52

keyser - 50

SLO_Fila 43

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

MoM: Scholes

Runner-up: Rooney (except his fookin finishing)

AFFG: Meh, whatever.

Giggs utter pants, Rooney's finishing/first touch dire (but the rest of his play was immense today), Fergie for the millionth time not trusting the players and that's that.

Personally if i would be in the team right now i would be gutted with Fergie because what he has been doing against the top teams and in Europe away CLEARLY show he does not have any faith in the players whatsoever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Never had jonny down for a geek boy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you rather I was hanging around on streets harassing old people such as yourself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn't be able to hassle me, the home don't let me out past 6 o'clock.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

nelly trying so hard since his return :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since his rectum what ?

Sorry, must've misread it.

Archived