The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">go for anyone with pete in any part of their name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm called Pete, I'll do better than O'Shea in the midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll go with that.

Any news on a new season of OTF cricket?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Even if we get £25m, it'll still be 'meh' if we don't buy a decent replacement in this transfer window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we should ask 30m plus if we're honest. madrid are the kind of idiots that would pay that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha you'll be lucky if you get 20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

For me, IF (massive, Man City style if) we get both Carrick and Hargreaves, i'd see him as an option in Rooney's role for the games we're resting Rooney, or to bring on off the bench when Rooney is tired.

use them both as the link man forward and you'll get results.

Much like Sheringham was used as an alternative for Yorke back a few years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that were to happen, what do you think we should do with Rossi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know.

Some people see him as a support striker, others as a frontman. I havent seen enough of him to make a judgement.,

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

BBB did you go to OT today?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, I also left with 5 minutes to go, why mate?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Anyway Gregg, if you were going to do that you should have gone the whole hog, and said someone like Bily Meredith icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe Spence > Billy Meredith

FACT

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alibaster:

I've had £70 taken from my account by Utd today so I've got tickets to a game \o/. Just don't know which game it is /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the choices?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

United>>>sex with some random 13 year old ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but in your case any sex would be better

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I don't think he's that far wrong about Ole. Great to have about the place as a mascot. But at 33 with 2 full years of injuries behind him, it's dangerous to rely on him as a 1st choice back-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True but he is doing a good enough job this season. Apart from doing his hamstring in he has been pretty good this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

FAO NickOGS20, I know you're waiting for me in the pub, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was quite happy listening to my iPod and playing pool, ta :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I dont know how it is in Russia but in England no matter what club you support it always comes before your country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not strictly true tbf Taz. a look through any of the regular 'club vs country'-themed threads on here will show a fair few who'll put england before their club </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but who takes half of what the ***** on here say as a true representation of real people with more than one brain cell?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

just reading that Wes is out tomorrow with a virus. please god let Vida be back, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he was in better form, there might have been more of a chance of seeing Heinze at CB.

On to the match. Good win.

Good first half in which Villas defending for the first was nothing short of comical .

Carrick then getting his first to make it 14 different scorers in the prem and providing a beauty of a cross for Ronnie to nod home a third. \o/

Second half was just all out poor. We took the foot all the way off the gas, took it out of gear and parked up. Villa goal was crap, Vidic should have put in a tackle and i still dont know how Rio or VDS didnt cut out the cross.

And please god rest Rooney. Half the time i didnt know whether he was trying to control the ball or hit a first time long pass and the other half of the time i just knew it was crap control. His shooting is its usual absmal self except for one good shot that hit the bar and his decision making is way off and his greedy runs come to nothing. Drop him not just because he needs a rest but because hes playing crap.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm not happy at all, being realistic unfortunately has its drawbacks icon_frown.gif

So, so obvious, Fergie has done so much right recently, putting this quality squad together, moulding the team and hell even the team selections have been good, but our tactics away from home, or even at home to Benfica are just utterly inept and have been proven to be so plenty of times.

It's no coincidence that we started to be rubbish away in Europe once we started going 4-5-1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still don't understand why he likes Rooney on the fing wing. Next we'll see Vidic as Left midfield or Right back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

yeh pickles also claims to get as much pleasure from watching arsenal as he does us. cuunt iirc

i missed the first 15 minutes last night icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I said their football is as good as ours, doesn't mean i get any pleasure what so ever watching them do it!

Ferguson praises departing Larsson's contribution

Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced the imminent departure of Henrik Larsson will not have a negative effect on Manchester United's trophy quest.

Larsson's 10-week stint with the Red Devils will come to an end next Saturday when United meet Middlesbrough for a place in the FA Cup semi-finals.

The Swede is due to appear at Old Trafford one more time after that, although he will be in the opposition ranks when a European Select XI takes on United as part of the club's celebration of 50 years since their own entry into European competition.

When the deal for Larsson to join Ferguson's squad was initially concluded, few expected the striker to return to Helsingborg as scheduled.

But Ferguson is determined to honour the deal. And, while there is no doubting the positive impact Larsson has had during his time at Old Trafford, the Scot does not feel his exit will have an impact on United's hopes of landing some silverware this season.

'Henrik has been terrific but his leaving won't have a negative effect,' said Ferguson.

'The timing of his spell here has actually been tremendous because Louis Saha picked up a little injury in December and now he is flying again.

'When you reach this stage of the season, all you do is look forward to matches, which is what we are going to do.'

Larsson's brief contribution has only emphasised what Ferguson lost with his failure to attract the 35-year-old to Old Trafford during the peak of his career at Celtic.

While the United boss does not put missing out on Larsson in the same category as Paul Gascoigne, he does wish the player had been more receptive to his initial approaches.

'Paul Gascoigne could have joined us but he just made the wrong decision,' recalled Ferguson.

'Henrik's reasoning was far more sensible. He was very much attached to Celtic and that made it difficult for us.

'It is hard to say whether he would have improved us in terms of winning trophies if he had come five or six years ago but there is no question he would have been a fantastic player to get.'

Unless United seek special dispensation, Larsson will not even qualify for a title-winners' medal if the Red Devils ultimately go on and pip Chelsea for the trophy.

That reason alone might have been enough to tempt Ferguson into asking Helsingborg to extend the forward's stay.

Yet, with the deadline ticking on Larsson's final flight home to Sweden, the United boss insists it will not happen.

'We said from the start we were not rude enough to ask Helsingborg for him to stay,' he said.

'They were very good in allowing Henrik to come here and arranging the deal.

'Henrik also made sacrifices because he has a young son at school and we have respected that. We just appreciate Helsingborg allowed us to keep Henrik for the short time we had him because he is such a fantastic professional.

'There is nothing big about him. He won the Champions League last year but he has come into the club and just got on with the job.

'I have nothing but praise for him. He goes back with great respect from everyone in the club and leaving some great memories for the fans.'

• 4 weeks later...

Based on current injuries/recovery processes I'd prefer him to just utilise the players we have that are closest to full fitness, i.e. play OGS up with Rooney. Then he can bring Smith on later in the game since I'd rather Fletch and Saha were given a bit more time to recover. I kinda think that they must be close enough to be involved otherwise the manager wouldn't have forced them to travel but then its quite a turnaround from reports that said both would be involved for the reserves on Thursday & that the lack of depth in the squad has forced his hand a bit as far as making sure the cover is there.

Of course if Fletch can be used & Fergie still wants to go 451 that makes more sense than giving Richardson game time on a stage he's not equipped for. I suppose 451 with Rooney/OGS as the lone front man and the other on the wing is another option. If he goes 451 and Saha starts I'd be very, very surprised.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sadly not dude, will be working every day aside from sunday for the next 6 weeks icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, we'll see. you always go 'put my name down for overtime this saturday, will pay for my ST/an away game/a fake world cup off eBay icon_cool.gif', only to pop up on MSN that morning and say 'didn't sleep very well, have told them i'm not coming in icon_frown.gif' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cannot believe you are lecturing me on work, was in today iirc, 9-1 icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived