The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Can't really see two United-class wingers able to come in this summer. May well be time to give Martin (not BBB) a chance to break into the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could try Button icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he takes Corners well, but he seems to lack the ability to beat people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like it icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Also,stop with the crap "OMG HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A UNITED PLAYER" mentality and accept that he's a greasy diving bas' who's being rightly castigated by our righteous media for his disgraceful on the field antics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahaha icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See you next week on "Fishing with Keyser" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bait will need be disguised a little better than that next week tbf. "righteous media" is a giveaway even for the most willing biter icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sometimes the best lures are the completely bloody obvious ones icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Is the 04/05 thread knocking about anywhere? I posted about three times in about thee years, but I'm almost 100% positive Taz owes me money / a drink if Ronaldo's not at United on the opening day of the 06/07 season and the proof's somewhere in there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You utter legend

"And the best mod award 2006 goes to..."

What a strange argument - pluck a promising but hardly outstanding Arsenal player to try and prove a point.

Dawson was excellent last season. Not as good as Wes, but still very good, and as such I don't see why Spurs would be so desperate to get Wes. Nor for that matter would there be any reason for Wes to even consider going down there :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Jimlad, want to write my dissertation? It's only 7,500 words :thup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! I laugh at your paltry wordcount! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, when's it due & what aspect of the law are you doing it on?

Daft thing is if there was a big enough financial incentive and I had about a month to read around the subject and another two weeks to write it I'd probably consider it! Unfortunately that would debase the education process and would, on the whole, be wrong. icon15.gif

Lets not worry about signings for the next few days. Next Tuesday (the 25th) is the new July 14th. Oh and unless you're desperate to see it wait until Superman comes out on DVD, its not quite must-see.

Seriosuly, what?

I was sticking up for Sissoko a couple of pages ago when people were slagging him off but he's still a fair way from being in the Carrick class - admittedly he has the potential to be as good, if not better, but at the current time I don't think it's even that close...

Apart from physically is there anything Sissoko is better at? Possibly tackling but even then I'm not sure - Carrick is more composed, better positional play, more experienced, more creative, far far far better passer...

And all this coming from a Sissoko fan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

I actually had a dream a few weeks back where I was in Landsdowne Road at an important (I assume it was important by the fact there was actually a decent atmosphere) match. I was there with my mate with ten minutes left with the scores at 1-1. Robbie Keane was forced off injured which left no strikers on the field or on the bench so for some reason Steve Staunton runs along the touchline studying who's in the crowd until he spots me. 'How about it, Terry, come on on!' he shouts as those around me become quiet. My reply: 'F@ck off you Louth inbred'... Such a weird dream. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dream Analyser says: You're questioning your sexuality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

It's alright, at least you already have the end of season excuse already icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you need an excuse if you win a proper treble? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it possible to win a treble from the Championship? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't a dig at Fran tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

who spells Hargreaves wrong ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I started doing a search to see if you've ever spelt Hargreaves wrong, but then realised that searching for postings from you containing the word 'Hargreaves' probably wasn't going to work in this respect :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

MON DUSCHER, COME TO DADDY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this what we're reduced to icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Mart you ****, you own a k800i don't you? icon_mad.gif

Convince me to buy one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's ace, nuff said.

dean, britannia stadium

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

but Mika, the question is would you swap him for Saha? I don't think any of us would question wanting a fit Ruud in the squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's a stupid question anyway as I never wanted one or the other, I wanted both.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

Goals for Ronaldo, Evra and O'Shea, assists for Rooney and Evra, clean sheet, yellow card for Paddy, plus all the other gubbins that only I find interesting.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's Fletcher's assist for Ronaldo's goal? icon_mad.gif

And on a more serious note, Heinze should have an at fault for Carvalho's goal on sunday imo. If the guy you're marking at a corner gets a clean virtually unchallenged header, does that not count? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with both of them actually. If Ronaldinho can get plaudits for playing the ball off his back then why can't Fletch? And Gabby was more culpable than anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HAHA I never read the bit where he said he got bullied by prank calls before icon_biggrin.gif

He said the police advised him to blow a whistle when they called icon_biggrin.gif

Also <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">my mum checked the phone bill online last night, and started asking me what all these £20+ phone calls were.

i fobbed her off saying they were for a competition to win an xbox 360, but i dont think i can risk making another call for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif He's 24 ffs

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Know many catholic missionaries who are big fans of polygamy do you Gregg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where does it say he was married to four different women at the same time?

Was referring to the fact that Catholic missionaries advise people in africa not to use contraception. You know that too. So lets not argue about it eh as it was a throwaway comment in a football thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Owen Hargreaves column

Who is the best player you have played with - and the best you have played against?

Playing against Zinedine Zidane was incredible. He was a step ahead of everyone else, he controlled exactly what happened on the pitch. He was absolute magician with the ball. He was really difficult to play against because it was so tempting to sit there and be mesmerised by him, admire his skill and completely forget you had to be getting stuck into him!

One of the best I have ever played with is Paul Scholes. He has such a sharp football brain and was also a great trainer and a great professional. I thought he was the best player in England training every day. He is such a clever player - he can pass, tackle, shoot, score tremendous goals. He was great to play with and also to watch. I certainly looked up to him when I first joined the England squad.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves slightly blind?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

he's no worse than those divs who were wishing Leeds promotion to the Premier League just so we could play them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut your trap gummy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's some devastating repartee you have there mr beatty </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut your trap gummy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

We are RUBBISH

"Please, no comments from Manchester United fans, they will just get removed, not from me but from the administrator of dailymotion as obviously you will have something bad to say about it.

This video is self explanatory, no description needed nor wanted.

I'm sorry if this video has upset any Manchester United fan, but from seeing this you can see your club in true colours, that they are terrible."

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

17 or 23 (his number at Bayern) if KR leaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aha, good thinking that. tell Kieran to give it up anyway tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Still need to book that game off work seeing as I have a ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would be an idea icon_wink.gif

are you joining nick and mart for the doncastor trip the day before?

Archived