The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

I think the tears just show you what sort of person he is. He's one of those players who when gets a knock and will think "damn, I can no longer do good", rather than thinking "yeah, I'm going to do well despite it". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, he tried to play on

the tears show hes gutted at maybe not taking part in the rest of the wc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't get me wrong, those sort of people will try to play on, but they'll keep making glaces towards people as if to say "man I'm in pay, but I'm being a hero by playing on". When actually the people who do play on being heoric don't actually realise it.

Rooney in the last match is the better way to react, you look HUNGRY.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

So i'm sure you'll be saying exactly the same about Gabby then will you Rich? We should get rid of him for what he did in the Argentina-Germany game?

I look forward to you calling each and every one of our players who ever do the same thing during the new season a c**t and demand their immediate transfer, or if we cant find a buyer, to just tear up their contracts icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're an idiot. seriously. if you can't tell the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

I know alot of fans who'd have Beckham back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all of them City fans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never liked Beckham in his prime ffs icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

Goon, I've came to the conclusion that you used to be this user called nistelrooy87 who was an Arsenal fan, but bit of a ******* (but ofc you would know that being him).

I came to this conclusion because nistelrooy87@hotmail.com seems really really familiar to me as an email address for someone from OTF. Now, being logical you would assume their OTF name would be nistelrooy87. nistelrooy87 was an arsenal fan, you're an arsenal fan. He was a *******, you erm... And he hasn't posted for a while and you've only been around for a year or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>tbh

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oi James, you're one of those who'd like to fellate Mark Hughes given the chance. Answer my question about how / why he moved to Barca for us young 'uns. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark should know - he's always going on about how he remembers the Milne years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly he's talking about A.A.. His memory had already started to fade by the time Ralphie was bombing down the wing.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I'm sure we'll hear this plenty this season, but there's already been a couple of times where we've got in promising positions out wide and we were just crying out for a Ruud in the middle :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sheds tear*

*realises he woke up a few mins ago and eyes haven't opened enough for crying yet*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fozza:

From the limited time ive seen of them both, he looks a far better player than Kieron Richardson and hes in the bloody england squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not hard tbf icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, that seems to be the consensus here too icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

what were people genuinely expecting to happen today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was resigned to nothing whatsoever happening, but in the back of my mind something was telling me we surely couldn't be quite so inept. Clearly we can \O/

Has Miller gone btw?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"We watched him throughout last season and he played at the World Cup, clearly. We were offered him at the start of the summer transfer window for a significant sum.

"The manager and his staff did not want to pursue that. We were also offered him towards the back end of last week in a loan-type deal for a year, and again we were not interested in that.

"From Manchester United's perspective, Tevez was never on the shopping list. Mascherano we watched closely and very carefully and the experts on that area in our club determined that we did not want to go for him." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same experts who think John O'Shea is a central midfielder? Maybe that should have tweeked something in Gill's head that Fergie has gone senile.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Is Whithaven the dump i've always been told it was? My boss went for a job interview there years ago and turned it down on the basis of the god-awfulness of the town. Also, the nuclear medicine department at Barrow should be covered from Whitehaven, but we're doing it at the moment because Whitehaven can't fill their post, presumably for the same reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much does the job pay?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know for sure, it's a medical physicist, so ~£27k - £40kish depending on grade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if its a decwent pay hike i dont see why you wouldn't want to move up here can always feck off elsewhere if another similar job appeared elsewhere

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

Nick - support wasn't that hot today and as you rightly called, it was probably at it's best just after we took the lead, and then equalised. I think many of us weren't expecting us to make a comeback. St James is a funny place, as with other PL grounds. Those who sing (myself inc) are in the minority. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, i guess i was just expecting better (despite being told otherwise) from SJP for whatever reason. no worse than most home crowds around, but it's hard to see just why hacks so regularly cream themselves in print over newcastle's fans. 'toon ultras' indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Samamatara:

Rossi scored the winner for parma today btw.

Just to cheer you guys up icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was posted on the previous page I think.

Still no harm in repeating it though icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I've worked out how John O'Shea has gotten so many appearances so far this season.

Ferguson is retiring at the end of this season and wants to win the title whilst at the same time being able to say "look I managed to win the title despite having to give John O'Shea 30 odd appearances."

Only reasonable excuse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Erm, Gonch, how did you get a lille? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

contacts baby icon_cool.gif

dont forget, i did copenhagen too so i was slightly higher up the ladder

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get the Saha hate at all. He wasn't brilliant or MOTM, but he did alright. He was generally making the right runs for when you're up against three at the back (a point that doesn't seem to have been mentioned when analysing the contribution of the forwards), which is down the outside of the trio, and his movement overall was good. He looks rusty, but he's been out for a while and needs games.

I also didn't have a problem with his decision to shoot late on. He could see most of the goal, and as he went across the keeper there would also have been a good chance of scoring from a save. He just made a mess of the shot. He's a centreforward who has the ability to score from there, and they need a bit of greed. It also showed at least he had the confidence in his ability, which is a good sign. While he had support, Larsson was marked in the middle, and Ronaldo was just as wide of the goal as Saha, but on the other side. I'd also say given that his shooting is better than his passing, i'd have backed him to score more times than make the pass anyway. Sure he ****ed up the shot, you can criticise him for that, but i felt the decision was the right on, it was the execution that let him down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a voice of reason \o/

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Just watching the 1987-88 review video that I got today, McClair so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll lend you my liverpool one from the same season. it'll be better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

well done dave. you've sonned *****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

finding gems like these basically the only way I can read your thread tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't get me wrong, i appreciate you doing it for us. I was just hinting that you're so much better than this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

recent evidence suggests otherwise tbf. Polack a more effective troll these days :////

rubbish performance, just didn't show up at all really. completely outclassed by a much wiser side who pinpointed our weaknesses and ruthlessly exposed them, something we completely failed to do. only Scholes and VDS excused really, everyone else poor or anonymous, Giggs especially dire once more. starting with Vidic was a mistake, clearly nowhere near fit. can't account for Gaby having a complete brainfart for the second though. baffled as to why we didn't put Saha or Smith on 15/20 minutes earlier where we briefly looked vaguely threatening, wasted any chance we may have had right there.

just not good enough, again. won't be overly arsed if we go on and win the league (and the cup as well ideally), as long as we genuinely do learn for next year. and strengthen, it's clear we're just not good enough on this stage in several areas and as much as Rooney/Ronaldo disappointed tonight, you can't expect them to dig you out of a hole when your senior players are massively below par.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Fair play to Rob Smyth to linking to that in his recent article.

Though, when you read it he hits the spot many times. Makes what has happened this season even more amazing.

Who could have expected Ronaldo to put the World Cup behind him in such emphatic style, for Arsenal and Liverpool to be so lame in the premiership, for Scholes to come back so strong (an extended Bergkampesque indian summer hopefully), Fletcher to grow some balls and for Evra and expecially Vidic to improve so much so quickly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie, obviously icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Ole looks like a shadow of his former self, quite frustrating that he is so poor and so many moves are breaking down because of him. But oh well still a hero.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Still deadly in the box but his legs have gone. He has no pace and pretty much cant start games anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

I think he's trying to make the point that Wesy Ham 'should' havve been relegated, and United let them off - whereas if Liverpool would have beate Fulham then West Ham would still have survived.

Still wildly OTT though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So now it's our job to punish West Ham rather than the FA's? That's a more ludicrous argument than i thought he was making.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 27

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Rcjuk -69

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

EmmYouEffSee – 29

<STRIKE>RedBlood – 26</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>qwerty2k – 17</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>Razor Eddie – 16</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>? – 15</STRIKE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bye bye RedBlood

• 2 weeks later...

The Manchester United Thread 2007/2008 *Sponsered by diving, although we don't think its diving because Ronaldo is clearly persecuted against and has never dived before, if it wasn't him then would there be a story? Its the medias fault for everything they always start hate campaigns against us and for no reason, not because we are at all cnuts, who sing ARGENTINA ARGENTINA ARGENTINA at games despite the history we have had with them, because we hate ENGLAND.*

Archived