The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If it's down to the Glazers and the purse strings being tightened, I don't see what he has to gain by hanging around and seeing any kind of legacy destroyed by that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look stop blaming the Glazers for everything.

Let's say for a moment you are completly 100% right, they went up to SAF and said all you have to spend is £3m and that's it.

He's used all that money on a GK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not blaming them for everything? Was giving two hypothetical scenarios? Pipe down frannybaws.

And £3m is hardly going to buy any midfielders anyway, so your point is moot.

The Glazers are *****, end of. Without them we'd be in a position to strengthen this summer with the intention of challenging Chelsea. As it is none of us now expect us to strengthen enough to stay in the top three, and there IS only one reason for that.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

isnt the game on MUTV aswell? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah on the official MUTV, but not on the unofficial MUTV - ITV2 icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The one thing I do like about this shirt is the shade of red, it's better than the last one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

girl

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

has snipersdream done the danny pugh song yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick did IIRC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Inter Milan have completed the signing of former Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira from Juventus for £6.5m.

The 30-year-old completed his transfer on Wednesday morning, ending interest from Manchester United.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Manchester doesn't like posh people, feck off to Warwick or somewhere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, maybe I will then if you're going to be a **** icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He loves you really. trying to mask it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe David Jones will be our saviour eh? Oh no, turns out Fergie'd rather play a converted winger, striker or left back in midfield than him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well what does that tell you?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'll just ignore you both.

Ruud-haters so weak. Utter legend for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Can't even begin to argue.

• 1 month later...

Fergie to pick full-strength side at Parkhead

Sir Alex Ferguson has vowed to unleash his full battalion on Celtic in three weeks time when Manchester United head to Glasgow looking to finally confirm their place in the Champions League knockout phase.

The Red Devils wasted their first opportunity to seal a last-16 berth in the Parken Stadion when they went down to a 1-0 defeat against Group F Minnows FC Copenhagen.

Aston Villa flop Marcus Allback bundled home the winner 17 minutes from time and the result means United must get a point from their trip to Celtic to go through.

However, Ferguson is determined to get all three.

'We want to finish this group really strongly,' said the United boss.

'The situation is more open now but we know if we win at Celtic we will win the group and that is what we will attempt to do.'

Ferguson took a calculated risk in leaving out Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra and Paul Scholes from his starting line-up against the Danish champions.

However, the move backfired as, Wayne Rooney apart, the visitors were well below the standard of recent weeks and saw their seven-game winning streak brought to an abrupt end.

'I am satisfied with the effort but disappointed we failed to deal with the corner when they scored,' said Ferguson.

'We knew they would play a lot of long balls into our area and I felt we defended very well apart from that one instance and it cost us the game.'

If the defeat was not bad enough for United, reminiscent of a far more costly loss against Lille last season, Ferguson must also do without veteran striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for the foreseeable future after he limped off with a hamstring injury in the final minute when United had already used their three allotted substitutes

However, while upset at the absence of the Norwegian, Ferguson was thankful the damage was not more serious.

'It's unfortunate for Ole,' he said.

'It is a hamstring and he will be out for a few weeks. But I am actually quite happy.

'Given his previous history of knee problems, I was a bit concerned when he came off but, fortunately, it is only a hamstring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Team news for Celtic

"I'll make a couple of changes for Tuesday (to freshen things up)." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're screwed then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:

your away results just aren't good enough in the cl. what's your record in the last 10 or so away from home?

performance wasn't that bad, just no cutting edge.

played worse at benfica and won though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true you know. And this is from a guy that KNOWS his bad away performances...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Anyone watching because it sounds like Carricks passing has been awful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick, Silvestre, Fletcher and Richardson have so far been dreadful. O'Shea hasn't been too bad.

Looks like we'll be relying on Rio, Ronny and Rooney for the win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

BELIEVE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stfu </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, Mart basically a walking Mars bar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that because he's eaten so many he now resembles one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

found

when sorting throug various united-related things on my laptop earlier icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Love that passage of play, superb defending.

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/de...x?iid=73665590&cdi=0

getty so racist

they all must look the same eh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

that reminds me, a bit off topic but did anyone see chelsea v spurs 1st leg? how bad was motty towards y p lee ffs!

CONTINUALLY referred to him as 'the little korean' often not bothering to say his name icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Can I ask why yo uare suddenly obsessed about me & Martin being an item James? It's quite worrying.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he wants a threesome?

• 1 month later...

Archived