The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Fergie has some kind of Stalin-esque aura which means that it's nigh on impossible to criticise him without feeling and looking like you don't recognise what he's done for the club.

In such cases people inevitably blame Queiroz as the outsider.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

1977 Cup Final on Sky Channel 442 at 10pm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you watch the 1979 final yesterday lads icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Nedved's not exactly as over the hill as Blanc was tbf, but I don't really think we should go for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, and neither is Vieira, but equally neither is the player they were when they built their reputations, and both are on the slide, with Nedved having slid further than Vieira. I really think Nedved's legs have gone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I struggle to believe anyone could even have Cisse and Henry in comparison of any kind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>SWP and Joaquin part 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snooky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

a scouse mate and i were exchanging emails re: jose and his liverpool "barbs". the article he sent me in response was a bit of a laugh, but one line was priceless:

"van Nistelrooy, Keane, Pires, Campbell and Bergkamp. Of players in that class, only Didi Hamann has left Anfield"

i haven't stopped laughing in hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does put into perspective that United and Arsenal put their over the hill players out to pasture while Fowler and Hyypia still pick up a wage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Gaby icon_cool.gif

There's no stand-out candidate really, will probably be Ronaldo though. If he's not on the field, one from Heinze, Scholes, Rooney or Solskjaer I suppose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blatantly going to be JOS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

What the frigging hell is a fawn jacket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A kind of light baige one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

looks like pompey are about to sign andy cole, im allowed to like him again now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

He had a bad game on Wednesday but from what I saw pretty much the whole defence and VdS looked nervy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The defence hasn't looked terribly assured in any of the games this season really IMO, not even v. Fulham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

(we only got two celtic tickets) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, gotcha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

A few more pics from Saturday

Eddie in Asda buying knives for his victims

lads, O'shea is a good player

chug chug chug

see now THAT'S where the wall is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's 'The Wall'? I always pictured it as being a little more impressive than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you think they met up before the game? Berlin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Northern China.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

naw dude, got 3 fulham though \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Didn't get any Lille?

Didn't you use loads of numbers to apply

Anyoneelse just see the little clip interviewing Pugh about his sides cup game against City?

He supported City as a kid & whe nthe interviewer asked him if he would have preferred to play a big club like Chelsea his reply was 'No because City are a massive club too' icon_biggrin.gif

amusing today - irish guy was sat behind me and a bit to the left, generally rubbish (not knowing the right words to songs, praising everything o'shea did, saying everything everyone else did was 'muck'), then at half-time he asks the cockney guy behind me for some money to get some soup. cockney guy says he'll get him some when the vendors come around, irish guy starts kicking off saying 'you're ****ing treating me like a mug mate, i only want some soup, if i was sat somewhere else they'd buy me some soup, united look after their own, there's no-one coming around selling soup, just give me some cash'. now this cockney guy is a big fella, about as wide as he is tall and he basically fronts up to this irish guy who absolutely bricks it and starts apologising profusely, while telling those of us who'd turned round to see wtf was going on to f**k off and mind our own.

infinitely more entertaining than the usual half-time fayre tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oh jings, i've not got a reading ticket yet icon_biggrin.gif

where's the gf's credit card.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not got one either yet icon_biggrin.gif , they'll still be on sale next week anyway(especially if its like the last cup game).

oh and P.S.

Gervais ifb you heathens icon_mad.gif (although Pegg/Frost , Coogan & Morris afb too tbh icon_biggrin.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Kevin (Nolan), I don't know if this has been asked before, but who do you intend to vote for as PFA Player/Young Player Of The Year?

Ben Walford, England

The voting takes place, I think, over the next couple of weeks.

As things stand my vote for Player of the Year will be Paul Scholes. I'm not too sure about the Young Player of the Year award. If Ronaldo is still eligible I will probably go for him.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

"SS Calcio Venezia" are in the Italian 4th division from what I can tell, the meetup might have to wait icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venezia in the 4th division? They were in Serie A a few seasons back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently they were just relegated from B and reformed as this new club, from what I read on one site anyway. My Italian football knowledge isn't the best though.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I don't get a final ticket, I will probably try and go to the Community Shield. Will tickets be much easier to get for that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

always are. probably cheaper as well.

• 3 weeks later...

still reckon big john has another BIG goal yet to come.

citeh imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scousers in the CL Final?

My faith WILL be justified (if it isn't already).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

So what do you guy's think: If I were Fergie I'd go for Barton. We could do with a backup DM. Would cost a lot less than Owen Hargreaves.

And Fergie sure has a history of handling difficult characters..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barton can **** right off. There's not a more loathsome man in football right now.

Save Peter Kenyon ofc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What ali said.

Who is tracking the paper player dealings??

this is from yesterdays BBC Gossip col

Promoted Birmingham want to lure Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster, currently on loan at Watford. (Sunday Express)

IIRC its supposed to be incomings and outgoings right?

• 4 weeks later...

I voted for mark as worst user. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was robbed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

True but how much could we realisitically get for him? £7-8 million? If we pushed it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To save time, what I posted about a week ago on the Heinze value issue. Haven't changed my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

a plummer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, have a bristol city player in my head icon_frown.gif

Archived