The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

hahaha, according to the ITV news, tomorrows sun is going to claim that Rooney thinks that he's being forced to patch things up and that he doesnt really want to </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neil Custis iafc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His Sun email address is at the bottom of this article - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006300451,00.html - why don't you tell him how you feel Martin.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Where are people getting this €14m from? If it that then I'll be the first in the queue to lambast Fergie, but I refuse to believe it until some kind of credible source backs it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What like your sources Nick wink wink "guess what i heard?" icon_wink.gif

Anyone remember the site Mart found his room/flat from in manchester?

My friend has just been accepted to be a firefighter for the greater manchester fire force and is looking for either somewhere to buy or rent up there. Anyone recommend some areas to avoid, he will be on a half decent wage so can afford nice stuff, and money goes alot further up north icon_wink.gif.

from RN forum

I've just had a very long conversation with the membership office. It would appear that the Glaziers want all supporters clubs disbanded. The main reason is that they would rather deal with individuals who are season ticket holders and all other "customers" will be dealt with on an on going basis. This means that supporters clubs are no longer required and the "guaranteed fixture list" has been disbanded and only clubs with season tickets will be allowed to come to Old Trafford to watch United. I asked why we had not received the membership forms we requested for the new season for first time members and was told they were not printed yet. I was then offered season tickets on the halfway line cheaper than the season tickets we had already purchased at the corner flags. I told them where they could stuff them. The Glazers plan is to announce that every game is a sell out even before the season has started. The money is of course needed to pay off the interest on the loans taken out to buy United. As all right thinking United supporters always feared, it is the true supporters who are paying for the gimps play thing.

Taz, it's a pre-season tour, not a vital tournament.

It supposed to be used to help players find their fitness, to be able to find a bit of form in time for the new season to start.

If a decent player, like Fletcher, who would be on the fringes of the first team is having trouble with fitness and form, then it is more important for those players to be given a chance on these tours to allow them to get up to an acceptable level incase they are called on early on in the new season.

Erm...As far as I know Liverpool played the majority of the season with 4-4-2...

Yes, Rossi had Ruud, Rooney and Saha to compete with him.

Equally, you could argue Sissoko had to compete with Gerrard, Alonso and Hamman.

Equally, you could argue that usually striker's are rotated more often that central midfielder's.

Equally, you could argue Sissoko forced Gerrard out to RM (although, you know, that would be stupid).

And also - the only reason I made the point "if Rossi was so awesome maybe he would have forced himself into more starts" is that Blaine seemed to be saying that the fact "Rossi has made one Premiership start" justified the hype - surely, if anything, it would dampen it...

Like I said, if Rossi was as awesome as SOME PEOPLE ON HERE said, he probably would have more than one Premiership start despite sitff competition - but that dosen't mean he isn't a talent.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or criticising Rossi, just using Rossi love as a comparison to Sissoko love.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

A working stream \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paid for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. A new discovery that's been dead handy this pre-season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

Not a quiz question but I was thinking about a CL game against Barca about 10 or 12 years ago when there was the 4 foreigner/assimilated player rule and seem to remember we played a young english keeper instead of the big man. We lost 4-0 iirc.

I'm sure some of you will remember who it was - I think I'm getting Alzheimers icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary Walsh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, glad I refreshed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

No it really doesn't. At all icon_biggrin.gif

O'Shea >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> joe_cole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SBA >>>>>>>>>>>> * >>>>>> Ashley Cole >>>>>>>>>>>> Wenger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fowler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Benitez >>>>>>>>> * >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> O'Sullivan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So wise as to not completely destroying the page. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'm not saying he's back to his best either

Doesnt stop you rather getting rid of him than Richardson being UTTERLY wrong icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if that's the only problem, i said afterwards i wouldn't have been getting rid of either of them if i hadn't forgotten about Eagles icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

He's done well for himself there, kudos icon_cool.gif

Any of you lot would be equally smug if you were dire at football but were being paid five figures sums every week regardless and attracting fine specimens like that as a consequence, FACTO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nick totally coming round to the krifbbb way of life. icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wondering if you guys can do me a favour persuading my mongish Man U-supporting friend that the Glazers haven't invested money in players since they arrived. Can't find the list of transfers since they took over but pretty sure there hasn't been that much net investment. Is there a handy list?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about VDS. In a way his authority and composure are his main strengths and I think he's never been a keeper who makes a lot of spectacular saves. I've thought it's because of his experience and positioning that he doesn't need to, but then again maybe his age is effecting his agility and reflexes.

Nev was pretty poor. Facing such an inexperienced player at left-back we really needed him to overlap and test Newcastle, probably in tandem with Ronaldo. Even though his crossing is dire, Wes would have been a much better option. Nev's no good to us carrying this injury. Better to have the Op and back to top form as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Nick, any chance of having the Thread sponsored Man Of The Match stats too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at some point, possibly

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't able to watch the match so I can't comment on Gigg's performance (nice goal though) but I think in general there is no player on the team who divides opinion as much as Giggs does, every single match.

There is a sizeable contingent who believe he is the worst player in the team, wasteful of possession, making poor choices and generally not caring.

Then there are people who will rate exactly the same performance as a MOTM one, believing that his passing was intelligent, work rate good and that he showed good skill on the ball.

Now I personally think that as he is no longer as fast as he once was a large chunk of his game has gone and we need to look for a replacement winger asap as he doesn't have long left. However he is still good enough at the moment. I generally find his passing is intelligent and he makes the right decision more often than not. His crossing has never been great and as he struggles to beat his man more and more he has had to come inside more and more, something he has done quite well this season imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Poor Mickey icon_frown.gif.

Looked like a well weird injury couldnt tell what he actually did.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looked to me like he fell on both his arm and head. His head seemed to recoil, looked bad. Wouldn't be surprised if he's bust his collar bone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any United related songs you can think of that you can play on the jukebox in the pub or download? off to the top of my head there is

Take me home - John Denver/Country Roads

stretford end arising - bad moon arising

joy division - Giggs will tear you apart

inspiral carpets - this is how it feels to be city

na na na keano - Hey jude

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The FA can confirm that tickets for The FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Manchester United at the new Wembley Stadium will be priced at £35, £60, £80 and £95.

A limited number of tickets will also be made available to the clubs at £17.50 for under-16s.

FA Chief Executive Brian Barwick said: "It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level for the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley. We believe these are very competitive prices for what will be a historic match."

The FA Cup Final kicks off at 3pm on 19 May.

Tickets will be sold via the Chelsea and Manchester United ticket offices only - there will be no general sale. The allocations will be confirmed later this week following meetings with the two clubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus christ, reasonable? Rich clubs don't mean rich fans you utter detestable arseholes

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Great game icon14.gif Was reasonably happy with 2-2 in that we didn't get humped and would have still had a chance in the next game. In a weird way, I hope the winner doesn't affect how we approach the return leg. We're at our best when playing flowing, attacking football and at our worst when trying to employ some sort of catenaccio style.

Again Fletch and Carrick were immense tonight - although that was helped by Gattuso going off. Ronnie was 'only' good tonight. He seemed to almost be trying a little too hard at times and taking one touch to many but after his season so far I can excuse him one non man of the match performance! The Rooney winner was excellent, and to be fair he shot so quickly Dida didn't have a chance. From memory, wasn't is very similar to a (fat) Ronaldo goal against us a few years back?

Finally, I really don't get the goons who started leaving at 90 mins. I don't care how busy the traffic is, I don't care how nagging your wife is, it's a European Cup semi final ffs, they don't come around that often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More or less the same goal yeah. That's what i was thinking after seeing the replays as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

just spoke to mu travel and it seems they didnt fancy contacting me to say my credit card hadnt gone through as it seems id put my billing address as my delivery address in my drunken state.

and there is no more tickets available now ffs.

i'm not overly ****ed off any way cos i couldnt really afford it and i have a job interview on tuesday anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ticket office did that to me the other year too, i rang up asking where my tickets where being i'm in the auto cup scheme and they said cared declined we sent a letter which was bollox

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“On the strength of our performances we would be worthy champions, because we gave it our all.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we didn't? Pretty impressive. I can just see the headlines.

"Manchester United win the league without really trying."

What's up with people refusing to give United credit when we've won the league? Arsenal in 02/03 did it with their whole "We are the people's champion coz we played great football" malarky, and now this crap from Mikel.

I may be having selective memory here but everytime someone's pipped us to the title I don't recall United saying how they don't deserve to be champions. In fact, I can recall Fergie saying how the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal deserve their titles when they've won it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

new kit?

If so, not much of a change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like it. I really enjoy our retro shirt this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hated it at the start of the season. Bought the white one instead.

It's grown on me now though. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

why on earth do you let ronaldo take your freekicks?

and I'm not having a dig here, but do you think ronaldo can be quiet / under perform in big games? I know chelsea doubled up on him and stuff, but I can't recall (off the top of my head) him really shining in a big game.

he was quiet in milan too (although I guess you were all ****). but it just seems that if you look at someone like kaka, he was massively influential in milan but also at old trafford, whereas ronaldo was comparatively quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived