The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Taz so innocent :*). Eagles wide right, Giggsy out left, dazzle to shine in the middle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Eagles on the left in a straight swap for Richardson as it is now and was in the last match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

"If I were to start the season with all the players I've got available, all fit, I don't think the supporters would be disappointed - neither would I."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahahahahaha x ∞

Bah. You watch the friendly, a hint of optimism creeps back into your mind, and then you go and let the best goalscorer you've had in 40 years go for a ridiculously low fee.

OH FFS WILL THIS SEASON JUST DIE ALREADY.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Fletcher > Richardson

That is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

talentwise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

Richardson ifs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I don't care about him wanting to leave, I don't blame him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'd say the same thing about his pre-05 Cup Final transfer request? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would, he was 29, entering the latter years of his career, no longer had the top supply from Beckham and Giggs, now only Ronaldo and Richardson, having no realistic prospect of winning the league/CL in the next 3/4 years (imo anyway), and has no childhood love for the club or anything. Also he'd pretty much carried us for 4 seasons, from his position I can understand him being a bit disillusioned with the direction the club was heading and wanting to go.

Like was said a while back by someone, if we had a team purely based on people who loved the club then we'd just have Gary Neville, even Scholesy would sod off to Oldham.

As I speak, pictures of Ruud in Madrid on SSN now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">11)Fat Sam saying that Ruud had been “found out†at the start of the 02/03 season and then Ruud going on to score 44 goals that term. Sod off Sam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was something that stuck in my mind icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

YAS! I like the "one or TWO" comment"

Strange how we're being heavily linked with both Senna and Maschareno at the same time?

Imagine if we signed them both, in a "weak midfield now eh angryfire.gif" kind of way??? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our wings woudl still be a bit weak for me, maybe not the first XI but depthwise. I seem to think that more than others though...

• 2 weeks later...

oh btw.. some form of "linkage" catchmydrift... a kind of "viewing opportunity" getmymeaning... ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

When is the next Champiosn League game

Febuary time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> First knockout round, 1st leg 20/21.02.2007

First knockout round, 2nd leg 06/07.03.2007

Quarter-finals, 1st leg 03/04.04.2007

Quarter-finals, 2nd leg 10/11.04.2007

Semi-finals, 1st leg 24/25.04.2007

Semi-finals, 2nd leg 01/02.05.2007

Final (Athens, Greece) 23.05.2007 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Larson would only get one round then icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He should have just came and took the ball. It looks like he went at it all wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm more inclined to agree with that than the argument that he shouldn't go for it at all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:

ronaldo just an unbelievable player. how old is he? still 22 or something? **** knows how good he'll be in 3 years.

there do seem times though where he looks to be a bit disappointed in the quality around him. think you'll have to sort that out if you want him to stay for another 5 years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is 21. His birthday is in February.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

kanchelskis cross and diving header for the 2nd...?

great game icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs cross i think. And it was a mostly awful game, with a great finish.

But the one i was referring to is from about thirty yards out, twists backward and forward a couple of times before unleashing one. They're in the old grey away kit, so it's late 80's/early 90's, certainly from before the premiership.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Europe XI: Lippi completes squad

Marcello Lippi has confirmed the final inclusions into his 22-man squad.

The latest additions are Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn and Inter Milan pair Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Fabio Grosso.

The match, which celebrates 50 years of United in European competition, has drawn together some of the finest players in the world. You can watch the game live on MUTV Online.

Lippi's squad looks an imposing proposition for Sir Alex Ferguson, who has said he will put out his strongest available side.

The full Europe XI squad

Goalkeepers: Oliver Kahn, Grégory Coupet, Iker Casillas.

Defenders: Paolo Maldini, Jamie Carragher, Eric Abidal, Lilan Thuram, Carles Puyol, Marco Materazzi, Fabio Grosso.

Midfielders: Gianluca Zambrotta, Steven Gerrard, Juninho Pernambucano, Florent Malouda, Luis Miguel, Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo.

Strikers: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Alessandro Mancini, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jibes about the game aside, what a squad of players that is icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been tallying the post-match MOM votes we've been doing at all this season?

Just been thinking that if no-one has 448+ pages is a lot to wade through but was also thinking that the regularity of people posting their MOMs seems to have become increasingly infrequent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived