The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Excolo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Wow, one game and you don;t want a player at your club?

Who would replace him do you think? Also, wouldn;t Fergie congratulate him :surprised: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo has been inconsistent all year, and most of the time all he does is tricks, whines if he doesnt get a freekick (usually for very little contact), takes many shots which go wide/over and rarely puts in a good ball, where as Park gets on with the game, doesnt do anything fancy but has produced many more assists and cost a lot less. Not really a choice which kind of player id rather have at utd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Match Of The Day always portray him godlike...guess he is overated. At least you'll make a profit on him. I heard Ribery might join you...maybe a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

The Orlando part refers to where the club was orginally from. The Pirates part is not so clear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't gaf why the Orlando part is there, I just want to know why they're called the Pirates. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even their offfical site seems to say that some guy basically decided "hey, let's be called this" ! No romance in the game anymore ! icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

I saw a guy sat outside Marks and Sparks who looked remarkably like your picture on the otf gallery icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, another tramp comment. Thanks, mate. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was a perfectly well-dressed gentleman sat reading the newspaper on a bench, in the sun, in a non trampy-way.

Too defensive icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdamJH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Not surprised west brom are being arses.

Robson is treating Koumas with utter contempt. They're causing massive problems with the potential deal to Cardiff. They accept Cardiff have met the valuation yet are being arsey over the way they want the payments made.

Add in how they treated Earnshaw while he was there and was one of their best players.

Such a pathetic club. Robson is a ledgend and all, but as a manager he's also a nasty little pr*ck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Earnshaw should have played more but he was not treated badly. Not being picked doesn't mean he is being treated badly.

We want £2m for Koumas with at least £1.5m up front. Cardiff have offered a max of £1m up front and for us to get all the money they have to get promoted and then stay up. So that means we probably won't get £2m.

Koumas is the player going AWOL, how are we treating him badly. We wanted him to return to training and become part of the squad again, since Cardiff were not offering us what we wanted.

If a club wants one of our players and we try to keep them then we are being arses ffs? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you surprised he's gone awol when you've got Robson talking crap about him pretty much since he arrived as manager? Being blatant in the language he's using that he doesnt want Koumas anywhere near the club? Robson is the one who's saying things like he'll ensure Koumas rots in the reserves etc.

Earnshaw not badly treated? You're having a laugh arent you? Robson refusing to play him, ignoring the fact that West Brom looked a hell of a lot better with him in the side than without. Making his life so miserable that he's prepared to go to anybody who wanted to offer him a contract.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Martin impressed again when he came on, i hope he gets a decent chance in the first team this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Martin and Ronaldo are in the same side, the fullbacks are going to have a torrid, torrid, time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

O'Shea in midfield though, shows how much Fergie thought of Jones and Fletcher pre season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or that Jones isn't a defensive midfielder?

I know that O'Shea isn't either really, but he is nominally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh i think Fergie sees Jones as a holding midfielder, always seems to sit the deepest when he plays.

Can we clear this up once and for all lads? It is never, NEVER acceptable to root for the scouse unless (a) it has a direct affect on our own title chances while not furthering theirs (see Liverpool - Arsenal, 2003) or (b) it's against Citeh, possibly (although even then I'm not sure).

It doesn't matter if you think Pardew or Warnock or Allardyce are cnuts, they are still better than vermin. It doesn't matter if a Liverpool win will be beneficial to 'English football'. See sense, will you? Now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

It was a joke based on what time i started watching the last game. It's actually an 8:00 KO i think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, OK icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wakey06:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

No Eric?! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah i think he retired far too early and could have helped club out in europe wi players we brought in after him but still a club leg-end but not a personal favourite </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hate you. really.

anyways, i'm scared how much my list will have changed since last years... icon_frown.gif

Eric Cantona - 10 pts

Ole Solskjaer

Ryan Giggs

Brian McClair

Paul Scholes

Gordon Strachan

Peter Schmeichel

Teddy Sheringham

Mark Hughes

Gary Neville - 1 pt

leaving out robbo and keano icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

Fletcher was poor, suprised how many people are saying he was good and I'm usually a fan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had arguably his best 45mins of football for the club in the second half imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me tonight was his best performance since the Arsenal Semi-Final in 2004 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher in that game :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh and lehmann is a ****.

but what a save </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Said in the MotD2 thread, that when Solskjaer hit that, I immediately thought 'Well, 1-1 is a pretty damn good result at Old Trafford.' icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was in too icon_frown.gif

How did the crowd sound? It was amazy in Tier 2, yet again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

why is Keyser so rubbish

How about the 4-2 when Ronaldo scored twice at Highbury, did alright against Arsenal then?

I'm sorry he can't be a match winner every game. But hey as long as Richardson continues this BLISTERING form we'll be fine even with that useless Portugese ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stop living in the past you utter gervais loving knobjockey. Even O'Shea scored in that game and he definately isn't any good. And why the comment about Richardson? He can die along with the rest of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not a natural born beefer. Go away.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

But OMGZ they need to protect their sources or else they'd never get any more gossip and then where would we all be????!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

happier tbh icon_biggrin.gif

I'd love to know who outed me actually icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Eddie/Jonny citeh tickets on Viagogo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it says they're bthere, but click on Buy and you get the old :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Sorry!

We currently don't have any tickets for this event. Below are a few possible reasons for this:

This event may have been recently added and sellers have not had the chance to post their tickets. Please check back soon. Additionally, you can check to see if a different date has tickets available

The deadline to purchase tickets for this event has passed. After a certain point viagogo removes listings in order to ensure on-time delivery for the buyer.

All available tickets posted by sellers have temporarily sold out. Please check back often as more tickets are posted all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Infuriating. I'm going to make ticket noises on the bus on Wednesday.

And I may get excluded from the club if he doesn't come up with the goods. icon_wink.gif After all, I didn't get the Chelsea ticket, although there was no problem for the Scouse. And I didn't even ask for an Everton one. (Hardly makes up for missing yesterday)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Anyone watching because it sounds like Carricks passing has been awful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole team have been passing poorly to be fair.

Ronaldo is looking bright but nearly everyone else looks a yard off him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

btw all the talk suddenly of Ronnie being 'miles better' than Rooney is so wrong.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, he isn't suddenly better, he always has been icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

That’s citeh level giddiness </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh!

Top 6 finish for us this season icon_mad.gif

Until we lose the next 3 games on the spin!

• Administrators

Randomly chipping into this debate because the Chelsea thread don't go to games, and we have crap crowds too. I'm kinda like Matt in most ways, but more recently this season I've decided not to care at all and regularly been the only one in my block singing, although it's usually to join in with someone else a few seats away. Rarely start chants unless it's an away.

There was the Levski home game which I'm told I was a bit loud in because a mate heard me from his seat roughly 50 yards away icon_redface.gif but it was quiet that game ffs icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"It is probably the best club in the world." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

quite a compliment from someone who's been at Barca, although ofc perhaps best not to take it at face value

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Without the interest, if (as the club budget for) we play 25 home games a season, and the ground is full every game, your ticket could cost £32.63 less, with no effect on team spending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm so they pay ME £2.63 a game to go then icon_wink.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

seen a few people criticising Kuszczak, not entirely sure what he did wrong if i'm honest. i didn't pay much attention to MOTD so i don't know if i missed something that happened down the other end, but he had no chance with the goal. where did he f**k up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He ****ed up 3 times. 2 of them were from near half way and one was a cross which he came out completely wrong for it and got lucky Brown was behind him to head the ball into corner.

The long shot/clearance fumbles happened twice. Once the ball went pretty close to the right side of the post and he was well beaten and once it landed on the roof of the net, this time he was there to palm it away if needed but he certainly looked like being completely lost on both ocasions.

Also not to mention that when the "clearance"/long shot happened he moved towards the ball only to stop and take ages to figure out the ball is moving in the air and his movement with the back towards the net is horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Smith has the potential to be a 25 goal striker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if he has an really outstanding season. His finishing has never been that good. ASifb is right, 15-goal-a-season-man max.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

I think Saha should go and use that money for a decent striker, Villa fits that. But Dong can come in and play, plus we have Rossi back next year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, Saha isn't a bad striker, nowhere near in fact, but his persistent injury problems mean he can't be relied upon to contribute for long spells. 2006 was relatively injury free for him and he did really well, but since the Christmas period he's been out of form/increasingly injured which does us no good. Thats the only reason I'd advocate his sale at this point.

Secondly, you're dreaming if you think selling Saha gets us anywhere near the amount it would take for us to prise Villa away from Valencia & ASifb is right again when he says that Hargreaves is likely to be the primary, possibly only, target to warrant major spending.

We may have Rossi back for next season but it remains to be seen how Fergie will use him & as far as Dong goes, from what I understand based on the regular reserve watchers in here he's nowhere near ready to contribute regularly at the level we need him to.

I'd be interested to see what people think of RSBs assertion that rather than spend £17mill on Hargreaves (if that figure coming out of Bayern is accurate), SAF should give Pique a chance to operate as DM rather than a CB & invest elsewhere.

I've already said that I agree with ASifb that Hargreaves is likely to be the main target for Fergie in the summer, but as far as those who've seen Pique play, would it be viable to have him operate like that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What was he doing to alert them to being drunk?

I assume they didn't just smell it on him... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He told me he wasn't even drunk, he was probably staggering everywhere though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Realised I forgot Rossi, and would probably have Howard in over Bosnich.

Apart from Rossi, we've never had another Italian then? And we've never had a German either? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taibi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Have you guys ever been linked to the french winger Florent Malouda? I think he's awesome and would be idea for you and probably wont cost an arm and a leg.£10m-12m max. What you lot think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky have linked him to us this season according to the ever expanding list a little up the page

Archived