The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

at the end of the day, when the dust has settled and everyone has calmed down, I'll still love you Keyser. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love you too Jimbo icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anon!:

I have a feeling that Rooney may feel obliged to plant one on Ronaldo before he goes, as a parting gift of course.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>but of course that wouldn't be classless etc. would it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably feels he's vindicated tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I'm also resigned to the fact that we've seemingly not noticed that Mascherano even exists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin Ferguson has tried all sorts of combinations in the FM search box but still can't find him icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

btw does anyone know how to say happy bastille day in French? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marco Materazzi does iirc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A fee in the region of £30 million has been mentioned, but new Real president Ramon Calderon insists there is no chance of the shot-stopper leaving the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfffffffffft... we couldn't afford to pay 30m lira right now ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

do you not think we should be getting rid of a defender to free up transfer funds and wages, then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes. especially one as kidney shaped head useless ones who's contract expires at the end of this coming season.

oh, and vieira can get tae feck. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he's only got a year on his contract we should definitely be getting rid.

• 2 weeks later...

"But, at the end of the day, we will not be stupid. I am quite adamant about that."

I'd think he was fecking stupid if he doesn't sign a central midfielder.

ngngngngng

Die Season Die (I feel we'll need to abbreviate this to 'DSD' in the coming months to save time)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Carrick ifs

Seriously I dont reckon he'll be that good a player. Ever.

He's a half decent midfielder. Not a CL/Premiership winning standard midfielder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

bar tickets, my net contribution to the Glazer retirement fund has been £1.20 (or whatever a coffee costs). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£3 for the programme at the Pompey game for me I think, the George Best one.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

No it really doesn't. At all icon_biggrin.gif

O'Shea >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> joe_cole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SBA >>>>>>>>>>>> * >>>>>> Ashley Cole >>>>>>>>>>>> Wenger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fowler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Benitez >>>>>>>>> * >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> O'Sullivan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So wise as to not completely destroying the page. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D4vid Beckham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Never interested in Tevez, were offered Mascherano twice, Fergie wasn't interested both times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too little too late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm referring to all the excuses made.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

hah, Bagpuss has it icon_biggrin.gif stole it from me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought that was Jim's book ffs icon_frown.gif

Not even remotely near to reading it yet got to finish this one, then the new pratchett then that one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

lads its settled. darren fletcher is going to be a ****ing brilliant player </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pffffffffffffft. i was saying that two or three seasons ago.

the bandwagon is mine marsh icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

poor mark's outlived most of his friends </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Just no mates who combine the two traits of both living locally and being into football in general, let alone united in particular.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

Would any of you lot bet on Man Utd to win the CL @ 12/1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those odds are too short for us even making the quarters icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

although I'm slightly angry at the obviously sub standard side we're gonna put out on Tuesday, after finally making it to a game... I have no desire to watch Kieran Richardson play for us icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson ALWAYS scores when I go and he plays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs

dont want him to play or score icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

We were too casual after Scholesy put the second in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

should have pushed for the 3rd... and also should have made more of the chances that came our way

Park was very poor /o\

Ronaldo not in the groove either.

MoM: Scholes by a mile.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

. . . really impressed with Carrick \o/

oh and Gilberto misses the game next week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Gilberto not to miss another pen next week, then ? icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone feel like linking a youtube clip for the 1st goal last night?

Whenever I look I usually struggle to find the most recent ones. Then we can look at who was AFFG.

Although with the poor standard of coverage in last nights game (the amount of times they lost track of the ball was absurd) I wouldn't count on getting a good angle on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

what is the ticketing situation for the semi now? Ballot for both away and home?

gonna book my plane tickets on thursday for hopefully munich, dont fancy milan. twats.

Much chance of getting tickets? better on the offical trip?

mon \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think our plan was official trip to munich

if its milan i'm not too sure what happens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nazi police cracking more heads. Careful now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karanfett:

You know, theoretically Man Utd could play Chelsea three times in the last 10 days of the sason to decide the three trophies... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow. You're the first person to mention this. No one has noticed it before.

wp sir. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I mentioned this to a friend of mine, though we both hope that Chelsea slip up in Europe and the league to render the tie at Stamford Bridge a formality. I had my hopes on Arsenal stopping their charge, but looking at how impotent the Gunners are...

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

courtesy of my branch sec

please folks can you sign this maybe a Downing street petition may help in the future.

helping real fans get tickets instead of British Gas, Unitel Utilities, BT and Ford etc on a bloody freebee!!!!

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Wembley-Tickets/sign

not that brown gives a frack tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

signed icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

in joint third, it's atvkwkad (or 'all the villans know we're kerrazy about djemba') and Ratinho icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

in second, although he's barely an opposition fan now, it's Frannybaws Cole

and retaining his title for the third year running, and tbf it's only fair he gets to experience winning something this season, tis Juni

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

ACou and Ryan'll be along soon I'm sure. Although Ryan might just babble about Huntelaar.

Surely the fact that we won the premiership without him, when we'd been nowhere near the previous 3 years, is vindication enough for Ruud's departure, legend though he was? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

half of ryans recent posts have just been the word Huntelaar.

Actually Huntelaar would be an awesome name for a disease. rcjuk has came down with Huntelaar's condition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's got a bad case of the Klaas.

Archived