The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 1. (1.) FC Bayern München 34 22 9 3 67 : 32 35 75

2. (3.) SV Werder Bremen 34 21 7 6 79 : 37 42 70

3. (2.) Hamburger SV 34 21 5 8 53 : 30 23 68

4. (4.) FC Schalke 04 34 16 13 5 47 : 31 16 61

5. (5.) Bayer 04 Leverkusen 34 14 10 10 64 : 49 15 52

6. (6.) Hertha BSC Berlin 34 12 12 10 52 : 48 4 48

7. (7.) Borussia Dortmund 34 11 13 10 45 : 42 3 46 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I'd prefer both tbh.

Those two together behind Rooney, Ronaldo, Torres & A N Other makes me drool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A N other?????

Rossi you welsh fool

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dizzie Rascal:

**keeps reminding himeself July 14th, July 14th**

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're gonna need another chair...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Is the 04/05 thread knocking about anywhere? I posted about three times in about thee years, but I'm almost 100% positive Taz owes me money / a drink if Ronaldo's not at United on the opening day of the 06/07 season and the proof's somewhere in there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should still be in the football thread vault I'd imagine.

Ronaldo's comments to the Portuguese press:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't feel the desire to go back to England.

I don't understand what's wrong with the press and why they are making a big fuss out of nothing.

why would want to go back to a country where everyone hates me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair comment, but man up ffs and like FS said in the other thread, you can't have it both ways - either you thrive on the abuse (as claimed after the semi) or you're scared by it. If you just fancy a move to Madrid, say so, quit bullshitting.

If I'd been on the moon for the last month or so and had just come back to see the new thread 28 pages long already in just a couple of weeks, I'd be expecting exciting new signings aplenty :/

28 pages of doom, lovely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

How old is he btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud? 30.

Hell, anyone would think we'd given them van der Sar and Ferdinand icon_biggrin.gif

We'd have got half a million AT MOST for those two players, if we were lucky. Very lucky. Half a million for a backup keeper with premiership and international experience is bad business how?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

If we were tucked away in 3rd place and Chelsea had to beat us to prevent them winning the league....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats almost as impossible as mine surely?! icon_biggrin.gif

Hold on, let me see if I've understood your suggestion. Liverpool and Citeh occupy 1 & 2 with us in 3rd. But a Chelsea victory in a delayed last game of the season against us will ensure neither of those two win it meaning they'd have to be in 4th but still able to win the league?

Which would also mean that we'd be in a position to win the league from 3rd given how close the points would be in such a scenario if we won, but the risk of a draw would see Liverpool/Citeh win the title. Right?

Well a Chelsea in 4th must already be beatable so no I wouldn't give it away to Chelsea. I'd have faith that we'd win the title in such a scenario. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

them was Liverpool. We're away from the la-la land scenario's that have city in the top half of the table in may.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Alright lads.. do you guys want Hayden Mullins on loan for the year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha piping up despite the fact his club is nothing but a creche for chelsea icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

as much as i hate to, thought i'd just post to say I thought your lot where awesome yesterday. played some of the best football i've seen at the reebok (doesn't take much I know!).

anyway, just wanted to say hope you keep it up and push chelsea all the ways. was a pleasure to see some of that stuff yesterday. as horrible and disgusting as it was from a bolton point of view icon_wink.gif

hopefully we'll give you more of a game at OT.

Enjoy watching the football lads, I'll go back and watch some proper bolton magic vs. wigan next week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Carlos iafc

Gary Neville iafc "Fergie should stay for 10 more seasons"

SILLY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I think he's buying into James's 'Fergie should die while in the job' thinking. Just keep him as long as he's alive, basically.

• 2 weeks later...

Giggs was ffffb as far as I could see. I only watched 2nd half though.

And his distribution poor? icon_biggrin.gif He set up at least two chances on a plate in that 2nd half.. plus made some good runs... and generally was a threat.

My 2nd half viewing opinion-

MoM: Rooney

2nd: Giggs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> This post can be safely condensed into; I am a twat. By Westandred. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm assuming he thought you were condoning what happened on the tube etc, which you clearly were not. Just giving an account of your day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived