The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Anyone coming FC vs AFC Wimbledon this Saturday? £7 in, think Mart said he might be, should be good craic with the Wombles and a top atmosphere icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rip off Sunday League sides are better & thats free

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Good line on Redissue, I'd love to see a journo say this tomorrow (if and when he signs)

'Is Carrick really worth 6 Roy Keanes?' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Keane would have cost £3m if we signed him this year icon_rolleyes.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone know where BBB got the £8m up front with £6m add-ons breakdown and how close it is to being legit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give you all one guess, it's all you need.

Players don't just turn like that. RvN wanted to win stuff, United didn't win much of note, no wonder he wanted to leave as early as 05. He saw the signs, the Bellions, the Djemba-Djembas the poor performances, the formations that left him exposed up front, the (at times) non existant service to him.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Senna if only for the cool name would be good icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed.

Tevez is not Chelsea's he plays for Corinthians but is part owned by MSI, who may or may not be linked with Roman Abramovich (I believe no connection between them apart from they both hail from Russia)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I've actually had a few dreams where I'm playing for United at OT :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In these dreams, is there also a blonde girl in the team? because i find it hard to believe you've ever had a dream without her in it.

In fact, does the ball hit her on the nose? That might explain it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm, what?

Sky Sports saying that the Ref from the United match has said that he's seen the replay three times and is sticking with his decision.

Looks like a report will be winging its way to the FA icon_frown.gif

It'll be interesting to see who plays in the centre with Carrick against Ajax tomorrow. Fletcher?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

If we were tucked away in 3rd place and Chelsea had to beat us to prevent them winning the league....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats almost as impossible as mine surely?! icon_biggrin.gif

Hold on, let me see if I've understood your suggestion. Liverpool and Citeh occupy 1 & 2 with us in 3rd. But a Chelsea victory in a delayed last game of the season against us will ensure neither of those two win it meaning they'd have to be in 4th but still able to win the league?

Which would also mean that we'd be in a position to win the league from 3rd given how close the points would be in such a scenario if we won, but the risk of a draw would see Liverpool/Citeh win the title. Right?

Well a Chelsea in 4th must already be beatable so no I wouldn't give it away to Chelsea. I'd have faith that we'd win the title in such a scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Once Fergie is dead it'll be fine.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not for Fergie it won't be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll be dead so wont care?

Seriously, what's the downside? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Downside? We'll get either Carlos or Sven.

Fergie to continue living for at least a few years until Hughes/Keane have won a few things or Hiddink's available. Then he can shuffle off this mortal coil.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Oh for christs sake Boyle has decided to stop his Boyle Bus because of some racist ***** on Saturday.

How the **** am I meant to get to aways now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

racist **** united fans? explain more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Singing that Henry song

I've heard it sung before icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Is Whithaven the dump i've always been told it was? My boss went for a job interview there years ago and turned it down on the basis of the god-awfulness of the town. Also, the nuclear medicine department at Barrow should be covered from Whitehaven, but we're doing it at the moment because Whitehaven can't fill their post, presumably for the same reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much does the job pay?

as for the town it aint that bad ffs i quite like the area

Mart will now say Manchester is the best as he wants be to get a job down there so he can lodge at my house.

Not sure apathy is the right word. More a sullen acceptance that there’s bugger all we can do of any practical note in the short term. FCUM was the best thing that could have happened for the Glazer’s in a way, because it removed a large number of the most active people from the campaign. There’s no focus or leadership so people sit on their arse and moan about it in he pub / on message boards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. fcum was too reactionary and has basically killed any real opposition to glazer because its given those most committed to getting him out a different focus to channel their energies on.

• 2 weeks later...

Tribute to foobs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

We wont sign Evra. Trust me, it's a nothing story.

You can quote me on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Minute 1: Referee S. Bennett forgets to put his black refereeing jersey on and promptly jogs back off to remove his Man Utd one. While off the pitch he accidentally lets West Ham score instead of blowing for a free kick to Man Utd.

Minute 2: Ruud van Nistelrooy, showing complete contempt for every single player on the pitch and the entire crowd, shouts above the allowed decibel as stated in the law, with reference to public disturbances. Police are unable to take action due to being too busy watching the treble DVD at the station.

Minute 4: Wayne Rooney has the utter arrogance to take a shot at the opposition goal far too hard, causing Roy Carroll to have lightly stung palms. Referee Bennett ignores the infringement.

Minute 5: Rooney, now swaggering around having avoided a jail sentence, punches 20 West Ham players in the face. Referee Bennett claims he "didn't see it", while tucking his Vodafone mobile into his pocket.

Minute 5: Alex Ferguson puts away his Vodafone mobile too.

Minute 8: Manchester United fans **** all over the memory of George Best by singing about another player.

Minute 13: Mikael Silvestre is yellow carded for starting the war in Iraq.

Minute 17: Referee Bennett, knowing Man Utd are behind, convenietly stops his watch for too long, then nods to the 4th official to program in 10 minutes of stoppages.

Minute 21: Sir Alex Ferguson illegally shouts instructions to his players, then tests perfume on a dog's eyes.

Minute 22: Park Ji Sung eat's the dog.

Minute 30: Paul Scholes viciously looks in the direction of an opposition player, causing him to get a thigh strain.

Minute 37: Silvestre, now accused of war cimes in a country not controlled by Manchester United, is hung, drawn and quartered. Gary Neville takes his place.

Minute 38: Gary Neville gets immediately into the action, by punching Sheringham in the groin off the ball. Referee Bennett doesn't see, he's too busy encouraging the Man Utd fans to sing for once.

Minute 43: Rio Ferdinand takes the time in a break in play to snort 30 rows of DRUGS.

Minute 46: Sir Alex is seen handing Alan Pardew an evelope filled with £50 bills.

Minute 47: West Ham players fall to the flaw with dubious ease, allowing Wayne Rooney, now carrying an AK-47, to score comfortably, before shooting a volley of bullets into the Upton Park disabled section.

HALF TIME

Minutes 45-90: Referee Bennett sends off every single West Ham player, allowing Man Utd to comfortably romp home. Sir Alex stabs a turk for good fun anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, a year ago everyone was like OMG RUUD IS SO PAST IT NOW WE SHOULD CASH IN QUICK LOIKE and then he proceeded to make trash out of yous all by scoring like an oxen, now a couple of lacklustre performances and its OMG RUUD IS SO PAST IT NOW WE SHOULD CASH IN QUICK LOIKE.

Bet you a thrillion bucks he's with us next season and bangs them in at the start of the season AGAIN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

2 of Richardson, Silvestre and O'Shea will be OUT in the summer, guarenteed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If we're that worried about possession against Chelsea, lets come too an arrangement with Bayern. They release Hargreaves on a free, we sign him on a free so he can play agianst Chelsea, then in January give Bayern 35m for Lahm (which includes 15-20m for Hargreaves) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it wasn't serious, but you couldn't do that anyway. Even if you're released by a club, if you leave outside a transfer window you can't sign for someone else until the next window opens. That's why Ince can't play for Macc Town until January even though his playing registration was released.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Scatter icon_cool.gif

Maybe that might be the case but I think it's far too early to say obviously.

Frankly as I said earlier, I just think that Smith as he is at the moment is no good as cover, seriously I don't even include him, he's that off the pace. I'd sooner see Ronaldo up top any day of the week.

If that's the case, then sending him out on loan makes perfect sense to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As usual, Mika is 110% correct here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Vidic megged again for the goal /o\

Pires777: Go **** out in the match thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Rio that got megged.

Oh and even if we end up winning the treble this year i have lost all credibility in Fergie. I understand the squad is thin etc etc etc but we need 2 ****ING goals and he sends in O'SHEA??? For what? Why the **** does he send in O'Shea when we need 2 goals. Ffs send Park in for the love of god even if he hasn't alot of match practice, don't send ****ing O'Shea who has absolutely no idea of what attacking play means.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Vida will be back to his usual form next Sunday icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

vida vs arsenal last season at OT was soooo icon_cool.gif

that tackle that started for the rooney goal(iirc?)

was immense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

such a great goal :*)

Vida CRUNCHING in - Silvestre WHIPPING it in - Rooney LASHING it in

Something else from the Hargreaves column on the BBC website:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I watch a lot of television - things like CSI and that sort of stuff, and comedies like The Office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He likes CSI icon14.gif

He likes The Office icon13.gif (though I'm sure that has meant he has gone up in Martins expectations)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

btw, if anyone at either of the villa games got a programme, please make yourself known. i promise to stop martin from rabidly attacking you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did for the league game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

serious? any chance you could list me our squad off the back cover from #25 upwards (excluding Silvestre and Kuszczak)?

I guess the MEN are trying to provide a pro-Glazer slant as they do cover FCUM very well and also launched a fan's campaign today.

There was the story last year when they were threatened by United with removal of access etc. that was in Redissue at the time. I think it was said that it was Di Law (might be wrong) who made the threat to the journalist who asked an FC United question to Fergie.

From what I recall, it was Stuart Mathieson who asked the question - he has also wrote this article...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

it's all post xmas bloat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From how many christmases? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

about 32, I reckon (I was ill for 1990)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Manchester United Team v Watford

Tomasz Kuszczak

Gary Neville ©

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Gabriel Heinze

Cristiano Ronaldo

Michael Carrick

John o'Shea (Please break a leg)

Kieran Richardson (Please break both legs and your back)

Wayne Rooney

Ole Solskjaer

Substitutes:

Edwin Van Der Sar

Mikael Silvestre

Wes Brown

Ji Sung Park

Henrik Larsson

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Ole set Ronaldo up with a great chance in the second half don't forget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but it could well be argued that the situation and position where Ole received the ball, the best option would have been to gain more ground before laying the ball off/shooting. Unfortunately he didn't have it in him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Ole won't go. He should still be here as some sort of coach. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't based on anything but how I perceive Ole but I just don't see him as a coach or wanting to be on the training field every day personally.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fact that he comes across as being intelligent and articulate as well as being a model pro means he'd probably be good at youth development especially but I'm not sure I get the "coach vibe" from him as you do with some players. Don't get it from Giggsy or Scholes either. GNev is an obvious choice for someone who does fits the mould for me.

The idea of him being a "club representative/ambassador" that was floated by someone a while back is probably a better fit IMO.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

The Tameside Arena is at the back of my house, I was lay on my bed watching tele when I suddenly could hear extremely loud chanting, didn't have a clue what it was until I got to the pub later and aload of fans came in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha. my mate was at his mrs' in audenshaw and she was asking him 'why are united playing around here, i can't hear the telly? icon_mad.gif'

what pub were you in karl? we ended up in the prince of orange where they had an elvis night on icon_biggrin.gif

btw, you can see what everyone was cheering for on http://www.fcum.tv/ (they have highlights of the game and also a feature length cup final special)... icon_smile.gif

Archived