foobR

1. Hate Alex Ferguson - No. Time for him to move on now though

2. Hate Carlos Queiroz - Yes

3. Hate David Gill - No

4. Hate the Glazers - Yes

5. Hate Rio Ferdinand - No

6. Hate Darren Fletcher - No

7. Hate 90% of their fellow Utd fans - No

8. Hate scousers but see no discrepancy between this and 9) - Hate Liverpool FC, nothing against scousers in general.

9. Love Wayne Rooney - Yes

10. Love Ruud (despite him being a slapped arse, past-it LIAR who's been looking for a move with years) - Yes

11. Once loved but now hate Ronaldo. - No. Cronaldo ifb

12. Love Paul Scholes - Of course. Scholes > *

13. Love Brian Kidd - No

14. Love Ole - How could you not?

15. Love Heinze - Defeinitely

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

There's one flaw in your argument Keyser, and that's that we end up with Quieroz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then it's not a "new broom" is it? A new broom sweeps out all the crap and that includes CQ. And O'Shea, Giggs, Fletcher, Penfold, Saha.................

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Not happy, I feel that we're a little light in the left back area and that we haven't strengthened there yet is worrying. Ashley Cole in please. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Roberto Carlos, y'know, just to bring on for free kicks.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of points on that Jimlad.

Firstly, whether or not our squad players would make other prem squads is irrelevant. Your Liam Miller example is the case in point. The gap between the top 4 and the relegation candidates is so great that i'd be surprised if you could find more than a couple of players from any of their squads that wouldn't get into at least one premiership team. While we have to play those teams twice a season, over the long haul we're not competing with them, so comparing whether our players would get into their squads is irrelevant.

Secondly, the problem with our squad is not the overall quality of the players. If you ignore positions, the nunber of quality players we have would be good enough, especially since adding Carrick. Yet he shows the problem as well. There is one glaring hole in the squad, and a couple of other weak areas. I don't believe that football has changed that much over the years that we've reached a place where a team can realistically expect to challenge without a true defensive (as in detructive) central midfielder. Yet if we don't get Hargreaves or Senna, our options in that area are a creative player who sits deep, or John O'Shea. Add to that the potential weakness on the wings, where our best player has been horribly inconsistent, our next two have been poor for the last few years in one case, and had a decent but no better first season on the other, and the fourth is a young player who hasn't made the grade and may not. Add to that the goals we've lost through Ruud, which have to be made up by a number of forwards who have either never quite held down 1st team spots or are injury prone, and things aren't so rosy as you've made out.

Now all those problems may turn out to be minor. Carrick may be good enough defensively to cover, Ronaldo and Park may show more consistency and ability respectively, Giggs may have an indian summer. Saha may stay fit, and Smith finally live up to his potential. But all those things seem like leaving things to chance, rather than addressing things which were shown to be weaknesses last summer. So while we criticise the makeup of the squad, we don't say things can't be good this season. We say we should be solving the problems of last year, rather than hoping they'll solve themselves. And we won't celebrate and praise any less if they do, we just need to see it happen rather than be told it will, as has happened the last few years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But those free kicks have all been direct as well (although I can't actually recall the Crewe goal at the moment), not like a free header at all. Either our keepers aren't setting up the walls properly or we're just being really unlucky and having some belters scored against us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Brown will never hold down a first team spot at Manchester United in my opinion. A mixture of injuries and better players will see to that and as much as i love Wesley and think hes a great squad player to have i would sell him down the river to get Hargreaves or another good midfielder.

With Evans and Pique i think both could step up to first team squad member status next season. I've been very happy with what i have seen from them both and what they need now is experience. Evans is an international and its great the he has played against teams like Spain and Pique is getting a few games in La Liga and should get a lot more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pique's barely playing for Zaragoza, and unless he can eradicate his inability to turn any faster than the QM2, he won't make it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

jesus christ i might cut myself now, not at the thought of those two monstrous losses but at the thought of deco2o breathing air that could be used by starving africans with aids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hurtful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, it was overly harsh reading it back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oh, and it may have not been mentioned in this Thread yet but... WHAT THE MERRY **** WAS LOUIS SAHA TRYING TO DO SCOOPING IT OVER THE BLOODY KEEPER WHEN HE WAS ONE ON ****ING ONE?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ruud would have buried it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like he buried his last minute penalty tonight :**)

oh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the one on one you moron, not the penalty. They're a lottery. the one on one isn't and ruud would have buried that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so would denis law in his prime. so what

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

we got outta london pretty quick. pretty soon I'd think.

Sure he said something about saving himself for the QFs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was me telling him i'd happily ditch a trip to Lens in favour of spending a week in Rome if we get Roma next

Anyway went to bed instead of watching Chelsea last night as i thought they would walk it so waking up to being 6 points clear has really lifted my mood.

And looking at the F.A Cup, i hope Rossi is going to get half an hour or so. It seems daft to me that we are going to partner a 35 year old loan signing and a 33 year old when we have this highly promising 19 year old that can play the Cantona/Sheringham/Yorke/Rooney role and needs blooding sooner rather than later.

Although i get the feeling that Richardson and co will also start against Villa. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Park v Blomqvist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has to be Park. I never 'got' Blomqvist. I know he had a few good seasons before he joined us but just didn't ever see through his performances with us why he was rated so highly.

Park on the other hand is a real handful going forward, he does seem to create quite a few chances - although he needs to beef up on the defensive side - players seem to plough through him when he tackles them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haw matt, shut the **** up ta icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like you all told me to when I said that we would lose today?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ferguson set to ring the changes

Posted 26/01/07 14:14

EmailPrintSave

Sir Alex Ferguson is contemplating a couple of changes ahead of Manchester United's FA Cup fourth-round clash with Portsmouth at Old Trafford. Although the Red Devils chief is confident a few minor niggles in the United camp will have cleared for the visit of Harry Redknapp's overachievers, he is still looking to spread the load in a busy week that also features two Premiership outings.

Gabriel Heinze and goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak could be among those to benefit, while Henrik Larsson may be rested.

Kick-off 5.15pm.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney, Larsson, Heinze, Saha, Brown, Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson, Solskjaer, Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

What's the opinion on Bale in here? Will you lot be disappointed if you miss out like it seems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has potential.

I personally wouldn't be too disappointed. We have Heinze and Evra, both of whom are class left backs. So he wouldn't exactly be a front runner for the position anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Fergie comments broadcast on the BBC, is he starting to come around to them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seething so much he didnt care who/what he was shouting at? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Guy on redcafe saying a news program in norway has posted a link to youtube and claims its Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQc3dkI-uBU

The video says its two different young kids but who knows. I cant see feck all but a black screen at work so Nick might be able to shed some light on if its him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hard to say really. the second kid definitely isn't him, but you never really get a good enough look at the first kid. there were moments when i thought it looked like him and others where i thought 'nah'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Just a quick point on the Rio/Radzinski incident. It clearly wasn't a red, as the ref's directive is a push to the chest is a yellow, and one to the face is a red. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it was to the face?

Not everyone is slitting their wrists tbf Nick, I think it's fair enough that people want to criticise the performance tonight, which wasn't good on the whole.

But yeah, like I said it hasn't shown me anything that I didn't already know and ultimately, it's job done and our key players rested which is all that counts really. I won't be having nightmares tonight.

can't emphasise enough how immense Rio was today. his best performance for us i reckon, stepped up when Vida was struggling, that was as close as you're ever like to get from Rio to a Vidic/Terry-esque performance - everything that came into the box was met by him. f**king superb.

I stand by my views earlier, I never care about the FA Cup til we get to the business end, it's simply a distant third in the list of priorities and always will be.

I'd have taken an FA Cup defeat for 3pts at the Emirates without a shadow of a doubt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Look right

You WILL beat Bolton

You WILL beat Blackburn

You WILL beat Portsmouth

You WILL beat Middlesbrough

You WILL beat Man City

You WILL beat West Ham

There you have 18 points. Chelsea can only take 30 more. You have currently a 9 point lead. Chelsea will not take maximum points from their remaining games, therefore the three points difference we can feasibly make back isn't going to happen, so the title is yours.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The league is our best chance, but depending on our striker situation, in addition to our recent poor form (first half v Boro aside) i could see us stupidly drawing at least two of those games. While i don't see you winning every game between now and the end of the season either, it's certainly not over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You WILL beat Middlesbrough and you WILL beat Watford, so you're in the Cup Final. We on the other hand won't beat Spurs, so the quadruple is gone. Up to you what you wanna do with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd expect us to beat Watford, but it's getting there. Fergie has already said we're going to have to use the pool of players now, so it may depend almost entirely on what team we put out. It could be a long way from the first team. As for you, i think Spurs missed their chance, and you'll beat them in the replay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You'll beat Roma and Milan, perhaps struggle through against Bayern. We'll maybe beat Valencia then lose to Liverpool. Once again, it's then down to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For someone with such a large knowledge of world football, you seem to have missed an awful lot of our performances in europe over the last few years. Our home performances have been patchy at best, our away ones almost uniformly awful. And the worst parts about that have been that a) they've continued this season despite the league resurgance, and b) they've seem to have been as much down to the way the team has been asked to play as it being any fault of the players, which makes it harder to imagine things changing. Again, with regards to Chelsea, you've been far more comfortable against liverpool (with the exception of the last CL meeting), and with two tight thinking teams, in Drogba and Lampard you've got the two players most likely to come up with the deciding goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I fully expect many to find faults here but ultimately you'll end up with far more trophies than us this season, over-the-top pessimism or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really can't see you winning 4, but i can't see us winning more than 2 at the absolute best, so i'd say it'll be close again at the death, probably even or you one ahead in a straight trophy count.

• 1 month later...

Jesus, is that all you fall back on? If someone goes overboard and says that someone is 'awesome' when he clearly is nowhere near it, I think it deserves a response.

Didn't see United winning either, then Gattuso left the field and the midfield was overrun. I can't remember Gilardino getting the ball once come to think of it.

We're going to win the lot.

THE LOT.

We will probably do it the hardest, most nerve wracking way possible (penalties for both cups, gd for the league)

but we are going to win the lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*reports post for possible hacked account*

Are we playing for kittens? What exactly is the prize here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The combined post count of Mika and BBB added to your karma?

Or deletion of any Scouse supporting user of your choice?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

our 3rd european cup final since 99, is it not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ignoring the fact it's your second, if we win the league this season it'll be our ninth since '90, will it not? oh well, you're a decent cup side, can always rest your hat on that. :****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was counting the waffa amigo :*)

I don't mind being a decent cup side right now. best days are in front of me. bet you wish you could say the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somehow the Liverpool fans ignore the fact that the League was our main priority from the beginning. (well for the fans anyway, i am sure Fergie wanted CL over league)

Tbf the only reason most of us wanted to qualify today was to beat you in the final. If it was anybody else except Liverpool in the final we wouldn't have cared in the slightest bit and winning it would have been the most welcome bonus possible.

Archived