The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

so ruud isnt playing now. so his value wont go up. hopefully no-one will want him now so fergie will be forced to keep him. saha will inevitably get injured and ruud will have to step up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

Technically I've never seen Fletcher play icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same again tonight then icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You rate KR, you can't talk.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

is the word on the street </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart thinks he's Huggy Bear now icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahaha Huggy Bear icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

christ, some of you think he's a mixture of Pele and Mother Theresa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As opposed to Saddam Hussein and Hitler?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

also the irony is in that first Giggs clip on youtube, after ~1.50mins it's Alan Smith that he breezes past icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know puts my whole argument down the toilet really icon_frown.gif.

Anyway just got back from watching reserves ended up 6-2 to us when I left Rossi got two icon_cool.gif, Eagles got one, Jonah got one and the left back of ours , not sure on the name but was captain. All the team was pretty good with their one touch passing except for Liam Miller , I ask you guys how on earth does he get a game of football before Darren Fletcher. Whilst I am not Fletchers biggest admirer, he should be getting more action that Miller. Every time he got the ball he gave it away, he was as useless as a choclate kettle.

Smithy was fighting for every ball as usual even if he was off the pace a bit , which is to be expected. Rossi was frustrating himself before he got the goal , then you could see the confidence back all his little touches were sublime and thought David Jones was our best player with an honourable mention to Chris Eagles icon_eek.gif .

Expect Rossi in squad for Wednesday and Smith maybe back September some time.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

I texted Nick with the news and he hasn't responded.

Either he's committed suicide, is plotting fergie's assassination, or is still asleep.

Probably the latter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's responded to me, he's not exactly happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

if he had been left out of the champions league final i could understand him getting the hump. but lets face it, he knew and understood we play reserve players and youngsters in the carling cup, so why was it all of a sudden such a big deal that he decided to throw his toys out of the pram? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO icon_biggrin.gif Against Blackburn and in the final we played everything BUT reserve players or youngers :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Well we have to vote for somebody. Wes made mistakes as did everyone else. There just weren't many stand-out performers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but regardless of that, there weren't many other glaring errors that led to Spurs getting chances that were basically sitters. If Silvestre had the game Wes did yesterday, nobody but Mika would have had a good word to say about him. But even having said that, i could take your point about considering him one of the best two of a bad lot, but there were even some 'Brown was immense' style comments.

Personally, i agree that there weren't any stand outs, so i'd perm two from three of Neville, Evra and VDS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem with this type of exercise is that it's very hard to be 100% objective. I think we all have favourite players who we look out for. As you said, Silvestre would never have got as many votes as Wes. Even when I put him second, I was thinking that Wes didn't particularly play better than Rio. They were both OKish. I was also aware that Wes had made several mistakes, but I balanced that against several good tackles and blocks which he also made.

The other thing is that Rio at his best is a better defender, and he cost more, so I expect more from him. Unless he has an immaculately majestic game (which he's well capable of) I would never vote him as MoM.

Gaz had a solid game, did nothing wrong, but he wasn't tested that much either, especially being up against Mido who is patently not a winger. Same for Edwin - totally reliable, but it's very, very difficult for a keeper to win MoM without making many brilliant saves and Spurs didn't have many shots on target. Brown had to do a lot more because of his position and the way Spurs played, most of which he did competently.

It's not logical, it's not even fair, but that's how I made my decision.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Agree on Fletcher, he has been ones of the highlights of the season so far. Thought that Carrick was poor though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem with Carrick was that both him and Scholes were both very deep and Rooney was man marked by two men, so the only person who he could get a pass to was Saha. Another thing was the Celtic midfield had two men always closing down Carrick and he couldn't get the pass off on more than one occasions, but I still think he played some simple balls and sprayed some nice long balls, especially one to Rooney in first half.

Also did anyone else see Lennon and one of his team mates scrapping with each other. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

west ham icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just justified me wanting us to lose in Copenhagen icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why on earth were you wanting us to lose? icon_confused.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Player of the Month ronaldo

Worst player of the month richardson

Most improved player of the month wes brown for an inspiring midfield performance

Goal of the month saha against chelsea

Moment of the month having every leftback at the club playing at the same time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

its true

O'Shea resembled a footballer for parts of the 2nd half :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

what? in that he had boots on? icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Saha doing his level best to completely **** up my bet with Jimlad icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's only got 8 goals left to get though mate (scored 12 iirc), and there's plenty of games left...or are there?

Why the feck isn't Fletch even on the bench? Surely it makes more sense to have either MS or WB on the bench rather than both.

Actually screw that, unless he's injured he should absolutely be in the starting XI.

And JSP should be starting as well ffs.

I think this might be the most annoyed I've been in a while about a team selection.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

BBB so useless tbf

Not only did you miss of Marshy (god only knows how he went out to the cinema with us fatty) he missed of Burrage too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And XBilly from the "No Show Gang".

id honestly love to see mika's room, i bet its like something from that partridge episode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which would be like what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 2 min 10 secs into this clip icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

please? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much will you pay us for him?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

what is the ticketing situation for the semi now? Ballot for both away and home?

gonna book my plane tickets on thursday for hopefully munich, dont fancy milan. twats.

Much chance of getting tickets? better on the offical trip?

mon \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you want to get in the away leg you will do fact

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. In the bigger picture momentum is vital. Getting a win there will help maintain the momentum that we gained from tonight. Also with the key factor of avoiding injuries, it is a Massive game, but the following Saturday is the MASSIVE one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we win at Everton we win the league. I am confident on that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Schmeichel

Vidic

Bruce

Giggs

Keane

Scholes

Ronaldo

Kanchelskis

Cantona

van Nistelrooy