The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Atletico Madrid have stated star striker Fernando Torres is not for sale following his impressive World Cup.

The likes of Milan and Manchester United have already been mooted as possible destinations for the Spain international.

Torres bagged three goals as Spain reached the second round in Germany, but their participation ended following a 3-1 loss to France.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo has warned other clubs off from making a bid, but says Torres can leave if his lofty release clause is met.

"He has a clause of £41.4 million and anyone that wants him should pay it," said Cerezo to The Sun.

"We have not had any offers or contact with anyone. Fernando is an Atletico Madrid player. He wants to stay with us.

"Fernando is not for sale. We have no intention of selling - on the contrary we are a buying club." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Ronaldo and Rooney were not team mates tonight, Manchester United did not come first and the physical contact was nothing you wont see in training from time to time. Get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bit of luck they wont be team mates again icon14.gif

it was classless, pure and simple. take your 'oh man, that flick was GREAT!' tinted glasses off and accept thats ronaldos game.

thread title STILL so apt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sell him and play o'shea on the wing :*)

win-win baby

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamt that we bought Pirlo :/

Having slept on it, still a 'no' to Defoe, although the ONLY saving grace I can think of is that he can at least carve out chances on his own, which is pretty fundamental to any striker we sign given that our midfield will read Richardson-Giggs-O'Shea-Fletcher next season.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

like Taz knows the numbers off by heart icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made a list of current and all time top goalscorers and appearences for United at the start of pre season in excel. I was going to make a big excel book of facts and figures to do with the club that was easy to update through the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Listen you little aussie *****. if you don't **** off. I'm going to get Marlow to give me your IP address. I'll find out where you live, catch the next flight to topsy turvey land, kick down your door, strangle the life out of you, break your neck, whap my **** out and **** all over your freshly dead corpse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You scare mr E thug, I'm so scared of your net threats.

please get my ip and come to Australia I will happily give you my mobile number once you touchdown and will greet you with a video camera to post our meeting on Youtube for all to see. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gahahahaha, "E thug" icon_biggrin.gif.

Like that post was actually serious in any way shape or form? Do us a favour eh lad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

Listen you little aussie *****. if you don't **** off. I'm going to get Marlow to give me your IP address. I'll find out where you live, catch the next flight to topsy turvey land, kick down your door, strangle the life out of you, break your neck, whap my **** out and **** all over your freshly dead corpse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You scare mr E thug, I'm so scared of your net threats.

please get my ip and come to Australia I will happily give you my mobile number once you touchdown and will greet you with a video camera to post our meeting on Youtube for all to see. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gahahahaha, "E thug" icon_biggrin.gif.

Like that post was actually serious in any way shape or form? Do us a favour eh lad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems alot of people like doing backflips here, you know deep down you were serious and judging by the reaction of your minions..

jeez just been calculating how to get up and down to Manchester from here for a game.

it's a **** of a trip. potentially about 18 hours and costing 50+ quid if I dont order my train about a month in advance which I cant do because the ticket office never let me know if I got tickets til really late

icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has tipped Giuseppe Rossi to take The Premiership by storm.

The 19-year-old completed a loan move to Newcastle last week to the surprise of many United fans, who felt he was on the verge of breaking into their first team.

Rooney feels that Rossi will make a success of his four-month stint at St James' Park, and praised the Italian's extraordinary goalscoring ability.

"Giuseppe is a great player and one to watch out for," hailed the England ace.

"I see him every day in training and he has really impressed me. His touch, feel of the ball and awareness are nothing short of brilliant.

"He is perhaps the best finisher at Manchester United and he will only get better."

Rooney is confident that Rossi will return to Old Trafford an improved player after consulting two men with first-hand experience of Magpies boss Glenn Roeder's talent for nurturing youngsters.

"I have talked to the likes of Michael Carrick and Joe Cole about the way Glenn Roeder brought them through at West Ham and the feeling at Old Trafford is that Giuseppe is in good hands with Newcastle," Rooney explained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Ole might disagree with that icon15.gif

So it was my first visit to OT of the season, and what a waste of time.

Kucscak 6

Neville 6

Silvestre 6 Evra 7

Rio 6

Brown 4

O Shea 3

Fletcher 6

Scholes 5

Ronaldo 6

Rooney 5

Saha 7

We looked sleepy, unfit, and worst of all, not interested.

Such a shame that after a great start to the season we balls it up against one of our biggest rivals by putting in such a sh|te display.

Its not just the team to blame - what was fergie thinking in leaving Carrick on the bench?

I can bet you there were at least 1000 people in the stands who could have done a better job than O' Shea last night. The only reason Fergie plays him in DM is because he's crap going forward, but he hasnt realised he's crap off the ball, passing it, and anything else regarding anything to do with a football.

MOst of all i was disappointed in Scholsey. As onr of our most experienced guys, and someone who had a brilliant game in midweek v Celtic, it was amazing how often he was stood still. It was like he didnt want to recieve the ball, which is not the Paul Scholes i know and love. Something must have been up with him.

I thought of Keano during and after yesterdays game, and not just because we could have done with him on the pitch. But how he had a go at some of the team for not putting the effort in, only now have i realised that he was 100% right.

Some of them dont realise that 70 odd thousand people come to OT, spending hard earned cash to watch their team play some football. We can take getting beat if the team has tried and been unlucky and outclassed, but last night we were outclassed in terms of desire and work ethic - something that should never happen in a fergie or United team.

Rant over (i feel a little better now)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">haw, good timing Blaine, who have FC got on Saturday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAW

FC are away at Newcastle (no barcodes in sight, they are 'under lyme')

Train to Stoke on Trent then a quick taxi if you fancy.

Else, the club coach will drop you off outside the ground...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Nice:

guys, what was the away support like?

when they came up here they were possibly the best away support i've ever seen at Celtic park, beating a very loud Basle by a mile... great banter in the pubs too icon14.gif

sounds like they were singing the same songs as they sang at us icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were good, not as loud as Newcastle though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I agree with Bling about Bent, I suggested it months ago, like he says, his goal return with a shitty side like Charlton is fantastic, imagine him with Ronaldo/Scholes/O'Shea

*droolriffic*

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll be ****ing fuming if the likes of gonch/pickles get one and I don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been offered one of the guaranteed four my "contact" gets icon_smile.gif Not sure I've got the money to go though, so may just wait for the final.

My dad was chatting to the bloke who brokered the deal between United and AIG on the train on Tuesday - he gets between 60-200 tickets for every game at OT so trying to get us Cup Final tickets too. icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

so i see

2 fa semis plus the fianls of the fa the shield and the worthless cup ie 5 games then england internationsl which would be no more than 4/5 a year on average and the RL cup final

10/11 games a year or £135 a game approx

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

now come on sevilla \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y halo thar.

Top scorer in La Liga :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

as i understand it Anderson WAS part-owned by both Porto and this company/agent, and the transfer fee we've paid is split between the two parties giving us full ownership? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah therefore there's no problem, it would be sensible for the EPL to look into it and check that's the case, so it wouldn't suprise me if they did, but only as a precaution.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

that chip was the second best thing about that game. the best was David James having a tanty after Wayne's first goal and kicking the goalframe in frustration </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wasnt he getting LOADS of banter from the crowd during that game? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Basically everytime we go to Martin's after a game he always bursts in first & makes us stand outside whilst he 'tidies' his room. As you can see this 'tidying' involves pushing everything under his bed. I reckon there is probably a whole ecosystem evolving under there now.

I also saw that cup many times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha SO true.

Next season we can chill out in the living room \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha I'd do a few sex wees if that was true icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But its all very like the Anderson\Nani rumours. Two players that seemingly played in the same position and the concensus was that we'd get one or the other. Obv we got both, but I'm wondering if its the same with this, as neither rumour will go away.

(NOTW saying we've offered for Huntelaar, and Telegraph saying we've approached for Tevez&gticon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could well be wrong but i dont ever recall us being linked with Anderson. It was a move that came out of the blue.

We are in the market for a striker but i would guess that is dependant on the funds raised from player sales.

Archived