The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Christ, it's come to something when FM's literally the only thing we have to talk about in here at the moment icon_frown.gif

Loving the World Cup, but I wish it'd hurry up and finish so we can sort out some bloody signings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See what happens, you let foobR start the thread and it turns into GQ icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we just get a woeful title that I'm going to whinge about all season icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

No right-thinking manager would want to touch the job now. An ageing squad, no money </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fat Sam could do the job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Strange that Fletch is wearing 7 and yet Ole has his usual 20... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they have tour squad numbers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably, Rossi is wearing 9 and Richardson is wearing 8.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

I'd agree with it, only way we'll challenge Chelsea, building for the future means feck all with Roman around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the contrary, it's the only way we'll have a chance to compete. There's no way we can compete in terms of buying a team, no-one can. Building one is the only chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So in 3 years time we have a bunch of decent 27 year olds, but Roman once again buys up the best players in the same age bracket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll do that anyway? So we'll either have a group of 27 year olds coming into their prime together, or a group of 32/33 yr olds who'll need replacing again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

so is it established now that we should treat smith like a midfielder, or will he come back to a striker's role? if its the former then i suppose (sigh) that could help explain our lack of midfield signings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Midfielder if Ruud stays and Forward if he goes with Giggs, O'Shea and Scholes being our main midfielders for next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

It doesn't matter tbf, Alves >>>>>>>> Pennant. Pennant iafc.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes he is, but he is still a fb player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fb in an assisting sort of way? I disagree. Goalscoring? no. Running at players and knocking the ball behind for a goalkick, \o/*

*I never said any of this if Pennant ends up being fb. Never did I say a word. NOT A WORD YOU HEAR ME? I was of course in support of the signing of Pennant from day 1. Anybody can tell you the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif. Look considering who I support I would love to say that Pennant is **** because I hate the little kunt. Despite all this, the guy can play football and will be fb for you next year.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

United look for Brondby deal

Manchester United are planning to arrange a co-operation deal with Danish side Brondby.

The Premiership giants already have similar links in place with clubs around the globe, with the most prominent being with Royal Antwerp in Belgium.

But it appears Brondby could become a leading feeder club for United after Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed the proposal.

"We have clear plans to enter into a formal agreement with Brondby," Ferguson told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

"The club is doing a fantastic job in developing young talent and I'm sure that a permanent arrangement will be something that both clubs will benefit from."

Brondby recently appointed Rene Meulensteen as their new coach, with the Dutchman having been The Red Devils' reserve team boss.

Former United youngster Mark Howard has also signed for the club and Ferguson confirmed he keeps in contact with Meulensteen.

He added: "Of course I follow what is happening in Denmark when Rene works there.

"He is a fantastic coach who I had many good years with in Manchester."

Brondby director Anders Bjerregaard has revealed he is looking forward to the opportunity to discuss the possibility of a partnership with United.

Bjerregaard said: "A conversation with Manchester United will be very interesting. We must, of course, hear what they have to say.

"But in the long run, I am sure that an agreement will be of great benefit to both partners.

"We can easily see ourselves taking the initiative and putting this enquiry to Manchester United to get a formalised agreement in place."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the carpark near the ticket office is open.

Oh & I see we are linked with Tevez again in the mirror today. Apparetly he has asked to leave after falling out with the new coach. He was stripped of the captaincy because he doesn't speak Portugese. Shocking thing is there are actually quotes from Tevez in the (brief) article. Says it's Bayern & ourselves as the front runners with Chelsea not interestes in getting into a bidding war.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Cantona 10 pts

Best 9

Hughes 8

Ruud 7

Keane 6

Charlton 5

Robson 4

Scholes 3

Ole 2

Stiles 1

And before any fecker says " you gotta have seen 'em "- I did icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're back to Billy Meredith again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh. Flash git, tbh. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you too young for Edwards, Eddie?

And no Law icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was only three in '58, so much too young to remember Edwards unfortunately.

Law out because Nobby's in, I'm afraid. '66 World Cup Winners have precedence over ex-Citeh players, tbh. icon_wink.gif

NSwfffbbbb. !!!!!

Ok, so, i just loaded a new game of FM as i fancy a break from my 20 year career game at the moment.

Does anybody want to explain two things to me?

a) why all the promising youngsters we have in real life don't appear to be highly regarded at all.

and mainly:

b) why Saha and Ruud have identical pace and acceleration?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm in shock that there was no !! in PJ's post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That make up for it Mart?

MAtt you know I'm joking. I know you rate there ability, just you hate them.

haha nick has turned unspeakably crap all of a sudden?

riise part of a defence that kept 30 clean sheets last season.

aurelio's played about 5 games and has looked promising in most of them, but too early to judge either way.

raise the bar son, or i will kill you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

roffle, I left a friendly early, so what?

PJ makes ONE game a year and it's always Fulham.

JCL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would make more if I could get a job.

• 4 weeks later...

Tequila is frigging disgusting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tequila is frigging awesome. it's the thought of mixing it with Corona (Corona ffs!) that is making me cringe.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Any of you lads who go to away matches going to come down to a London game?

I'll even construct a papier mache wall for you if it helps... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tickets permitting icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye what James said.

Man, I can't fecking wait for tomorrow.

Oh the ticket office are *****, can't check the ballot keeps repeating the same message over and over and over.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

who scored against us with a penalty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reading. In a game we really should have won.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Then we talk about end product and i think its agreed he has it in spades now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't go that far just yet.

Ronaldo has been magnificent so far this season, and yeah his end product is much improved on what it was a year ago. But the best thing of all is that I still think there is a lot more to come from him. I'm not trying to be critical, but he still does things in a game where you're thinking "yeah that's a great run and it relieves the pressure on our defence, but he could have done more at the end of it."

Those occassions are less frequent than they used to be, but by the time he's into his mid-20's, and his decision-making will hopefully have improved with experience, he'll be even more effective.

Praise him by all means, but he's not the finished article yet, the thought of what he will be like when he is though, man icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand by what i said. Yes there is more to come from Ronnie, yes he still picks the wrong option at times but that doesnt mean he hasnt got end product in spades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by finneys13:

How are you going to play Bale, Heinze and Evra in the same team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heinze will go imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnson8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnson8:

Anyone with any updates on the youth cup match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0-0 at H/T, but that was a while ago now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, any chance with goal updates etc.? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No clue sorry, I was going on a text from Juni about 45mins ago icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Our football at times > anything Arsenal have ever produced </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh i love the way people STILL say on their day arsenal play the best football in the prem. that was in 2004, they should try watching some of our stuff now.

media = haters

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Think i have to break up with my girlfriend with whom i have a relation of 2 years going.

She's asking me to put her on top of United in my priority list which is something i will never ****ing do.

I mean i wanna go in the movie business, make a **** load of money and buy United. What in gods earth makes her think she's gonna be over United in the priority list when i am prepared to go bankrupt to buy the club for the love of god. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm where have i heard that before?

p.s. huntelaar >>>>*

for me bent is nowhere near united class, though my mate who's a charlton season ticket holder raves about him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care icon_biggrin.gif As long as it's mine, all mine!

• 4 weeks later...

I know some of you have taken advantage, but it’s bloody annoying that the club seemingly guarantees tickets for any member that books on a official trip, yet those that have the temerity to want to travel independently get screwed in the ballot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

get rid of the cantishness and yeah, he's quality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but you cant, so its moo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've all seen the difference getting rid of a selfish, bad apple striker can make. Why then bring one back in?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

ouch. head hurts.

Hargreaves at Carrington this morning apparently, good stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that be for stuff with us, or for stuff with England though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

us. he was excused from england training.

Archived