The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

I really think the bigger threat this year is Spurs, Liverpool for my liking still haven't strengthend with enough quality to carry it off for the entire season.

Still think Chelsea will take it tho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, bless. :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Andy, i really think that, as you'll be fighting to win back the CL too.

Just don't see Bellamy and Crouch up front as the answer. I'll change my opinion if you pull off the signing of Kuyt though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

So thats Ruud staying then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

crilly so wise :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm as wise as Mr.Wise from the City of Wise with a PHD in Wise applications and uses in a modern society of wise people

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

So thats Ruud staying then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

crilly so wise :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm as wise as Mr.Wise from the City of Wise with a PHD in Wise applications and uses in a modern society of wise people

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

£18m for Carrick? What a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not £18m upfront. Depends on incentives and shizzle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

The squad for tonight:

United: Van Der Sar, Simpson, Lee, McShane, Ferdinand, Gibson, Martin, D. Jones, Eagles, Rossi, Rooney.

Subs from: R. Jones, Shawcross, Gray, Rose, J. Evans, Ngalula, Mullan, Barnes, Campbell, Marsh.

A very interesting line-up. Gibson and Jones in the centre, Martin getting another start and Rossi and Rooney partnering eachother up front for the first time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick just exploded with joy.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

**** off, I'm not a right-back icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but it is <STRIKE>Fergie</STRIKE> Quieroz picking the side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How dare he try to tell us how to support our team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

However much I agree with the point the bloke who wrote that article is trying to say, I find the above line slight hypocritical, yes Fergie shouldn't tell us how to support the club, but neither should he, we all support the club in the way that feels right for us personally. The kids in the jester hats and blow horns will support United one way, the men in suits will support it another way, those who look on from a far, either at Bury with FC United or the otherside of the world in Australia, everyone has their own way of supporting United, Mart for example leaves early. But no one person, whether it be Fergie, Gill, Glazer, or a fellow fan, can tell another fan how to support the club. If I was there Saturday, I probably would boo Ferguson, but I'd also sing my heart out for the eleven guys out there wearing Red (in VDS's case yellow or green). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Man Utd suffer triple injury blow

Manchester United will be without Ryan Giggs, Louis Saha and Gary Neville for Wednesday's Champions League match against FC Copenhagen.

Neville has suffered a recurrence of the calf problem which has troubled him this season, and will also miss the Premiership match against Portsmouth.

Giggs could also miss Saturday's match against Pompey, after sustaining a hamstring injury

Meanwhile, Saha has been ruled out because of a knee problem.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a problem for this game but i want them all back for Pompey.

Brown, Fletcher and Solskjaer to come in tomorrow then.

how exactly does the away ticket scheme work?

do non-season ticket holders actually have a chance at getting them? and if so, does the number of home games you apply for have any bearing on getting away tickets? do you have to apply for every away game to be eligible for away tickets (season ticket holder or not)?

it all seems very convoluted...

Some clubs must have won all three before but I doubt any have done so with one single manager at the helm & vice-versa there are probably 3-4 managers who have all three to their name but not all with one club. The fact that the CWC was incorporated into the UEFA Cup a while back now helps narrow the list of potential candidates some.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“It’s a good bit of business for us," added the boss. "He can change games and showed that against Arsenal in the Champions League final. I think he won that game for Barcelona and change things around for them.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bastard Ferguson- just when I thought I'd got over it.

• 1 month later...

I'd rather lose the Cup game. Realistically for the league it's us or Chelsea, whereas in the cup we could easily draw Arsenal/Liverpool or Chelsea next round and get knocked out.

That's really badly worded, but I know what I mean. Basically I don't trust us in knockouts anymore, so I'd rather we accumulated league points.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

://///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Scatter: So, if this goes through and Mascherano goes to Liverpool - do you start with the face or go for Fergie's nuts from the off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll be a joke if FIFA allow it. basically what they'll be saying is what seems to happen with so many other rules like the pro-licence etc, that what constitutes exceptional circumstances is basically someone saying "we'd like to not abide by this rule on this occasion please". </div></BLOCKQUOTE> if/when you lot sign Hargreaves, you can make FIFA bitchslap UEFA so he can play in the CL for you this season. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All this talk about squad strength in defence is due to signing Vidic and Evra last January and they've gone on to be first pick of course.

However, doesn't this make you think that why aren't we also trying to sign squad players of a similar level in midfield? Both the above were already internationals with other clubs interested, yet United shelled out the money. We're to believe that there are funds available. Hargreaves is a good player and I'd love to see him at United, but aren't there other decent midfielders out there?

It just seems a bit strange that 2 defenders were signed so quickly and easily when the midfield area was in more desperate need and since then only Carrick has joined

All this talk about squad strength in defence is due to signing Vidic and Evra last January and they've gone on to be first pick of course.

However, doesn't this make you think that why aren't we also trying to sign squad players of a similar level in midfield? Both the above were already internationals with other clubs interested, yet United shelled out the money. We're to believe that there are funds available. Hargreaves is a good player and I'd love to see him at United, but aren't there other decent midfielders out there?

It just seems a bit strange that 2 defenders were signed so quickly and easily when the midfield area was in more desperate need and since then only Carrick has joined

• 1 month later...

richardson wasnt at all bad last night tbh, thought heinze was an accident waiting to happen at centre back and were it not for rob 'look at me' styles he would have been sent off and they would have been back in it.

how old is richardson btw? really dont get the excessive hate, i wonder if bardsley will get booed as well when he returns?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

As Wilbie says, reaching the semi was much more than hoped for at the start and you've got to congratulate the players on the way we got here but to wither away like that was rather disappointing.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That attitude bugs me slightly. I see the point, but it isn't the start of the season. We had a lead (not much of one, but still) after the 1st Leg of a Semi final, and we should really be expecting to go through. Sitting back after the event and saying 'oh well to get thi far was qg, more than we expected etc' is a cop-out.

Not directed at you specifically btw, just that attitude in general

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Is that 5 weeks minimum, i.e just the group stages? Or 5 weeks max if they get to the final? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

latter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i doubt saha has been shirking off tbh, prob a case of not 100% fit and not wanting to risk it. things like hamstring/groin injuries can get a lot worse if you play with them when tweaked and given his poor injury run you can understand it to an extent.

the guy was one of our key players up to january, im sure hes as disappointed to have missed out on part 2 of the season as anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While that's all true, there's also a psychological element, in that many players who are often injured are so worried about something recurring that they sit out games that they might otherwise have played, and overreact to minor niggles. Footballers will tell you that they rarely feel 100% fit due to the demands of the sport, and often play through some level of pain.

• 4 weeks later...

Thread Names. We dont need Man Utd in the title.

"We are the champions my friends and we'll keep on fighting to the end"

"Nani, Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney & Rossi. Come spill your man juice along with us"

"He plays on the left, his mate on the right, now we have twice the portuguese to make you look sh!te"

"Manchester United - Bringing you the best since 1902"

Thread Names. We dont need Man Utd in the title.

"We are the champions my friends and we'll keep on fighting to the end"

"Nani, Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney & Rossi. Come spill your man juice along with us"

"He plays on the left, his mate on the right, now we have twice the portuguese to make you look sh!te"

"Manchester United - Bringing you the best since 1902"

Archived