The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

he seems to be reported in the media as a reason so many things go tits up.

keane bust up with cq due to interfering with tactics. blamed for the formation change. blamed for rooneys doc leaving. blamed for being portuguese in the ruud/ronaldo bust up. blamed for the iraq war.

i dont really buy it tbh, there no doubt hes not the saviour we all thought he was when he returned from madrid but hes used as a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong by far too many people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's done because some people don't want to criticise Fergie. I just find it quite bizarre, not that people don't like him or think he's not good enough, but don't seem to get that whether he wields no more power than an advisor, or is picking the team and the tactics, Fergie is the manager and therefore the buck stops with him.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally spot on imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bayern Munich insist that Ruud van Nistelrooy wants to join them ahead of Real Madrid and the Dutchman's agent admits a move to Germany is still very much an option.

Bayern and Real are leading the chase for the Dutch international, who is all set to leave Manchester United after five years at Old Trafford.

The Spanish giants thought they had concluded a deal earlier this week, but United rebuffed that bid - which maintained Bayern's hope of sealing a swoop.

Bayern Munich's chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge remains confident of luring the Dutchman to Germany

"He wants to joins us," insisted Rummenigge when asked about Real's bid.

Van Nistelrooy's agent Rodger Linse insisted Bayern are very much still an option for him.

"Bayern are certainly a very good opportunity and we are now keen to make a quick decision, possibly in the next couple of days," Linse told Kicker

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>give us Hargreaves then if you're so keen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves + 5 million please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

we could have had him for £2.5million two years ago! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's not the fergie way :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

So, Ruud's last action as a United player was that penaltly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah Ruud's last action was to be thrown out of the ground and denied a final swansong by the evil hatelord SAF.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [14] Fergie praise for Carrick

Tuesday, August 1, 2006

"He is happy, it is a terrific move for the lad - he is a great footballer, a pure footballer - a marvellous passer of the ball. He will add to the different types of players we have in midfield like Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher - all different types of player and he is just a different type of player." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

I must admit i'd like to see him come to us for the season ,get some experience, probably toughen him up a bit as loads of fullbacks will be out to kick him.

Would be good for all parties i feel icon14.gif From what i hear he is quite highly regarded at OT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

oh yeh

where did ya work big boy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Less of the big boy, i'm not grooming you ffs. Someone else can be Senegals stand in icon_biggrin.gif

I worked and still work at the Christie Hospital in withington, i just don't live in Stocky any more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

If we were tucked away in 3rd place and Chelsea had to beat us to prevent them winning the league....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd still want us to win. I simply can't go into a game not wanting us to win it, whatever the outcome of that.

Of course, if we got beat i wouldn't be crying icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

if we mess up this year, Fergie will have to find a new excuse as the old chestnut of 'we didn't get out of the blocks well enough' has been banished this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the always-reliable entry in Fergie's Big Book of Excuses: "We're still a young team, we'll learn for the experience" icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's easy to mock but tbf, he's not exactly been wrong when he has said that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, yes he has. Who are these wide-eyed inexperienced youngsters who have so much to learn?

My team for tomorrow's match:

Kuszczak

Lee

Brown

Vidic

Heinze

Fletcher

Carrick

Jones

Richardson

Rooney

Smith

Bench:

Heaton

Shawcross

Evra

Rose

Ronaldo

A pretty strong team but I'd rather see a strongish team than see Silvestre and O'Shea plunder along. We've also got no other kids looking like they can make it so why even bother putting them in the squad?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I'm not the one complaining iirc. Think I pretty much said 'excellent performance' somewhere up there.

Simply pointing out that saying we shouldn't criticise fergie for putting rooney onto the wing because we *might* have found ourselves in a rut if he was playing up front is a bit silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, I haven't read everything. It's just I often see unrealistic expectations in here a lot of the time. Can't remember a lot of matches where a team dominates for 90 mins. It's easy to criticise tactics but you would be the first to say why did we play so attacking had we played 442 and not progressed. I can understand his caution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We really wouldn't, for the simple reason that we don't do negative stifling tactics well at all, and it's cost us so many times in the past, both this season and in seasons before. We've looked good or great in the majority of games where we've played 4-4-2 this season, and poor the majority of times we've played that strange lopsided 4-5-1. I doubt you'd have seen one critical post about the tactics if we'd gone down playing that way.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>IN:

Michael Carrick (Tottenham) £14m*

Tomasz Kuszczak (W.B.A.) Loan (p/ex)

Total: £14m

OUT:

Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid) £11m

John Obi Mikel (Chelsea) £6m*

Jonathan Spector (West Ham) £500k

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Plymouth) £250k

David Bellion (Nice) Undisc.

Luke Steele (W.B.A.) P/Ex

Paul McShane (W.B.A.) P/Ex

Quinton Fortune (Bolton) Free

Liam Miller (Sunderland) Free

Markus Neumayr (Duisburg) Free

Mads Timm (Odense) Free

Mark Howard (Brondby) Free

Eddie Johnson (Bradford) Free

Phil Picken (Chesterfield) Free

Colin Heath (Macclesfield) Free

Tommy Lee (Macclesfield) Free

Kyle Moran (Free Agent) Released

Gerard Piqué (Zaragoza) Loan

Guiseppe Rossi (Newcastle) Loan

Chris Eagles (NEC Nijmegen) Loan

Lee Martin (Rangers) Loan

Phil Bardsley (Rangers) Loan

Tim Howard (Everton) Loan

Ben Foster (Watford) Loan

Adam Eckersley (Brondby) Loan

Jonathan Evans (Antwerp) Loan

Danny Simpson (Antwerp) Loan

Darron Gibson (Antwerp) Loan

Fraizer Campbell (Antwerp) Loan

Total: £17.75m~

Squad depth and wage bill: Decimated

Net Outlay: -£3.75m

• 2 weeks later...

most depressing thing about yesterday for me was the chelsea game. im convinced were the better team but they have the better individual players and have so many different match winners compared to us. they seem to be the ultimate win when youre not playing well team, aka the champions.

we were disgustingly poor yesterday, failing to secure a point may be the best thing that could have happened as it seemed like a few people were beginning to believe their own/the teams press.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going back to the previous page. The first goal I ever remember being scored by a United player is that Hughes one against Oldham.

Was sat in my dad's cousins pub watching it on the big screen. Pub went crazy when the goal went in & my dad's cousin turned it over right at the fulltime whistle cos he was an Oldham supporter icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i know no-one relevant is online but i'll ask now what the wall plans are for tomorrow and then check in the morning. cunning </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keith is getting beer. those at the wall

Me

Keith

Jonny

Ryan

Eddie iirc

Acou2000

14alansmithifb

Don't think I've missed anyone out

New RI \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Saha may make the bench

Louis Saha could be among the substitutes for United's Champions League clash with Roma at Old Trafford on Tuesday evening.

The French striker felt his hamstring in training on Friday and consequently missed United's 2-1 defeat at Portsmouth on Saturday tea-time.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that the 28-year-old is in the running to make the bench for Tuesday's quarter-final second leg tie.

"Louis will probably be fit enough to be named on the bench," he told MUTV. "His hamstring felt a bit tight on Friday, but I think he'll be okay.

"If he comes through on Tuesday I think he and Alan Smith will figure against Watford in the FA Cup semi-final next Saturday."

Sir Alex also confirmed that Gary Neville is likely to be back for the Premiership clash against Sheffield United at Old Trafford on Tuesday week.

The Reds' skipper, who has missed United's last four matches, hobbled out of the win over Bolton last month after suffering ankle ligament damage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

some good news there at least. although i give up with Saha really

Post-match from Luciano Spalleti...

He said: 'No-one imagined this performance. We suffered from a lack of experience.'

'But Manchester United deserved victory because of the way they played.'

...I would say that Roma got well and truly owned, but at least he managed to admit that Utd deserved victory icon_razz.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carlos Tevez has told his West Ham team-mates he will quit the club at the end of the season - with AC Milan and Sevilla leading the chase. (The Sun)

Though it is still unclear who owns Tevez - with Media Sports Investment allegedly offering him to five different clubs for £31m. (Daily Express)

SWAPHIMFORRICHARDSONFERGIE

Archived