The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ok to try and get the thread going, five things you're hoping for this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha, you really are DP. icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Ron-Robert Zieler, our future keeper icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better than Foster? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Impossible to say really. Incredibly highly-rated, but as Franny said, about 5 years younger than Foster and untested in any kind of senior football really.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Blatantly a signing coming tomorrow lads, hang on in there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

Tomorrow, shirley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">twatface Juni changed it with persuasion from Mika/Nickogs who will both get glassed on Sunday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tsk, Mod abuse there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Ryan is freakishly skinny tbf. At the football meetup I feared for his life after seeing how small he was comapred to some. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did alright, apart from when he dissapeared for 10 minutes without telling his teammates icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he has been chasing Owen Hargreaves since before the World Cup.

Ferguson confirmed his interest in the Bayern Munich man for the first time on Friday, as he looks to bolster his squad.

Hargreaves has indicated he would be interested in a switch to Old Trafford, as he looks to fulfil his dream of playing in England.

Bayern are adamant that Hargreaves is not for sale and that he will see out his contract until 2010.

Ferguson is hoping a compromise can be reached to sign Hargreaves, but conceded his performances at the World Cup have made it harder to do a deal.

"We first enquired about Owen before the World Cup," Ferguson told MUTV.

"What he did in the tournament was a nightmare. I knew it would happen - it happens all the time.

"The boy wants to come, so we hope to be able to do something."

United star John O'Shea has welcomed the club's interest in Hargreaves and believes he would be a valuable addition to the squad.

"Owen would be a good addition," O'Shea said.

"There were lots of question marks around him before the World Cup, but he showed in Germany what a quality player he is.

"Obviously, Bayern Munich are going to try to hold on to him, so we will just have to wait and see but he is a quality player." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Steve McClaren believes Wayne Rooney's three-match ban is bad news for him and England.

The Manchester United striker was sent off during a pre-season friendly and is now set to miss Premiership games against Charlton, Watford and Tottenham.

And McClaren believes that the FA's decision to reject United's appeal has made his efforts to forge a bond with club bosses doubly hard.

"The decision has not made my job any easier in building relationships with the clubs," he explained.

"I am not criticising anybody about making a decision but when I have to build a relationship with the clubs and the managers and decisions are made like this one with Wayne Rooney then that obviously makes my job very, very difficult."

With Rooney also ruled out of England's Euro 2008 qualifiers against Andorra and Macedonia following his dismissal against Portugal in the World Cup, it means he will play no competitive football for a month.

"This decision has been made by somebody within the FA who I don't know," said McClaren.

"It has affected Manchester United, it has affected England and it has affected the player and I am disappointed for them."

Peter Crouch is expected to lead the line for England in Rooney's absence, and McClaren feels the Liverpool man has already shown that he is perfectly suited to international football.

"A lot of people have been questioning the striker situation but Peter Crouch has emerged," he commented.

"He is giving performances now that are very effective for England.

"He is different and he is not nice to defend against. He is not just good in the air.

"His feet are great and he can bring players in from midfield. He is a valuable player for the squad." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I’m still neutral, I haven’t seen a dip in the club as yet, so I am still not a hater. But SSN saying they have been a success because we won the Carling Cup is utter ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you haven't seen a dip? what about the summer transfer activity?

oh yeah, we 'splashed out' on Carrick, my bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much has Fergie bidded on Hargreaves? Torres? We'll see what happens in January, if nobody arrives then icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much has he bid on them? genuine question? icon_biggrin.gif

the answer is precisely zero btw, and that's straight from David Gill's mouth.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And if that wasn't bad enough the ****ing massive loans they've attached to the club shows that they are **** businessmen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I'll get my head bitten off for this but actually that is the normal step for a new business cycle, obviously they've gone to extreme in that aspect which is way too much, and whether it was necessary is questionable.

tbh the Glazers borrowing £600m from Rothschild/Morgan to buy the club is no different than MUST considering to borrow a similar amount from Nomura, but where is the annoyance at that proposal?

I said it at the time, the ideal solution would be a DIC led takeover like what may happen down the East Lancs Road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Giuseppe Rossi’s agent has warned interested Italian clubs that they would have to dig deep in order to convince Manchester United to sell.

The Parma striker made an immediate impact on his Serie A debut on Sunday just days after his loan switch from United, a performance which has already sparked speculation over his future.

His representative has admitted that a number of the peninsula’s top clubs are keen, but that United have already turned down a sizeable offer for the Under-21 international.

“Sides like Milan, Inter, Juventus and Roma are following him,†Andrea Pastorello stated on Monday evening.

“United turned down a £4.2m bid before the season started basically because they have great faith in the youngster.

“This winter there was a chance for Parma to get him on loan, without an option to buy, and Giuseppe now has a chance to shine.â€

Although Pastorello has nothing but praise for the Premiership leaders, he has admitted that Rossi may be more suited to Serie A.

“I’m grateful to United and we will never clash,†he added. “But in terms of his characteristics, I think Rossi is more suited to the Italian game.

“That’s why we rejected a loan to another English club [after his brief spell at Newcastle], also ruling out Second Divisions sides.

“We have also had contact with Barcelona, but I repeat that it will not be easy to take him away from Manchester United.

“His price? They’ve already said no to £4m which is no small fee by today’s standards…†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

WSR - just out of interest, do you or your old man get United Review at home games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry for late reply watching prison break. No? And if your next question is do I get a big pepsi and some haribos before the game that is also a no. We may occasionally get one, think we have one for the City game..

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Mon Giuseppe Rossi

Saha not worthy of bolding though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not in the squad. i thought bolding him would be inappropriate, as well as probably causing him to injure himself by default.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Looked more like neck/chin, ad I'd class that as face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankfully, for all his faults Mr Walton obviously has a better grasp of anatomy than you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Smith, who came on as a substitute against Lille during midweek, will be involved for the Reds in the FA Cup quarter-final clash with Middlesbrough on Saturday tea-time.

"He enjoyed a good work out against Lille," said Sir Alex. "He'll definitely figure against Middlesbrough.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????

Bent would be ace. of all the names mentioned he's probably the best fit for our system (along with Torres). great as Berbs and Hunty are, will we still be able to play the type of football we've produced this season with a less mobile striker like one of them upfront? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. every word.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greg1892:

Don't write us off to pull off a result against Chelsea tomorrow. We are unbeaten against the other top 4 sides at home this season and infact only Bolton out of the top 10 have beaten us at home, we've been crap against the crap sides. I still think Chelsea will turns us over but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we get a point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never doubted you

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Your biggest 'rivals' are in the CL final and you've had the chance to meet them there and stop them from winning the competition yet again, it just seems strange people are more bothered about going out to the likes of Dortmund and Leverkuesen, each to their own though

I'd be interested in Nick's views on whether these fans who 'aren't bothered' should be getting tickets ahead of those who are gutted icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not said I'm 'not bothered', I'm clearly bothered. But I don't think it's 'strange' to have been more bothered about losing to Leverkusen, a game we could / should have won, when we were off the pace in the league and out the cups. That was fairly heartbreaking, and I'm struggling to see where you're coming from.

Ah, it's random fishing, I see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

such a fantastic day, went to the tollgate on the way home for a few, just got home.

amazing day \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, that's why you f**ked off early. sneaky cunner

• 3 weeks later...

patience ffs icon_mad.gif

right, 41 sets of votes, believe that's a record for these prestigious awards, well played reds. shame on the handful who failed to vote - jonny, i hope the warlock-buggery was worth it.

best and worst signing have been awarded this year to michael carrick and tomasz kuszczak by default, well played lads.

first award IMMINENT

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

should have stuck a buy-back clause with ruud icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to answer that in a way that very firmly says no but i fear by doing that we'll start the whole stupid argument off again.

Archived