The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Still have Silvestre ahead of O'Shea, CB was supposed to be his best position but i don't remember him ever looking reall good there even early on when he looked a really good player.

Vidic and Brown, i'd still have Brown just ahead, but Vidic got better as time went on so it'll be interesting to see if he can overtake Wes as he settles in more.

And the Pique one is tricky. On pure ability, i'd have him at least 4th, potentially better. If we're talking about the order in which they'd play this season, which is a slightly different question, i'd have him ahead of O'Shea and battling Silvestre at the minute.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Palahnuik:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

so how much monye will we have, assuming the 10m deal for ruud goes through? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to SSN we get the money in 3 installments, so probably not much more than we have now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which is....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">11)Fat Sam saying that Ruud had been “found out†at the start of the 02/03 season and then Ruud going on to score 44 goals that term. Sod off Sam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

now we have Carrick I'm really quite undecided as to what's best..

another midfielder.. or someone to replace Ruud's goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a netural point of view I would say a striker. Scholes is still good enough and you seem to have a few decent kids coming through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given all teams are chasing Chelsea, are decent kids enough? I question whether Bellamy and Pennant are enough? And hence my surprise at Henry staying (though I think that has a lot to do with wanting to remain the big fish).

• 2 weeks later...

As for Rooney's supsension it just shows what a bunch of old fools work at/for the FA.

Another thing, whats happened to Senna?? Has Fergie realised he's not all that and is 30 or something else??

Hargreaves is better than your current holding mids, but is he Utd class?? Mixed reports from Germany, though tbf he did have that awesome game for England.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Bayern need to be seen as doing what they can to keep him, he wants to go, he'll sign.

trust me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember the Chelsea game? I stuck my neck out and what happened? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A broken clock is right twice a day.

I'll be watching this icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here icon14.gif

Both Carrick and Fletcher have been quite anonymous really, but it's been that sort of game where the only time the ball is in midfield is when Giggs and Ronaldo go infield and dribble.

None of the fluency we've seen against fulham and charlton yet, with some half-chances mainly arising from crappy Watford defending.

Generally the game needs a spark. Would be nice to see Rossi in place of Ole, who is not looking very sharp tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

just seeing the match thread.. Taz's Carrick-hate so weird :/

I thought he had a good game, and when I got back and watched the tape, it confirmed it.

Played some good passes. Spread the play when nobody else in the side seemed capable. And even got stuck in to tackles up against Davids and co. Truly baffling if people weren't impressed with his hour or so yesterday.

But Fletcher is never going to go past a player. Saying that, I'd still start Fletcher on the right against Arsenal as he can drift in and back-up Scholes and Carrick.

Speaking of Carrick, was I the only one who thought he had a decent game tonight? Kept his position well and, after a scruffy start, his passing was good too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

Give scholes some credit, he did rather cynically take out Rosicky off the ball in 2nd half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was great icon14.gif

Scholes deciding he couldn't be arsed to track back so simply took Rosicky out of the equation with a complete lack of subtlety icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wakey06:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Any anti-BBB block vote we have will be outnumbered 2:1 by the Manc block vote tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be a scouse but any anti BBB user is a friend of mine-the enemy of my enemy and all that icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd take Bent as well.

Did we miss a trick by not going in for Andy Johnson? Wouldn't have thought so at the time, but he's a lot pacier than I though, quite good in the air and can hold the ball up as well. And at £8 million he would have been at a good price too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

id resigned myself to defeat before the game and so was only semi dsitraught. its more the manner of the defeat than defeat itself. im more concerned that confidence will crumble at the whole missed opportunity thing than anything else but i felt that way after the chelsea game and weve not really slipped up big time since then.

just making things so hard on ourselves, could be so so far ahead right now. keeps it interesting i suppose. plus there are positives with chelsea failing to make up the ground and rooney getting a goal at last. straw clutching icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Look, I'm the cheapskate one, Ali lives in London, ergo has money.

You coming tomorrow Beardy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, mate. No ticket. But I can live with that.

Sorry that I'll miss Ali, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rossi = Brilliant

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

how cool is that penalty? icon_biggrin.gif just lets Frey commit himself and tucks it the other way, brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I liked Eagles goal icon14.gif

Serious question not trying to troll: Why did Rooney make a point of going to the Everton fans and kissing the Man Utd badge? I thought he was still an Everton fan at heart having been there since 12 or whenever he joined?, or has he lost all interest for them after Moyles is suing him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris Moyles is suing him as well now?

• 3 weeks later...

The Manchester United Thread 2007/2008 - Patrocinado por futebolistas lusófonos

Patrocinado por futebolistas lusófonos = Sponsored by Portuguese-speaking footballers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

not yet icon_biggrin.gif

i've pulled a sickie because i have an interview this afternoon. naughty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, well played. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived