The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

That's actually a joke. Might actually have to use the editor for once :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always use the editor on FM to edit United players to what I think they should be icon_biggrin.gif And on PES. icon_redface.gif

Buffon would be a great acquisition for us and of course Gattuso would be great in midfield.... Maybe Alex is just waiting for the demise of the italion clubs before he goes hardcore in the market....

Please please please buy some of those boys!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Toni not good enough? Ok icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you even seen him play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, have YOU? he's awesome :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Alan Smith ifb, what an utter utter legend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Self-promotion icon13.gif

Yeah it's ******** comparing Giggs to Smith, Gonch is being ******** though when he's trying to say Smitheh is sh*t, Smitheh has been utterly commited for us, ran the midfield against Chelsea. To just write him off is just moronic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

how the hell did anderson miss that?

saha - i'm watching - you left too soon icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My frickin' internet connection died and I couldn't get it back icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

well we might not be signing anyone but i think everyone would have exchanged that for carter being banned. great day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha not quite icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

they better leave him there to minimise the risk of injury </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll probably get a splinter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I thought we'd established that O7?'s anti-Ruud rants were just sub-Daaaave attempts at sh*t stirring? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sub-Daaaave? That's harsh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ok quiz, what position was Park when he first played for the South Korean national team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Left back in the changing rooms LOLZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rofl.

he's attacking the cross, and doesn't make it. he's right to try and intercept it, and if you're putting the blame on him then yes, his mistake is not getting any contact on the cutback.

however he had no option but to attack the cross as reo-coker was unmarked in the middle. if he allows reo-coker a free shot at goal from 5 yards, no amount of making himself big is going to stop him from scoring

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Us? Perform away in Europe? Get out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually struggling to remember the last match where we both performed away from home and got a result icon_frown.gif

In europe ofc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lyon away maybe? But that was Ruud singlehandedly saving us from a pretty slack performance...before that you're looking at well...I dunno :/

Ole is still good for bringing off the bench to get us a goal. But I don't think he can start anymore.

I really hope we get at Lille from the off. None of this "sit back and scout them out until the 80th minute" crap we usually do in europe.

I saw one person ejected from the stands for smoking. Nothing more.

****ing brilliant day. Yeah we were rubbish, but winning it like that just does give you a bit of a 'meant to be' feeling :/

Muchos love to BBB for sorting me at such short notice icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a look at my predictions that I made an absolute age ago. Surprised myself with my own optimism tbh. :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

UNITED

Reading H - 3 3

Newcastle A - 3 1

Villa H - 3 3

Arsenal A - 0 0

Watford H - 3 3

Spurs A - 3 3

Charlton H - 3 3

Fulham A - 3 3

Liverpool A - 0 3

Bolton H - 3 3

Blackburn H - 3 3

Portsmouth A - 1 0

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 3

City A - 3

Chelsea A - 0

West Ham H - 3

Total - 93 93

CHELSEA

Fulham H - 3 1

Villa A - 3 1

Wigan H - 3 3

Liverpool A - 1 0

Blackburn H - 3 3

Charlton A - 3 3

Boro H - 3 3

Man City A - 3 3

Portsmouth A - 3 3

Shef U H - 3 3

Watford A - 3 3

Spurs H - 3 3

West Ham A - 3

Newcastle A - 3

Bolton H - 1

Arsenal A - 0

Man Utd H - 3

Everton H - 3

Total - 93 88

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In a perfect world tickets would be cheaper - but in reality why wouldn't the Glazers maximize their revenue streams?

Football is a want, not a need. I'm obsessed by it but not too much to realise that fairly simple fact. If you hate Glazers/greed so much just don't go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

I want to see Richardson try that. With his hair it'd be bound to end in some sort of injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

quite clearly gonna catch Saha in the mouth first game of the season when he does the backflip meaning Saha is out for the season with a dislocated head.

I have also come to the conclusion that Richardson was copying Giggs' hairstyle from when he broke into the team. Giggs is no repaying the compliment by playing in the same style as Richardson. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing either of them leave.

This smirky guy has it right. Nobody else could get away with playing like Giggs has & not get dropped from the team. I don't care about sentimentality, Giggs shouldn't be allowed to get away with crap performances. Most of all because it makes me want ot self harm when I criticise him game after game.

Archived