The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The Sun are saying that Ronaldo still wants to leave because he fears for his life at Old Trafford. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So pathetically desperate to drive the dirty foreigner out

I watched the 02/03 season DVD the other day. I'd forgotten just how fffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbb he was.

There was a time when if you played the ball up to Ruud he'd take a perfect first touch hold off three or four players, release one of our midfielders and then be bang in the middle of the box when the ball came in. Fcuking legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

hey, i'm not saying he can't - or won't - get better. not saying that at all.

the fact remains though, that right now, saying he is very average is being quite kind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trying a tad too hard, if you ask me. Seems the lad's desperate to make his mark.

Can't blame him, though. Wouldn't you want to be the main striker for the best team in the World ? icon_razz.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I hate the new site. Can I not get a list of upcoming fixtures with the ticket availability like the old site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={7F2F7A6A-588...2-ADC0-1D8462EE4ADD}

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Excuse my lack of knowledge about this England related set of questions but they aren't my country so I don't make it a priority:

Is there a midweek international game that England are playing at home or is their first game next weekend?

Are they playing that fixture at OT?

If they're not playing until next weekend BUT are training in Manchester one would assume that Carrington's in use & therefore Hargreaves is going to be hanging around anyway...

Still not going to pass judgement or anything until he's signed, sealed and delivered as part of the squad. Although I'm starting to think that BBB is going to get his custom status... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm English and I completely ignore it all so don't worry.

And I too will belive it when I see it, not a second before. As it stands John O'Shea is in our midfield, we will not win a thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CORRECTION.. As it stands John O'Shea is a direct replacement for any injury to Scholes or Carrick. And we will not win a thing.

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

The problem with Rossi was apparent against Fulham, 5-1 and cruising, great time to bring him on, but he had 3 strikers ahead of him and didn't even make the bench.

And that's even before Smith returned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha and Solskjaer won't stay fit for ever, Rooney won't be available for every game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. I still think that it's a good move though, if Rossi goes there and gets goals, he'll come back here a much better player for it, and with more confidence.

I mean lets face it, pre-season here he couldn't hit a barn door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as the injury jinx doesn't get him, i'm not too bothered either way to be honest. It's more the implications of why he's going there now that are of interest than the move itself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I honestly don't remember my first United game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me neither. I remember the awe i felt is i came up and first saw the whole pitch and the full stands in front of me (there's a scene in fever pitch that captures it really well), but i don't remember who we played, or any more than it would have probably been '78 or early '79.

Jones' best chance will be playing in our Carling Cup game and putting in a MOTM display to force himself into contention. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Park and Giggs out, he might make it on from the bench before that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha no chance becks, legend though you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wants to come back. The Glazers want him back. Ferguson is the only stumbling block really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he really still that big a marketing draw?

• 4 weeks later...

There actually weren't many icon_mad.gif's there, was more of a "Hahahahaha we're screwed" job in that month, as seen by the Keyser's pessimism corner icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reverse jinxing rules. Look at Ronaldo!

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

we're not on sky much over christmas are we? the villa and wigan games definitely aren't, have a feeling reading isn't either. not sure about newcastle :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

quite right actually, this may be the only game I see of us on Sky icon_frown.gif

nevermind - I'll be at the Wigan and Villa Cup game icon_cool.gif

MAYBE even Villa league too.

Jorge Mendes said that during the height of Ronaldo's unpopularity among English fans after the World Cup he contacted the Catalan giants to discuss a move.

"I offered the player to Barca, but they told me that they were going to sign Thierry Henry and so rejected a possible deal," Mendes is quoted in El Mundo Deportivo.

Henry decided to stay at Arsenal and there has been a recent clamour in the Catalan press for the Spanish champions to sign Sir Alex Ferguson's prize asset.

"Right now Cristiano is happy in English football," Mendes added. "There is no pressure to force his exit.

"He is 21 years old, a Portuguese international and in an extraordinary moment of form.

"At these heights it is practically impossible that the player could sign for Barcelona because Manchester [united] would not give him away for all the gold in the world."

and so it begins.

saha, I still love you, just ben was right.

• 3 weeks later...

Heinze and Smith have June/July on the calendar, basically guaranteed exits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad, but true, as far as I can see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

hahaha, never a penalty, nicely taken though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? icon_biggrin.gif

Was rather blatent, no complaints anywhere icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

any of you clowns doing fulham away or is the boycott still on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me, mart and jonny afaik. there was never a boycott of the actual game (simply/sadly wouldn't work with our support), but there's a boycott of anything else Fulham try to flog to us (programmes, pies, beer etc).

• 3 weeks later...

singing Champions now does absolutely nothing except set yourself up for a fall.

it's not going to make the eventual title win (if it comes) any better.. and it doesnt add anything to the enjoyment I was already getting from us snatching that game today

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Can't stand people that sell over face value. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto. But when it's the only real, reliable way I can get a ticket I don't have that much choice. I've got a membership but not got one ticket through ballots yet and my uncle goes to every game now, so can never use his ST.

The atmosphere sounded really good from the Stretty last night, you knew it was from there because you saw everybody clapping to the Calypso when the camera pointed that way, but the other stands were motionless icon_biggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mart should be banned from future euro aways imo. three defeats out of three and being labelled 'an embarrassment to Manchester United', should probably confiscate his passport.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

sweepstake to see who lasts longer; nick or taz? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would i lose my job? You talk like i have a history of losing jobs when in reality i have lost one.

And that job was lost because they decided to merge two departments making me with little experience surplus to requirements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what your saying is, I should be betting on you?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah cant see many if any times Hargs will be on the right

I think Fergie will just push this 433ish formation more and more next season now it seems to have started 'fitting' a little better

first choice

CM Hargreaves

CM Carrick

CM Scholes

FW Rooney

FW Ronaldo

ST Smith/Saha/new signing

Hargreaves doing more protecting/man-marking jobs, Carrick moving forward a bit more than he has done this year, and Scholes probably floating to get hold of the ball and license to push forward too.

Rossi as back up for the Roonaldo positions tbh.

Archived