The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

oh and which is the jones who you guys always cream yourself over. I always forget if its David or Ritchie icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>David

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

thought we weren't going to SA anymore?

Man I need to pay more attention in class. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we're going, the press arent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

PJ, you coming up for the Fulham game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully - my mates want to go up and stay the weekend, but I can't really afford to do that, and I might have to be in work on the Monday if I get a job by then

The same comment covers Scatter thinking we need a winger first, and people saying Fergie has been looking at signing midfielders.

The problem is not numbers in central midfield. It's that we don't have one single destructive central midfielder on the books, unless you want to be really generous and suggest that O'Shea fills that category. On top of that, the comments by Mika about who we've been after don't cover it for me in that neither Mikel or Ballack do that job.

Add to that the fact that we've spent at least £14m on another midfielder who, while he could be referred to as defensive in that he plays deep, doesn't add the steel that the midfield lacks. If we get the right player alongside him, he could be a good signing, but he's overpriced, and it appears that his signing could mean that we have to go for the cut price option again for the more defensive midfielder in Senna. That, combined with the signing of two defenders in january, which would seem to be one too many if we're now struggling for funds, suggests that there is a lack of focus in the transfer dealings of the club.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER United chief executive David Gill has confirmed Tomasz Kuszczak has signed a four-year contract with the Old Trafford club.

The Old Trafford outfit announced Kuszczak’s arrival from West Brom on Thursday but curiously failed to state the terms of the deal.

West Brom suggested the 24-year-old had initially signed on loan, with a view to the deal becoming permanent, although Gill has now clarified the situation.

Advertisement your story continues below

“Tomasz will be a Manchester United player for the next four years,†he said.

“He has come to us on loan for the first year and then will join us permanently in July 2007. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Typical wall action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha whose that ugly **** in the middle....oh wait icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

thanks for taking the fall, jules icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

just 4 subs? surely would be better to call up a younger player just for experince? if you can get more experince playing reserves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We loaned our 14 year olds to local schools.

• 3 weeks later...

Coldberg was spot on about the fact that so many times Ronaldo just drags our entire side out from being penned back, to being on the attack/counter just by gaining 60 yards in seconds.

Plus his dribbles cause constant problems for the opposition, so even when he does give the ball away he's creating more opportunities than anyone else on the pitch and putting the opposition on the back foot.

Additionally he actually got the assist today.

So yes can we please get past the narrow minded "wtf so greedy and rubbish" view of him.

• 4 weeks later...

Motm: Fletcher

2nd: Evra

(Honourable mentions to Giggs and Scholes)

I cannot express how delighted I am that Fletcher seems to have learnt how to play on the right. We knew (well most of us knew) he had the talent.. but usually being shoved out there as he so often is made him appear sh*t... not any more. icon_cool.gif

MASSIVE workrate - chased literally every ball - good in possession - good movement.

And Evra - another very solid at the back/good going forward performance. Heinze really has a tough time getting his place back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Adu must wait until June for Man United decision

Teenage prodigy Freddy Adu must wait until next June to learn whether Manchester United will try to sign him.

The young United States international has just completed a two-week trial with the Old Trafford outfit, during which time he trained with United's academy team.

Adu's stint with United has captured the attention of soccer observers across the Atlantic.

Although Chelsea had also previously expressed an interest in the 17-year-old, who made the Major Soccer League play-offs with DC United this season, his club coach Peter Nowak believes that if the player is set on furthering his career in Europe he would be better advised moving to Holland.

However, while Adu - the youngest player to be capped by the USA - impressed Ferguson during his time in England, under UK employment legislation, the Red Devils boss cannot even consider whether to offer him a contract until he reaches his 18th birthday on June 2.

'Freddy has done all right,' confirmed Ferguson.

'He is a good talented young boy but there is nothing we can do about him.

'What we did was to bring him here to give him an idea of what United was like so he could see the place and see how comfortable he was with it.

'He is a very confident and talented boy but nothing can be done just yet.

'He will go back to the United States and we will keep a check on him. Then, when he is 18, we will have to assess what we can do next.'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Not really surprised by the performances really, more at the lack of injuries to Saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the lack of a hamstring injury for Giggs at the weekend. If anything was a certain in life then I thought that would have been it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Who you lot got in the Carling Cup? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that's witty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Edward

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I thought Park, Giggs and Rooney all played worse than Fletcher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you'd be completely correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time you've ever agreed with anything i've said - you feel alright? :|

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

the things we do for United icon_biggrin.gif

I was sacked from my first job for going to a game icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

almost got suspenedfrom school in 99, think everyone on here knows why I dint go to Champs League final that year, so instead me, my grandad (had season ticket next to me) and my brother went to get tickets for that homecoming thing at the MEN the day after the final.

So instead of going to school that day, went to MEN to get tickets and what should be there only Granada Reports and who should be in the shot at the back of the que when they were filming but me, my mum and my brother! icon_biggrin.gif

Just wait for 3pm tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

Ah, it's like July 14th all over again icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As always, I love the enthusiasm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Eddie, you can take the campaign slogan out of your location now

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Did it work yet ? icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

simon pegg on either or

"chelsea or united"

"chelsea"

"liverpool or united"

"liverpool"

spiafc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh what

simon pegg wfb until that icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

Ah I see. Must be more tempting because you can go to say Blackburn away any season, but Rome is a bit of a one off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're not wrong mate. it will kill me not going, but it is clearly the sensible option.

like i say, i have til monday to dissuade myself icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you should say balls to it and go, but miss a few other aways if you have to icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

agree about Pique but then i just don't think he's particularly suited. Rossi will be back though icon_cool.gif

Assulin would be amazy.

must. not. get. carried. away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he was very good in that one game he played for the first team icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I can't believe we've got to almost 5pm today with NO-ONE mentioning that it's essentially Christmas. 26 years ago in Waterford, Ireland, Our Lord and Saviour John O'Shea was born.

Is.

A.

God. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Sheasy icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

As for the Milan/Alcohol thing, i'm not going I just thought I better post it in here as I hadn't seen anything about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fergie's Scholes concern

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned Paul Scholes that one mistimed tackle could rob him of an appearance at a European final for a second time.

The midfield star missed Manchester United's UEFA Champions League win over Bayern Munich in 1999 on account of suspension and he heads into Wednesday's semi-final against Milan with a booking hanging over him.

Scholes has already served a suspension in Europe this term and Ferguson is fearful that one rash tackle could cost his player dear.

"You cannot send a player out in the semi-final of the European Cup and tell him not to tackle," said Ferguson.

"But Paul has to make sure he doesn't get booked. If he stays on his feet and tackles properly, he won't have a problem.

"In Europe, they just don't accept sliding in. That is where he gets all his bookings.

"We accept it in our country when he slides in but they don't look at it the same way in Europe. It is not filthy or violent conduct, it is all about interpretation."

Ferguson does not feel Milan's players will look to get Scholes booked.

"The second leg would be in progress and one of us would be going to the final, so I do not see any benefit for them in that," he added.

"But Milan don't seem like that kind of side to me anyway. There was nothing like that in the last game we played against them and on Tuesday there was nothing like that either.

"If anyone deserves to play in a final it is Paul and we are all hoping that is the case.

"If he keeps his calm about the game I am sure he will be all right."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Fergie can see the inevitable happening too icon_frown.gif, correct though in my opinion Scholes is the most deserving player to never have played in a champions league final.

id be very happy with OH. i know carrick has done well and fletch does a job in there when required but i think hargreaves can be different class for us. the cost is insane AND we definitely need a winger and a forward more urgently but if there is the money for all three (i know i know) then id be so happy to see him at united.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived